PDA

View Full Version : Cheapest Set of Trevor Thom Air Pilot's Manual

danielwong216
6th Apr 2005, 16:25
The cheapest I can find is from pilot warehouse, £120 (Vol 1-7) delivery included.
Any where else that is cheaper?
Thanks!

Flik Roll
6th Apr 2005, 17:03
Try Amazon.co.uk (http://www.amazon.co.uk/) and look in the new and used.
Flying Training starts at £3.50
Aviation Law & Met. starts at £8.00
Air Nav. starts at £11.50
Aeroplane Tech. starts at £11.00
Human Factors starts at £11.00

Big saving really!

I would recommend buying CAP413 (available free online as a .pdf document) in lieu of Number 7 'RT' and I never bothered with book 5 either because it isn't really pertinent to a PPL unless you want to do and instrument rating after.

Halfbaked_Boy
6th Apr 2005, 17:54
If that goes for a burden then it's also worth trying www.ebay.co.uk .

Cheers, Jack.

topcat450
6th Apr 2005, 19:06
These aren't the Trevor Thom ones, however http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=169594 BlueRobin appears to be getting rid of his. They're just as good as TT.

I am assuming they've not yet gone :confused:

BRL
6th Apr 2005, 19:53
Of course our strict non-advertising policy here at pprune forbids for sale ads.

Hope they are being given away......... ;)

Kolibear
7th Apr 2005, 10:03
Unless you'd like to make a donation to the Pprune Fund of course.

homeguard
7th Apr 2005, 10:24
Daniel

Before spending loads of dosh buying books etc. Check with the school where you will train what they wish you to have. You should be guided by them. Then get the best price!

Chequeredflag
7th Apr 2005, 19:22
I think the School sell (and presumably therefore, recommend) the Jeremy Pratt books, which I use. Amazon is a good source, but do try e-bay for some second hand bargains. I have just bought a Pooleys CRP-1 flight computer, virtually unused, for £23 - i.e half price

danielwong216
7th Apr 2005, 19:45
Thanks everyone for your replies! Very useful! I am likely to go to the US and get a PPL, and fly in Hong Kong (cos I am from HK!). Don't really know a FAA or JAA PPL is better for flying in HK. Are they similar? Or very different? ( i know FAA is an american licence, and JAA is European, but in terms of course content)

danielwong216
8th Apr 2005, 21:33
Yeah had a look on amazon and all 5 AFE only cost 70 pounds included delivery, compare to 120 pounds for 7 air pilot's manual. I have heard that air pilot's manual is better if continuing flying training beyond PPL, is this true?