PDA

View Full Version : recomendations for IMC training

Yorks.ppl
4th Apr 2005, 12:18
I have decided to take the plunge and embark upon the IMC rating and wondered if anybody had any suggestions/recomendations about instructors.
I did my PPL at Leeds Bradford and now fly from Sherburn so I suppose either of those would be good as a training base.

Names of good instructors (or ones to avoid) are what I am looking for.

Hope someone can help, I am happy to recieve approaches from instructors too, tell me why I should give you my money :)

Thanks

IO540
4th Apr 2005, 16:34
If you want the Rating to go places (it's great for that), choose an instructor who has a real IR and flies IFR for real. Very few of them about.

You will also need access to a suitable aircraft (equipment, condition) and have a budget supporting the extra currency that IFR flight requires.

If you just want the Rating, it doesn't matter :O But then you probably won't be able to get much out of it.

FullyFlapped
5th Apr 2005, 12:46
My votes would go to (1) Kevin Rowell at Yorkshire Vintage Flying (Sheffield), (2) Leeds Flying School (LBA) although I'm not now familiar with who does IMCs up there.

FF :ok:

Northern Highflyer
5th Apr 2005, 13:33
yorksppl

check your pm's :ok:

Yorks.ppl
6th Apr 2005, 12:02
Does anybody have any experience of IMC instructors at Multiflight? or any other coments about them?

Northern Highflyer
6th Apr 2005, 12:48
I have done my IR at Multiflight and the training standard was very good. The IMC is taught by the PPL Instructors so can't comment on the standard but in general they seem a good bunch of people.