PDA

View Full Version : Florida Hour Building- Sunstate Aviation

jimbo jet set
3rd Apr 2005, 19:00
All,
just thought I'd relay to you my recent very positive experience at an outfit called Sunstate Aviation, based at Kissimmee.

The plan was for a mate and I to build some hours towards our commercial licences by hiring an aircraft from them and flying via the Gulf Coast all the way to Dallas and back.

The aircraft that they have are very impressive (all virtually brand new 172SP's and others, with all the mod cons like colour moving map GPS, 3 axia a/p etc etc), and they are all looked after impeccably. The best bit is that hired at the dry rate of $74.50 p/h, they work out at about £20 p/h based on two sharing- not to be sniffed at!!

The instructors are very thorough and competent, and the atmosphere very relaxed. The non instructional staff, Mike Camelin in particular, are very approachable and are there to help/have a laugh.

Sunstate is a very refreshing change from some schools who are clearly there to make money at the expense of other factors.

Well done guys- see you again soon!!

Jim:ok:

ronnie3585
4th Apr 2005, 18:55
Do you have a web link??

FLYbyWIT
4th Apr 2005, 19:28
By any stretch of the imagination do you think typing in "sunstate aviation kissimmee" in a google search engine might do it for ya:confused: http://www.sunstateaviation.com :confused:

ronnie3585
4th Apr 2005, 19:38
It would have been easier for me to type the schools name into a search engine.
However, I do enjoy the patronising and concieted replys that i was fully expecting.

FLYbyWIT
4th Apr 2005, 20:08
O yer more then welcome, it was nothing really- Honestly:p

Sensible
4th Apr 2005, 23:47
I'll second the recommendation for Sunstate Aviation, beenthere twice now. Nice new 172's and they let you take the aircraft away if you promise to fly it a minimum of 3 hrs a day. Don't know why they need autopilot, I don't know. If I'm paying to rent an aircraft then I'm as sure as hell going to fly it myself!

Flying out of Kissimee Gateway, it's really handy if you go and stay on a "My Travel" holiday because the hotels that "My Travel" (Airtours) use are located pretty close to Kissimmee so a holiday package works out convenient and remarkably cheap.