PDA

View Full Version : Euromanx RJ Arrival...

atprider
3rd Apr 2005, 16:23
Since the original thread re Euromanx information seems to be residing on page three with a pretty picture of homer simpson alongside ( is it he who is holding it down there despite the recent posts - perhaps the mods could advise?)

I can report that the said RJ has not yet arrived , but on good authority ( not taxi drivers etc. ) is expected this week to complete crew training at Ronaldsway.

In the meantime "Euro" manx is an apt description in view of the assortment of A/C currently operating for 3W:

Scot Air D328
Octavia(france) Embraer Brasilia
Titan BAe 146
Woodgate Jetstream 31
Farnair (switzerland) Atr 42
Atlantic Atr 42
& Denim FK50.

Hope standardisation arrives soon.

;)

skiddyiom
3rd Apr 2005, 18:19
The Scotair arrived did it? Hmmmmmmmmmmm, well, more fun for the spotters!

skiddy

Mark Lewis
3rd Apr 2005, 20:29
Lets hope things sort out quick. I was speaking to a couple trying to get to the IOM from BHD on Saturday, and were a bit bemused about the 3 hour delay considering the flight only lasted about quarter of an hour. Not entirely sure what time it went in the end, if it all?

Fried_Chicken
3rd Apr 2005, 20:35
EMX have also been using a Pa31 of Woodgate & the Metro of Atlantic

Fried Chicken

flyerz111
3rd Apr 2005, 21:34
Good to see this thread has taken off exactly where the other one ended, although let's hope it lasts a lot less time and Euromanx actually becomes an airline soon :)

The legacy of Euromanx's "ticket provider" era will be that they have proven how easy it is to set up a brand and start taking the public's money without officially being an airline and having gone through the due process of getting a licence, a model no doubt many like-minded wannabees will now seek to follow given the CAA's obvious lack of desire to do anything about it. And please don't retort with "easyjet did it with Ari Foyle" - there is a huge difference between leasing in anyone who has an available aircraft of any type and selling it as "Euromanx, a ticket provider for Rossair or Denim Air" and setting up a business with a clear objective, model and aircraft type as Easyjet did. I'm not knocking Euromanx - they have survived where many had them done for, but IOM passengers deserve better than this - hopefully with the arrival of the RJ's (eventually), they will get it.

The CAA have let this go too far to react now, as to do so would beg the question on why they didn't do it sooner. The Euromanx model is undoubtedly legal but certainly not in the spirit of whatever legislation it is based on. The precedent is now very clearly set.

Roll on the RJ's!!

Hansol
4th Apr 2005, 05:32
Anyone know if EM is ABTA bonded, like a travel agent ?

jem star
4th Apr 2005, 06:27
Hansol

Dont you mean ATHOL?

J S

skiddyiom
4th Apr 2005, 07:31
Have Euromanx cleared all their debts then? I was given to understand that was why they couldn't take delivery of the RJ on the island as it would be impounded due to non-payment of fees due to Rossair.

Mind you, with the amount of rumour flying around here, the reason could be anything.

Just hope they hurry up and get sorted. It would be nice to see them settled and the staff relatively secure in their jobs. And give proper competition to BA and Eastern - but not too much!!!:D

Have a fun Monday all

Skiddy

Ronaldsway Radar
4th Apr 2005, 12:24
Oh what a lovely day on the IoM!

RJ arriving soon, AoC aquired, nice aircraft for picture taking!

All falling into place now. And rightly deserved, well done Euromanx !!

Martyn

Hansol
4th Apr 2005, 12:55
Martyn - are you saying EM has an AOC? Don't believe it.

Lots of money flying around, no cash flow problems then, no problems getting fuel or paying leases, no problems paying bills, wonderful, wheel on the RJ's.

BTW could someone tell operations that a schedule is for sticking to, angry mob this morning trying to go to LCY but delayed for two hours, Friday night DUB-IOM pax held on the bus by the aircraft for 45 mins while the fuel truck arrived.

Still a lot to be learned about running an airline.

Radar -are you on something? falling it may be but not into place.

What's Thursday's big announcement, moving the airline to GWY?

LGW Vulture
4th Apr 2005, 13:08
A look at RR's profile might tell you a little about his enthusiasm!!! Anyway, getting the AoC will be peanuts in comparison to trying to fill the RJ with high yield pax day in day out !!! :uhoh:

Just hope that all those Employees at EM are well looked after.......although will not hold my breath.

jem star
4th Apr 2005, 13:59
Hansol,

Are you trynig to say airlines dont get delays or problems or god forbid the odd cancellation....I mean BACX would never cancel a flight due to a tiny bit of iom fog when eveyone else gets in and out ok?

Dont know what problem you have with euromanx, but as someone who is just about to start flying for them I find your whining unessessary and repetitve and very very boring.
Do me a favour and SHUT UP if you have nothing constructive to say.

Cheers

J S

PPRuNe Pop
4th Apr 2005, 14:13
We can get crafty in the art of moderating and we do - especially when the thread goes wildly off track or bad feeling gets in or, worse still, people get abusive.

Not necessarily any of the above but the previous thread was getting repetetive and boring and in these cases we exercise some editorial stance - as we see fit.

Someone has actually put his finger on it. Describing how the thread is still going but Euromanx isn't, not yet anyway. We get comments thrown at us about boring threads and not always from the forum itself. So..................if we sense that a thread is going no-where we can effectively start of new one. Or we can just close it and invite someone to start another. Get the picture?

We got a lot of rubbish posts from some who think they are adding to the debate but are only adding to its demise.

This thread, any thread, is only as good as the inputs you make. Thinking up 'little gems' you THINK are real give no life to a thread at all.

Think before you post is always a good starting point.

runawayedge
4th Apr 2005, 16:03
Hansol
Hear we go again......another 3W thread soured with your bitterness. What is it with you! Talking to taxi drivers again are we? Why is it always so personal? So it hasn't run to schedule....and...

Ronaldsway Radar
5th Apr 2005, 01:25
Morning

Hansol-
Yes I said EMX had an AoC as thats what I saw posted above, and nobody said they didnt up until your post. So if I am wrong my apologies.

Lets keep this civil I was only trying to lighten up the tension!!

RR

Hansol
5th Apr 2005, 07:06
Ronaldsway Radar, didn't think I was being uncivil.
I don't think anywhere on this forum has it been stated that EM has an AOC , there is lots of talk of them operating under somebody else's ie Austria. But I would be very interested if you could confirm an AOC with EM's name on it, and the country from which it was issued. If they do have one this could be the first sign that they are serious about becoming a real airline.
The last I heard the RJ's were Irish registered so perhaps its an Irish AOC, is it ?

Jem Star great to hear you are about to start flying for EM. Will you be flying a EM owned aircraft or as part of a lease in?

I hope the above are reasonable questions.

granddaddy
5th Apr 2005, 19:34
RR

Would that be the RJ that looks very much like a Titan 146-200,or the D328J that looks like an ATR(Farnair or Atlantic)or the DH8-3/2
looking awfully like a Metroliner/J31/ERJ120 or the SAAB in similar guise.
Read the new IOM Airports Info and timetable,it's a cracking work of fiction,better than any Harry Potter.Why,when they were submitting their programme,didn't 3W come clean and put EQV alongside all of their services.
I don't believe that they are doing themselves any good continually failing to deliver the goods.Even the most diehard Manxie must be disappointed by continually being addressed on board by some dubious accents!!

Any arrival now of an aircraft in 3W livery is surely too late.

PAXboy
5th Apr 2005, 21:03
Slight thread diversion: It looks as if I need to get to the Island from LPL in June, instead of my regular LTN. Are you indicating that 3W are not always reliable on schedule? I am not that bothered if it's EQV for such a short hop. However, I may be travelling on the last of the day and would be more than a little troubled by a cancellation. Obviously, there are always untoward happenings but is the route constantly experiencing delays?

What are Emerald like on the route? Do they run the ATP? Their web site does not give EQU details.

The last time I did this hop was in a Shorts Shed about 14 years ago, as I recall. Was that still Manx Airways?

Thanks.

Ronaldsway Radar
5th Apr 2005, 22:05
PAXboy-

Yeah would have been Manx.

Last few times I flew (passenger) Iom-LPL-Iom I used FlyJem. Never been delayed once, might just be my good luck!
Although, the prices for euromanx return trip to liverpool, are, very cheap....!
Reliability; or fare price;.......................up to you............
:D
RR

PAXboy
5th Apr 2005, 23:07
Thanks RR: Interestingly, looking online tonight at EuroManx and Emerald, for the same day, Emerald are cheaper and their schedule looks as it will be better suited to me. Sorry to verify, are they operating ATPs on that route? Possibly taken over from BACX when they shed the routes the did not want?

skiddyiom
6th Apr 2005, 06:34
Paxboy,

I'm flyinf Emerald in June and their price was considerably cheaper than Euromanx. What it's like now is anyones guess.

Yes, they use the ATP which seems to be fairly regular and suffer little delays.

Have a good trip

skiddy

PPRuNe Pop
6th Apr 2005, 07:08
jem star

See my PM.

PPP

Skott
6th Apr 2005, 08:40
I have seen that Euromanx are looking for DHC8 crews. As I am one I am very interested in what people feel about this company.

I am right now in another permanent position as First Officer on DHC8.

So I'm now wondering if I should quit my current job to join Euromanx.
Is Euromanx considered to be stable?
Well in short all info would be greatly appreciated.

Skottie

smith
6th Apr 2005, 19:58
Flew Euro Manx from Gla to IoM last Weds. On time in an Atlantic SAAB/Fairchild Metroliner. Actually took off and arrived ahead of schedule but was a bit sore on the ears.

Return flight on Friday again ahead of schedule on an Atlantic ATR42.

Capt. Horrendous
7th Apr 2005, 09:23
At least one of the local based pilots who has secured work with EM has just had his RJ course put back by two months.

RJ = Rumour Jet perhaps ??.

eurobitch
7th Apr 2005, 09:41
C H

sorry..wrong.

Think you will find we have type pilots on board and ready to go.
FACT

Regards

E B:)

CAP509castaway
7th Apr 2005, 10:35
E B ,
Calm down Calm down:D :D :D

saint alled
7th Apr 2005, 11:33
So then EB , when you've finished savaging poor defenceless captain Horry, perhaps you could explain why the foray to Galway today has been carried out not on the shiny red RJ, but on the Titan 146. Thus leaving the IOM - LCY pax to slum it on the ATR again !

robbo
7th Apr 2005, 18:58
Anyone know why Fliteline’s aircraft disappeared recently from the EM multinational ‘fleet’? Strange rumours around.
Perhaps you could help out on this one EB?

carltoncole
7th Apr 2005, 19:36
Eurob***h

You still don't have the RJ's yet
FACT
You do not have any a/c of your own
FACT
You are a ticketing agent for Denim Air
FACT
You do not have a British AOC
FACT
You didn't read Capt. H's post correctly
FACT ( because he stated "At least one of the local based pilots who has secured work with EM has just had his RJ course put back by two months", not "Euromanx don't have any RJ pilots" )

I have to say, the picture on your website makes me laugh. A much more realistic picture would have:
2 denim air fokker 50's
2 atr's ( various from air atlantique, one from Farnair )
1 Metroliner
2 Jetstreams ( 1 from Woodgate, 1 from Highland Airways)
Various BAE 146's from Titan
1 BAE 146 from Flightline

and the wording should be, "Fly with a different airline everytime you book Euromanx"

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see Euromanx succeed but you'd have done alot worse than ( well, you probably have actually ) buy two Shorts 360's and flown to and from LPL, just like Manx Airlines all those years ago! It's time to cut the crap and come clean to the residents of the IOM about who you are and what you do!

C.C

fragul
7th Apr 2005, 20:31
Just slightly off topic.
I hope that as & when the RJ's Dash 8's etc come on line, the "ops" dept in Euromanx will exhibit a little more imagination in terms of flight planning safety than the current regime under Denim ( that is when they can actually get any flight plans filed for the correct time/ type / destination).

I refer to the ridiculous & very unsafe practice of planning every departure with "0x" at the end. On several occasions throughout the day ATC are presented with for example Denim 101, 401, 701, 601, 801, 901 and so on - mixed in with the other operators 301 (x2) 321 etc it is an incident waiting to happen.
This especially coupled with the varying leased in crews unfamiliarity with the using Denim RTF callsign to begin with.

Just a little thought for the future - how about 171, 461, 611 etc Hmmm ?

flyerz111
8th Apr 2005, 01:46
I certainly hope their AOC appears very quickly as their new look website no longer states they are a ticket provider for Denim Air and is therefore misleading - it just has a link to "Denim Air Terms and Conditions" but nothing to say what this has to do with Euromanx or that they are ticket providing for Denim Air. Just watch it change asap!

Well, it all has to start to fall into place in the next week, ready for Galway on the 18th - fingers crossed - or will we see weight-restricted Flightline 146's flying out of Galway to City and lots of egg on face? I really hope not.

tick, tock, tick, tock,

Cyrano
8th Apr 2005, 07:15
Website seems to be working, but some problem with the schedules page here (http://www.euromanx.com/schedules/index.php?destination=IOM) - unless my browser is at fault. It seems to be showing all flights twice, e.g. the IOM-BHD tale actually lists both the IOM-BHD and BHD-IOM flights, so there appear to be twice as many services as there really are.

saint alled
8th Apr 2005, 08:14
Website is down so that EQV can be inserted into each a/c type column:E :E

Ronaldsway Radar
8th Apr 2005, 11:52
Afternoon all!

Just visited the euromanx website, it looks brilliant!! :D

Nice destination map and layout.
:ok:
Maybe a beginning of new things to come? Lets hope so.

RR

Hansol
8th Apr 2005, 12:29
New front page and route map isn't interactive but hey its an improvement. Still showing as a ticketing agent for Denim.

So what? PPP

PPRuNe Pop
8th Apr 2005, 12:34
OK. One more time!

Some of you seem to be taking great pleasure in sniping at EuroManx. saint alled was the last one with his childish EQV snipe. One even TOLD everyone that EM were in administration! A VERY dangerous statement and could have led to problems for so many people - fortunately I saw it in time - before I had a complaint from someone who flies for them.

So, here's the deal. You either enter this thread with something TRUE and FACTUAL to say, or don't take any part in it at all.

Unless their is a REAL and not imagined problem keep your childish quips and snipes to yourself. The airline has a right to do whatever it sees fit.

This forum is suffering enough from people who should know better. Some are children, in which case they need to grow up fast or they will take no further part in this thread.

And think on this too. PPRuNe does not need or want any action being taken against it because of ill considered and way out remarks.

One strike and you are out - whoever you are.

saint alled
8th Apr 2005, 13:18
Pop

I am sorry if I have caused you offence. The "EQV" remark was meant as a witty aside which is obviously not the manner in which you have taken it.

I would however back up albeit tongue in cheek remark with hard fact:

A timetable was issued by mail to all residents of the Isle of Man a matter of days ago, which contained Euromanx's intended schedules for the period 28th March to 31st October 2005; in that document, 4 aircraft types are listed on 3W's services, being RJ70, D328, DH3 and D328J.
I can inform you that at that no services yesterday or today have been operated by these types .

I for one would like nothing more than to see Euromanx flourish flying their own aircraft on a stable sustainable basis & serving the Isle of Man's best interests, but I am also fed up with the continuing broken promises & inaccurate information coming from the company.
The RJ70's were originally announced to arrive before Christmas 2004, and have been the subject of at least two press releases since announcing their arrival within days.

Pop, I do accept that you have a thankless task as moderator of this board which could land the whole Pprune concept in hot water if something libellous were allowed to pass through, however I would question your motive in disallowing rumour to circulate, especially when the company itself perpetuates such rumour by making regular fictitious announcements.

Returning to the original topoc of the post - "EQV"
I applaud the new website design, extremely smart. I do however note that all reference to aircraft type has been removed on the timetable. Maybe this speaks volumes more than my words.

PPRuNe Pop
8th Apr 2005, 13:55
I do not normally respond on the forum but I will make this one quick exception. For everyone to see. Btw, you haven't caused me offence but you have offended the principals of PPRuNe and that is when mods intervene.

Rumour is, of course, part of the PPRuNe concept. Agree with that.

However, what Euromanx operate is their affair. How they do it is their affair. If they change a/c it is their affair. If they alter or change the website and other info it is their affair. They say that it is be subject to change. That's it. What they do or offer is always subject to change - all airlines work that way. What is on their website is up to them and they can expect comment, fair comment, if it is wrong. NOT abuse and nah nah's.

I will sit back and watch! ;)

PPP

skiddyiom
8th Apr 2005, 21:26
Well, I am afraid I have to side with Sant Alled on this one.

The Isle of Man has been subject to some incredible advertising on behalf of Euromanx re their "planned" fleet and so far, have seen nothing. This is a rumour site, and as such, accepts that things aren't always as they seem. But, when an airline blatantly advertises something which they cannot possibly deliver then surely it is time to question their motives and indeed their capabilities.

As an airline employee on the Isle of Man I have seen Euromanx's operation first hand and although they are coping, I would say that is all they are doing.

It not only worries the other airlines using the rock, but it also worries joe public who is increasingly sceptical of Euromanx's capabilities of delivering the products they advertise.

I earnestly hope they succeed in whatever it is they are trying to do. God knows the Island could do with a strong, stable provider of air transport. What it doesn't need is a cowboy outfit, which, unfortunately, is what Euromanx is increasingly seen as.

I hope that the promised RJ's arrive soon. I am given to understand that all the mods that needed doing have been done and that their arrival is more imminent than has been.

While, as a keen photographer and "spotter" I enjoy the variety Euromanx have provided over the last couple of years, the sooner they standardise and settle down the better it will be for everyone - if boring for me!

Cheers

skiddy

CaptainFillosan
8th Apr 2005, 22:09
I have been in this business for some time, actually a very long time. I have long since realised that spotters and enthusiasts have a little too much imagination and not enough grass root knowledge of the airline industry. It is a complex industry and takes a lot of money and good people to make an airline work. I think too many of you are jumping to too many wrong conclusions.

I am certain there is much going on in the background, there always is, and I am equally sure that EuroManx will perform as expected when all the pieces (not misplaced by them) are in place.

Remember, a little knowledge is a danergous thing.

Whispering Giant
9th Apr 2005, 07:43
Two of Euromanx's RJ's are sat here on the Flybe engineering ramp at Exeter in full Euromanx colour's and irish registered - they've been sat here for the over a month with not a lot happening to them...
One wonder's if they ever will be delivered......

W.G

Soddit
9th Apr 2005, 07:51
Whispering Giant

Now that is strange.According to impeccable information in my possession EI - CPK departed Nottingham ( East Midlands) airport at 1417 on 18th March and arrived at Exeter an hour later having been delivered to Nottingham East Midlands on 8th March at 1710 for painting in Euromanx colours.My sources suggest that the sojourn in Exeter may not be for much longer.

Hansol
9th Apr 2005, 11:39
The real problem with EM is one of PR, they made promises that they could not deliver, I agree this is a complex business and managing your customers expectations is one of the more complex areas.

The broken promises are a fact but everyone on the Island still wants them to succeed.

The worse thing that could happen now would be for the RJ's promised for the IOM to be used exclusively on the GWY routes, many who have given strong support over the last few months would feel betrayed.

EM is a great opportunity for its new owner, but the travelling public need to be treated with respect especially on such a small Island where secrets are few.

flyerz111
10th Apr 2005, 10:43
I notice the map says Galway to Paris will be via IOM whilst the schedules say nothing about Paris and the press release says it will be direct from Galway. So it looks like we are about to see an announcement of Galway to Isle of Man and Galway to Paris, and ditto for Vienna and Dusseldorf, both to be served out of Southampton.

Ambitious but ultimately deliverable if they get themselves sorted. Good luck to all involved - like most on this site (and the IOM), I really hope it works out for them.

atprider
10th Apr 2005, 12:33
Yes, puzzling indeed . The new map on the website shows a Galway - Isle of man link, yet no mention of it in the schedules.

Even more strange, if you hover over Paris on the map , it does indeed say "Galway to Paris via Isle of Man" .

When does the Isle of Man to Paris schedule start ?

airhumberside
10th Apr 2005, 13:04
The route map also shows Eindhoven but its not in the destination list

robbo
10th Apr 2005, 21:33
An interesting, if rather disturbing, conversation with ATC happened this morning. Not for the first time, a Denim Air pilot (a Euromanx Liverpool flight) was informed by ATC that no flight plan had been submitted by his company. The pilot then asked a rather bemused ATC whether he could depart as a pleasure flight (without submitting a flight plan), and then divert to Liverpool. His request was accepted.
Worrying!

learner001
11th Apr 2005, 01:50
robbo,

What happened to your sense of humour . . . ?

rgds, learner . . . ;)

3legs
11th Apr 2005, 15:49
I dont want to waffle on too much on this well debaited subject. As mentioned there has been a lot of media attention regarding the RJ. Manx Radio and the local papers have been running stories as early as November last year. The first jet was supposed to be here in Jan to take on the LCY route with the second arriving in march i think for the MAN route.

One of my friends has trained as CC and been sat on the ground for the past two months since passing exams. Hope the waiting for the crews to start working doesnt go on much longer.

I too hope that euromanx makes a sucessful go of it and keeps on flying the flag for the IOM and maybe even a job for me!! :ok:

granddaddy
13th Apr 2005, 20:44
Today was supposed to be the day,but it came as no surprise that no RJ appeared.
Looks increasingly likely that GWY will see the RJ first.Word is from Denim guys that they could be here until June!!Farnair could be the same.
I think that the best use for the camera is to go and take pictures of RJ crews' gardens,they must be truly stunning by now.

Euromanx's web page has 3 RJ's in simulated line-up,could this be part of tomorrows announcement??

Saw 2 BA 146's at Ronaldsway the other day,any significance!!

best to all.

Capt. Horrendous
14th Apr 2005, 11:54
Eurobitch, thankyou for you earlier reply.

You are incorrect. At least one pilot, who used to fly a Navajo, who has been accepted by EM to fly the RJ as a F/O, has had his course delayed by two months. EMs publicity surrounding the arrival of these aircraft can best be described as erroneous.

The speciousness (http://www.m-w.com/cgi-bin/dictionary?book=Dictionary&va=specious&x=18&y=17) of the whole setup is breathtaking.

revik
14th Apr 2005, 14:13
granddaddy

Please feel free to pop around tho' there's not much in the garden to see as yet. However, the grass will need cutting by the weekend if you have nothing else planned.

Capt H

PM me if you want the current, factual sitch. :D

FlyboyUK
14th Apr 2005, 16:00
grandaddy

The BACX 146's/RJ100's are maintained in the BACX hangar on the IOM, so I doubt any signifcance.:ok:

3legs
14th Apr 2005, 16:55
Just heard announcment on Manx Radio that EuroManx are opening a route to Paris CDG and you've guessed it they are going to be operating the promised RJ...... EM said that they were expecting delivery anyday now. Lets hope the Jet turns up so the crews can get out of the garden!!:D

True Manxman
14th Apr 2005, 17:07
1st RJ now allegedley arriving Friday 15th April between 12 and 1600, nobody specified which April though. :D

carltoncole
14th Apr 2005, 17:36
If its anything like the 82 seat "RJ" doing the Manchester Route then it'll actually be a 18 seat Loveair Jetstream 31! Or perhaps it'll be the "RJ" doing the London City route, in which case Air Atlantiques ATR 42 unless your lucky and get the Flightline or Titan 146 :ok:

Heard a rumour that Euromanx have employed some ex Manx Airlines ops guys and that at long last flight planning and related messaging is starting to be done by their ops department and not poor old Ronaldsway ATC, it's only taken them over two years!!! :sad:

granddaddy
14th Apr 2005, 18:08
Flew back onto IOM today,BACX from MAN,fairly full BACX-8,no sign of 3W-8 or RJ at MAN!!

Apparently from tomorrow you will need a gardener as RJ is scheduled to arrive,is that 4 months behind schedule?
Anyway after a weeks C/T its off to GWY to operate GWY-IOM-LCY,EI reg.RJ on Austrian AOC,majic!!

Looks as though someone may have led those poor GWY folk up the garden path with tales of direct flights GWY-LCY!!

I can recommend a good gardener.

Capt. Horrendous
14th Apr 2005, 18:34
Pprune Pop.

The mods on Pprune do a great job, of that there is no doubt. Their integrity is normally unchallenged. Their inpartiallity should go without saying.

There has been nothing untoward in the posts on this thread, nothing slanderous or nasty, or, unusually for pprune, nothing without foundation.

The RJs were supposed to arrive months ago, and as yet aren't here - you promise and fail to deliver, expect some flack.

Also, persons within the EM organisation have used these boards to criticise the competition, such as Emerald with wild stories about safety and financial security, with little or no moderation.

Why the moderator inputs now ??.

saint alled
14th Apr 2005, 19:25
I watch on with interest.

Please note for those easily offended that the following words constitute a question, not a "cheap snipe"

Given that we are 4 days from the start of the Galway schedules, have Euromanx enough RJ rated crew available to man 2 RJ70's ( 1 GWY based, 1 IOM based) for full days ops presumably meaning at least 3 crews at each base ?????? (<- question marks).

PPRuNe Pop
14th Apr 2005, 20:06
Capt H.

"There has been nothing untoward in the posts on this thread, nothing slanderous or nasty, or, unusually for pprune, nothing without foundation."

Actually if you care to look back there has been a few mod interventions and some you don't see! The last thread was allowed to die because posters were just happy to make snide remarks, sniping and yes, some abuse. That is why we step in.

In this current thread the same thing has been showing the same trend again, not so wildly but it is happening, and it is our job to ensure that the topic is kept from running off the track.

Euromanx do have a few problems but they working hard to avoid the slippage.

PPRuNe does not hold any candles for them but we will not stand by and let them, or any other airline, organisation, person or persons be villified by half truths, guesses and snipes. There are good people in EM I am sure and they have a right to do the best they can in whatever circumstances they are given.

Right now I expect they could do with a bit of support for a change. Be careful when you do your sums - two and two still make 4!

granddaddy
14th Apr 2005, 20:41
Scanning PSO threads,EIDW Spotter,says 3W have got hands on 3 x 146-200 in addition to RJ's.

Can only hope that they are not 3 of the aged BAcitiexpress fleet,that are on offer to the unsuspecting.:confused: :confused:

carltoncole
15th Apr 2005, 01:26
Can anyone tell me who uses the callsign suffix ULL, as i'm informed that this is the callsign Euromanx will be using soon!

euromanxdude
15th Apr 2005, 10:47
Heya dudes.

At the end of the day we are all collegues - except we wear different uniforms, fly in planes with different liveries, fly to different destinations - but hey yu get me drift.

But at the end of the day if euromanx didnt exist, you would you be able to share rumours with??

P.S carltoncole: - dude the atr isnt that bad fella.;) :)

neidin
15th Apr 2005, 11:35
Well - I am all set - booked for the first Euromanx flight on Monday ex GWY which I am sure will be on a shiny new RJ. A bargain at EURO399 I would say to LCY. Lots of press will cover it and I believe two pals from IAA and some of the new investors will be there as well. Should be a great day for Euromanx. Will report on Monday when I get to LCY on the RJ.

True Manxman
15th Apr 2005, 13:47
my sources have been sacked, no RJ arrival at IOM today :{ informed POSSIBLY tomorrow :hmm:

Hey there
15th Apr 2005, 14:50
Probably irrelevant but I believe Euromanx's Jetstream operated into Galway this afternoon.

euroman
15th Apr 2005, 14:57
Well they could have a master plan of the J31 from Galway to IOM and then off loaded pax and then onto the Flight Line 146 to the City, just a guess.

carltoncole
15th Apr 2005, 15:50
So yet again Euromanx promise one thing and deliver another

Jamesair
15th Apr 2005, 16:21
I was very pleased to see a commercial on ITV last night for the new Euromanx LCY - Waterford service.

That should help public awareness of both the company and the new route.

Soddit
15th Apr 2005, 17:07
Now then.I'd guess there to be a few sporting characters on this thread so - what odds for the Monday morning departure out of Galway to London City being on either EI-CPJ or EI-CPK?Lots of you clearly know everything that's been going on for the last four or five months - the inside track indeed.So - how about it::p

carltoncole
15th Apr 2005, 17:25
More likely to be Reg GZAP-, one of flightlines 146's

Or perhaps as most of the jet services promised by euromanx ( MAN for example ) are done on Jetstreams be ready for a long slog on a JS31 :sad:

San Expiry
15th Apr 2005, 18:41
cc

Are you naturally so cynical or do you practise? Would you care to share with us the precise weight of the chip on your shoulder? Just what is driving you to make jibes at the Euro's efforts on daily basis. And don't plead that you are standing up for the silent, long suffering people of the Isle of Man. Come on - let us in on your secret.:ok:

granddaddy
15th Apr 2005, 20:00
Here we are again,another friday and no RJ's on fraggle rock.
Sources tell me that the culprits are still sitting outside Flybe sheds in EXT.With little or no action evident,possibly still problems with 'paperwork'

Major problems for 3W today due to "Operational"reasons for which read shortage of hulls or crews or both.

Maybe revik can get his grass mown afer all.G-ZAP something looking most likely to operate from GWY on monday,J31 to IOM could also be on the cards.

Whispering Giant
16th Apr 2005, 06:51
Well it's Saturday and indeed both EI-CPJ and CPK are both sat outside the Flybe hanger's at Exeter with nothing going on with them - mind you they have been busy this week, spending there time being towed all around the airport this week.....
Rumour has it that Flybe are still awaiting payment for the work done on the a/c before they release them.

brgds
W.G

atprider
16th Apr 2005, 09:32
Yes, thats the Euromanx fleet today folks!

Still, at least the IOM LCY passengers get to go on Charles Kennedy's campaign plane while he's at home changing the nappies!!

STANDTO
16th Apr 2005, 10:59
They are now advertising CDG direct from 27 May. Denim air still on the stand as of thu night when I got in from MAN.

Somebody needs to make a staement methinks. I will not now fly with them, and was happy to pay twice the price to go with BACE

eurobitch
16th Apr 2005, 11:30
Hey boys and gals,

Get your cameras out folks and pick your chins up off the floor!

todays the day when your statment will be a very pretty baby on the apron! (ronaldsway)

lots a love

E B :) xx

eurobitch
16th Apr 2005, 13:32
bout 4.30pm guys,

get you goggles out and spot on the apron!

Hope not too many of you lost money on the bet!! he he lol!

love as always

E B XX

:)

granddaddy
16th Apr 2005, 17:02
Pity I missed the big occaision,assuming that it has happened.
Wonder if all the bills have been paid(WG).

I'll have to wait another day or so to witness to event,still after four months another day or two won't matter.

runawayedge
16th Apr 2005, 20:14
Well granddaddy I trust by your comments that you've set up a very successful airline in the past, been through all the trials and tribulations, and have come out the other end and now operate without any delays technical problems, unhappy passengers....... What's it called? 'Air Eutopia' possibly.......well it should be 'I'm a cynic get me out of here'. Your rantings about 3W along with a few others have become boring. They are a new airline with employees, who do have feelings, trying to get established, give them a chance, yes they have had public difficulties, but it would appear they will have their own aircraft with their own AOC operating very shortly. In the meantime why don't you go and get yourself a REAL life.

atprider
16th Apr 2005, 20:41
Well, did it arrive ???

carltoncole
16th Apr 2005, 20:45
EB

And for a second there I almost beleived you, but thanks, Euromanx again win me a bet

quote: "todays the day when your statment will be a very pretty baby on the apron! (ronaldsway)"

hoho, think you'll find thats exeter love,

Runwayedge, it's not that we don't like them, it's the spin doctoring, PR attempts and general rubbish that comes from Euromanx management and the fact that the manx press beleive them every time that gets our backs up! I can remember when BACX took over Manx, the amount of abuse they got from the manx people and press and how EMX gloated, rubbed it in, told everyone they were a manx airline ( but who was it that employed manx pilots and still do? ) and generally did everything they could to belittle them. So, infact, yeah, i suppose we don't like the management but there are some good, honest, hardworking guys and gals at EMX but unfortunately, non of them actually run the airline ( ticketing agent ), they just work for them

learner001
16th Apr 2005, 23:14
Feel really sorry for some of you out there . . .

Simply getting a kick out of: 'things not going the way it should . . .' (. . . right away that is . . .) for some operator and anonymously kicking them (down) anyway you can . . .

You're really making fools of yourselves . . .

Grown up people . . . ?

Why don't be all happy together . . . ?

But that is probably whisfull thinking and perhaps why we live in this world full of wars and sorrow after all . . .

rgds, learner . . . ;)

Whispering Giant
17th Apr 2005, 07:00
Well it's Sunday and EI-CPJ and CPK are both still sat outside Flybe engineering at Exeter...

atprider
17th Apr 2005, 08:23
WG - I hear a rumour that one of the RJ's actually got airborne yesterday and diverted back. If true which one ?

airportioman
17th Apr 2005, 08:26
My condolences to the poor soul from Flight Despatch who was dragged out of bed to meet the arrival of the RJ at 0700 on Sunday morning..............

True Manxman
17th Apr 2005, 10:52
Atprider, one did get airborne, dont know which, and returned to EXT with a tech fault. Apparently now planned in IOM for 1300 today, then word has it, its off to Galway.

TM :ok:

True Manxman
17th Apr 2005, 11:55
The title of the thread is now accurate, Euromanx RJ Arrival. EI - CPJ Touched down at IOM at 1254. Actually looks quite impressive. :D :D :D :D

skiddyiom
17th Apr 2005, 11:55
Euromanx RJ, don't know which one, just flew over my house on it's way into IOM. About time too!

Could have picked a nicer day, but at least it got here.

Just in time for G-MIMA's photshoot too!

Skiddy

Whispering Giant
17th Apr 2005, 11:56
At last movement - one of the RJ's finally left Exeter at 1107z for the IOM - Looks like thing's might be starting to happen at last for Euromanx...
Not sure which one it was

W.G

granddaddy
17th Apr 2005, 12:41
Yes I have been involved in a couple of start-ups,both of which were run smoothly & professionally,by people who knew what they were doing.
True there may be some good folks at Euromanx,but it is patently obvious that they have been let down in many ways by some who are not.
Now that they have got the tools let us see if they can get on quietly and professionally,and let others do the same.

neidin
17th Apr 2005, 13:02
Seems Euromanx are getting quite a bit of funny press coverage around their Galway launch.

Sunday Times - journo Dalby usually reliable on Irish Av matters.
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,2095-1572157,00.html

and verry funny Guardian article.
http://observer.guardian.co.uk/travel/story/0,6903,1461411,00.html

Lots of rumours in Galway that the Malaga and Paris flights have been cut and been replaced by flights to IOM with no direct flights to Europe ex GWY. Seems sensible. Wonder will the LCY flights operate GWY-IOM-LCY?

skiddyiom
17th Apr 2005, 13:07
The aircraft is finally here and I have managed to get a picture to prove it, albeit in the pouring rain. Just a shame I can't post it here.

Nice to see it and the scheme looks good. Lets hope all the worry about Euromanx now fades away and they manage to get on with their new routes without any more hassle.

Skiddy

carltoncole
17th Apr 2005, 13:39
Quote: “It is a complicated thing that I don’t want to get into but we do have a licence and we have been approved to operate by the Irish aviation authorities,” said Seamus Byrne, the company’s sales and marketing director

Makes you wonder why doesn't it?

CaptainFillosan
17th Apr 2005, 15:58
Perhaps all the knockers, doubters, diggers, cynics and people like carltoncole, who clearly took great delight in bashing anyone and everyone in EMX, will now realise that there must have been problems. But now the management can get the airline running. It is NOT and easy task. At least stop bashing the staff and the airline. Give 'em a break.

Smart a***'s can now take a rest. :8 :8

PPRuNe Pop
17th Apr 2005, 16:11
There will no more threads on Euromanx. This is the only one, which is why I have merged another thread starter with this thread. We don't allow multiple threads.

PPP

atprider
17th Apr 2005, 17:55
From the Irish times article:

The Isle of Man-based company is using an EU loophole whereby “virtual” carriers can operate under another airline’s licence. Euromanx is believed to be licensed by Denimair, an Austrian concern. This tactic avoids some onerous regulations that stipulate among other things that anybody setting up an airline must prove to the satisfaction of the relevant national authority that it has six months’ operating cash to compensate passengers in the event that the venture does not get off the ground.

Surely Denim Air is a Netherlands registered company operating on a dutch AOC ?

Oh and congrats to Euromanx on getting RJ70 EICPJ to the IOM - but will it be off to Galway before the day is out leaving the Island to wait for the next one ?

flyerz111
17th Apr 2005, 18:19
Well done. What country the aircraft or airline is registered in is irrelevant - at least Euromanx will be an AOC-holding airline issuing tickets for itself. Good luck to all involved.

One question - can anyone make sense of the quote in the Times regarding the fact that the Galway - Paris service will actually operate via IOM (although http://www.euromanx.com/news/ still says it is direct):

“... passengers going to Paris have all been informed about the stop — it’s a Gaelic thing and the west of Ireland is Gaelic-speaking,” said Byrne.

I, for one, am totally baffled - whatever about the fact that only small pockes of the west of Ireland are actually "Gaelic speaking", what exactly is "a Gaelic thing"?

fragul
18th Apr 2005, 05:26
Well, as predicted by others earlier in the thread, the Red & white plane with the three legs on the tail has indeed gone to Galway......

So I'd be interested in an inside opinion on Euromanx's maxim "The Island's Airline".

I asked members of Euromanx staff weeks ago before the arrival of the first jet and was assured that priority would be given to pressing the first RJ into operation on the IOM services.

I have the utmost sympathy with these people who work very hard with I'm sure little thanks, but it would seem that the desisions made at high level are not being made in the best interests of the Isle of Man.

On a lighter not though, another good day for spotters - a JetX Iceland MD82 operating for 3W.

manxbudgie
18th Apr 2005, 09:59
It was nice for everyone concerned that EM's plane finally arrived on the rock perhaps Shamus Byrne should learn from his experience that its not always good to be over confident about what you are capable of then in future perhaps him and the staff who are on the front desks won't take so much stick. Good luck to all the front of house staff not only for EM but for the other handlers on the IOM they all are part of one big team who remember, shamus, help each other out at the times of delays and cancellations. Lets face it EM need BA at times same as BA need them (not so much) . Lets stop running each other giving the passengers an airport staff that they can praise.

eurobitch
18th Apr 2005, 11:09
Manx Budgie,

Shamus is actually spelt Seamus! And it is my opinion that he does his job really well.
Bet you couldnt do what he has achieved.

EB

atprider
18th Apr 2005, 11:23
EB

Nice to see you on correcting our spellin,

Any comment on the earlier post re "the Ireland's oops.......... I mean Island's airline"

Did you get a snap of the RJ as it passed through, blink & you'd have missed it. Still I do applaud the chartering of an MD82 to keep things moving.

My sources tell me £17,000 a day is roughly the going rate. Can we expect this level of service until the second RJ arrives ?

Hansol
18th Apr 2005, 12:35
Real mess first thing this morning, Southampton late, Dublin and Befast combined ! Knock on effect through the whole day.

manxbudgie
18th Apr 2005, 13:14
eurobitch

Sorry I spelt your bosses name wrong, take it from your thread that you must work for Euromanx. I am sure he does a brilliant job, its just a shame that he uses the local papers to boost up an airline that really has not performed on its own right, advertising itself as the Islands airline was really a dangerous thing to do until the routes, the airline were established enough to take the flack when things werent happening on time. When are EM going to get it into there heads that there will never be another Manx Airlines and as the Isle of Man is not even in Europe an airline calling itself Euro Manx does itself no favours with true manx people. The staff you have on your front desk (no longer EuroManx but a handling agent) do a brilliant job trying to pacify passengers who continually have the Islands favorite airline rammed down their throats on mornings such as this morning - delays delays delays.

Oh by the way good name - Euro Bitch sums it all up

San Expiry
18th Apr 2005, 13:30
Complete agreement with fragul.

The Euro's need to get its home base sorted before venturing off to the west coast of Ireland. I can only think that there must be a greater financial draw or incentive there; why else start services and attempt to start a base at such short notice in the relative middle of nowhere? Perhaps the new owners' knowlege of European geography is not up to scratch. And the Euro's have been quite happy to wet lease all and sundry for services on the Island so what is so important that after a couple of days showing the livery in Galway that a lease cannot be operated there (its only 2 flights a day which can hardly be ecomical use of the Avro aircraft) and the Avro return to the Island to start the services it has been extensively publicised for.

Euromanx needs to start rebuilding bridges with its 'home' market and a based aircraft would be a start. Well done on getting the long awaited Avro flying but to give Galway priority is a kick in the teeth for the Manx passengers.

Out of interest, what has the MD been used for - certainly not LCY!:}

MarkD
18th Apr 2005, 13:35
I suspect 3W's love for Ireland centres on the possibility of PSO money. If that evaporates I suspect the RJ will have a sudden change in priorities...

eurobitch
18th Apr 2005, 13:38
When you lot gonna give up slating Euromanx?
We are the largest carrier on the island based on pax figures....perfect we aint yet but trust me all that should be sorted when we have the full new fleet on line.
You have a right to an opinion just like I have and quite frankly I really dont care what you think.
At least with Euromanx flights delayed, unlike other carriers who just cancel.

Glad you got a sense of humour about my name budgie!

E B

San Expiry
18th Apr 2005, 13:52
PSO? Is this Irish or EU subsidy for a route?

manxbudgie
18th Apr 2005, 13:57
EuroBitch

Glad you can see the humour in my reply. We all need a good sense of humour working in this industry especially when we are on a rock in the middle of the sea!!!!

I think the answer to your question about when people are going to stop slating EM is when they stop slating the oposition.

I also take it from your last remark that EM never cancel flights - I don't think so - proves my point about not slating the other airlines doesnt it.

Keep up the good job EB you are one in a million!!!!!

eurobitch
18th Apr 2005, 14:12
M B

We dont generally cancel as many flights as one of our opposition. Like I said before we aint perfect yet, were growing rapidly and as with any growing company there will be a few glitches along the way.
At least hansol will stop banging on about us not being an airline just a ticketing agent!! he he

keep smilin
E B

manxbudgie
18th Apr 2005, 14:20
EB

Just remember you are not the only relativley new company at the airport and we all need each others support.
No one likes cancellations especially the front of house staff who generally take all the flack while the bosses stay in the background.
I think all the front of house staff no matter who they work for do a brilliant job in times of stress and they all deserve a big pat on the back no matter what uniform they wear.
Operations departments in all airlines have to make some strange decisions but it is the guys at the front who have to cover the good and the bad decisions lets all pull together for a better airport

Keep up the good work EB

elgan
18th Apr 2005, 18:34
Just to add to the thread, a JetX MD82 TF-JXB operated MAN flights yesturday! What the :mad:
Also does anybody have "ANY" idea what should be running on the LPL sector by August?
Or am i pushing my luck a but there :rolleyes:

skiddyiom
18th Apr 2005, 18:45
Well, I for one was disappointed to see the RJ had disappeared to foreign climes this morning. I'm just glad I took a (wet) pic of it yesterday.

I do believe EB when she (he?) says that when they are fully up and running things will be better. But like most here, wonder just when that will be. No one can predict much in this business, but to be constantly told "things will get better" makes EM sound like Tony Blair on speed.

As for cancellations, I have to say that when certain other airlines cancel, they are able to run replacement aircraft, something EM doesn't seem to be able to do yet. Perhaps when their fleet is in place......

It does seem a popular pastime at the airport to run EM down. In fact several of the people I work with would love to see them go down the pan. I just hope that EB is right and very soon they can show all these doubters that they CAN run an airline with their own aircraft efficiently and professionally.

Anyway, thanks for the MD-80 and lets have the next RJ soon.

skiddy

MarkD
18th Apr 2005, 19:28
San ex

Euromanx have applied for one of the Public Service Obligation routes (probably Galway Dublin) which is subsidised and a monopoly.

saint alled
18th Apr 2005, 20:10
Eurobitch

I presume you are not very high in the hierarchy at Euromanx, or you may have been more careful with your words.

However as you are the closest we have on Pprune to a spokesperson, two statements in your recent post do not auger well for the Isle of Man residents.

We are the largest carrier on the island based on pax figures

and

You have a right to an opinion just like I have and quite frankly I really dont care what you think.

seem to reveal much about your (and your company's?) attitude to the travelling public.

I remind you that since this time yesterday at least 2 of your return flights (ie 4 sectors)have been cancelled that I know of (there may be more) so to accuse others of this is not wise.

Ed666
18th Apr 2005, 20:30
Looks like the first GWL-LCY flight tonight got off to a good start with a cancellation.

Supposedly the flight tookoff then had to return due tech fault

I guess 1 or 2 (literally) annoyed passengers!

atprider
18th Apr 2005, 21:18
Oh dear !!!!!

Just like its dep from EXT to IOM on saturday

aaand

IOM to GWY on sunday.........

Happy times!

smiert spionom
18th Apr 2005, 23:24
If I may add; Euromanx cancelled their new route Galway-London city this evening on their first day operating this route......

The flight tomorrow morning has been delayed as well...

Smiert spionom.

manxbudgie
19th Apr 2005, 07:56
EB

When are u going to learn - shouting about not cancelling flights is not a good thing to do - it just gives people amunition to have a go.

Its a shame that you take so much stick but you do leave yourself wide open to criticism

Oh and the passenger figures its not the figures that count but the service and if you can't give a good service it won't be long before the figures mean nothing.
How long before routes start being dropped not long I fear, EM cannot survive on their press propoganda for long if they can't deliver what the Island keep being promised, no matter how good SEAMUS (got it right) is at PR , after all the bills have to be paid for the prestige of having all those offices and that sign saying "Irelands favorite (OH sorry)Islands favorite airline"

eurobitch
19th Apr 2005, 08:59
Elagan

Most prob a dash

Skiddy

Heard a rumour that might pleasa you, but not saying anything as A) not leaving myself wide open and B) would spoil the surprise if its true......will keep my fingers croosed for you!

s a

no your right i aint management and when I said I didnt care I was refering to constant sniping from the likes of hansol/gimima or wat ever DC calls himself these days.
There is alot of critisizm on here that is justified but said and done in a professional manor, there is a difference.(And yes im guilty of that too....but in defence of a company I love)

m b

He he... at least you gotta sence of humour! I guess I put a massive jinx on euromanx yesterday.....best keep my mouth shut in future eh!
Seriously though probs are being sorted and I for one will be glad when everything in place. Unfortunately it takes time to train pilots, livery, and not forgetting all the dots, t's and crosses on the paperwork.
You will all be pleasantly surprised soon enough.....maybee then you will wish us well and appreciate all the hard work that everyone at euromanx puts in.

Take this as my contribution to a truce, but Im sure there will be a few of you out there who will through that right back in my face too.......

E B

elgan
19th Apr 2005, 09:22
eurobitch, it was deffo an MD82 ;)

eurobitch
19th Apr 2005, 10:08
elgan

know it was i was refering to what will be operating in August

elgan
19th Apr 2005, 10:41
LOL sorry mate!!!!:O
Dash? Ill live with that

carltoncole
19th Apr 2005, 10:59
Heard on the grapevine that FlyBe might and i quote "be sending us a 737". Don't know if the person in question meant this was going to operate euromanx services or FlyBe ( who euromanx pretty much handle under the name flight support ).

I know I give Euromanx alot of stick but honest I want to see them do well, mainly because the frontline staff work so hard! I know from 1st hand experience what it's like to be getting :mad: from passengers over decisions that you didn't make!! But when managment keep making promises and then fail to deliver ( RJ by December, MAN and LCY to be done by said a/c ) but passengers turn up and have to get on a Jetstream or, and this is the truth, turn up for a Glasgow flight, and get British North West's PA31, 2000ft VFR, the guys and girls get the flak!

Also, I really can't see the economics of using a MD-82 on any of their current routes, two days ago it took 10 pax to MAN, crazy but, if I'm honest, I'd think it was amazing to go to LPL etc on one! In my honest opinion, and this is not a dig, they've expanded too fast and their scheduling is too disjointed, with too many a/c sitting around for 2 or 3 hours at a time when they could be in the air making £££'s

I for one think Euromanx have slowly started turning a corner and once they get their own a/c, based on the IOM, then I'll start to call them the Island's Airline aswell and then a rapid upturn in their performance and popularity will occour

carltoncole
19th Apr 2005, 11:14
RJ's aren't the most reliable planes around. Must admit I was a tad annoyed about the RJ not being based on the IOM but if it's gonna keep goin tech I bet the guys and gals on the IOM are quite happy it's not keeping them late at night!!!

I know I've changed my tune but good luck EMX, your gonna need it

PPRuNe Pop
19th Apr 2005, 12:07
The next time we see another EMX thread started it will get deleted and not merged with this one. No multiple threads is the rule.

And by the by, this thread is finding a reasonable level. But.................if degenerates as before it will be closed.

eurobitch
19th Apr 2005, 12:09
C C

Appreciate that mate!

There will be an RJ based in IOM, the other is not going to be too long behind the first.

As we all know planes dont like being sat on the ground, which due to paperwork they have, all major checks been done. Would be stupid to think hic ups wouldnt occur, nothing major and nothing to worry about.

Cheers

E B

Hansol
19th Apr 2005, 12:41
CC is right, the RJ is known as a very unreliable aircraft to operate, they are also very expensive to run.

Reliable on time operation has to be EM's first goal, they have to establish that before growing further.

manxbudgie
19th Apr 2005, 13:54
Hi EB

Saw a Nimrod fly over this morning thought perhaps EM had leased this to help out - well you got to admit it would be different - give the punters something to talk about and imagine trying to marshall it onto stand 7. Look forward to hearing the next saga in the missing planes.

I hope that when all your teething problems are over everyone can pull together and help to make you successful

Manxbudgie

eurobitch
19th Apr 2005, 14:48
Hey m b

He He He lol. think this would be quite sexy in emx livery!

http://www.aircraft-photos.net/aspnet_forum/photo.asp?photoid=335&asortType=6&apage=1

ALLMCC
19th Apr 2005, 14:57
E B

Any idea how long the MD82 will be with you? - is it likely to be or has it been used to BHD yet? On a serious note, hope Euromanx keep it together - might be going to IOM in July and would rather not go on a "white shed"!

eurobitch
19th Apr 2005, 15:26
ALLMCC,

Think it did MAN, LPL and DUB am not sure as was off, has now gone back.

Think youll be fine in July we should have a full fleet in operation by then.

E B:)

MarkD
19th Apr 2005, 20:25
hm - which could euromanx source first - a nimrod mra4 or an rj70 - could be neck and neck on that one :D

Ronaldsway Radar
19th Apr 2005, 21:34
It seems that since the publication of the IoM airports summer timetable, the arrival of one of the RJ's, and the cynics on here finally seeing that EuroManx ARE trying hard to accomplish what they promise....that things are on the UP!! :D
The airline has had a tough couple of years, maybe if everyone on here will now call off their continuous offense in one way or another and just let the airline have a peaceful few weeks to show what they really are about, and prove to the true manx people that they can and will be the Island's airline as they say.
Good luck to them and well done to everyone who works for EuroManx.
I know it makes it sound like the struggle is over, but it's not too far now!
Keep up the good work all!

RR

(No I dont work for EuroManx before you ask, just a very keen follower and a true manxie welcoming EMX with open arms!!)

Hansol
20th Apr 2005, 06:44
How is GWY doing? I would be interested to hear what the loads have been like, if anyone has that info.

manxbudgie
20th Apr 2005, 10:28
RR

Nice thoughts but at the end of the day the only thing at the moment that EM have that is anything remotely Manx is the colour scheme on an aircraft that is operating off Island.
The airline is not registered Manx
most of their staff require work permits (air crew excepted)
They have a handling agent operating their front desks

Yes they deserve some good press but if some of there representatives were less sarcastic about other companies that operate out of the airport and they just got on with running their own business instead of bringing down the oposition when things are not going right for them they would get a more favourable flavour of comment from people.

I know a lot of the staff that work for both EM and Flight support and I know it must be difficult for them to take all the bad press they all work really hard but if they just learnt to keep a low profile and waited for the events to actually happen b4 shouting about them they all would be a lot less likely to take so much flack

I do hope they succeed they deserve to after all that has happened and I think most people that visit this site would wish them well.

ALLMCC
20th Apr 2005, 10:47
One wonders if a certain Irish "gentleman" had "kept a low profile and waited for things to happen", would he have been where he is today?

manxbudgie
20th Apr 2005, 10:57
Good Question "where is the Irish Gentleman these days"

I know writing a new Irish folk tale about missing airplanes te he

Hansol
20th Apr 2005, 12:48
So how is GWY doing?

manxbudgie
20th Apr 2005, 14:34
Where's EB today

You are very quite - not like you- have missed your imput today

There must have been something happened with EM's proposed future worth a mantion

Missed your banter ;)

neidin
20th Apr 2005, 14:42
Loads ex GWY to LCY are very low but it will take time and they really have only had the flights for sale for a few weeks.

Flights ops are patchy, Mon Am went fine, Mon eve cxld, Tue AM 150 mins late, Tue PM fine, Wed AM fine.

Aer Arann are leaving no stone unturned locally to get bookings.

manxbudgie
20th Apr 2005, 15:07
neidin

three o/sched out of 5 not bad for the first week lets hope it gets better for you as time goes on - time will tell - do you think you might have an RJ for TT seeing as BA have downgraded their aircraft to a smaller 146 from 01 May?

euromanxdude
20th Apr 2005, 18:52
manxbudgie,
How yer doing yessa? I know what yer trying to say when yer said that our a/c arent manx registered......but tell me what a/c are manx registered, far as i know BA and T3 a/c are British registered ....and surely it wont matter that its gonna be irish registered [ keeping in with our celtic cousins maybe] lol.

And last of all most of the staff im aware of are either manx born or have lived on the island for a period of time to qualify as a 'stopover' manx citizen, but yea there is a bunch that need permits maybe because they have qualifications or experience in the line of work they are needed in.

Yer got to remember some people are more passionate about their jobs and their collegues etc and are maybe only being on the offensive to be defensive. Think you may find especially before the takeover during and after we were getting lots of negative mud flying in all god forsaken directions, and with that in mind some EM staff and FS staff feel the need to keep defending the company.

But anyway if the above was taken in the wrong way I apologise now,and as i think what you have said and what ive been trying to say over the months when we been getting flack from the opposition as well is we all work in a small airport on a small island and i be the 1st to admit ALL carriers need each other's help now and then.

Happy flying!:cool:

manxbudgie
20th Apr 2005, 19:05
:D Euromanxdude

Thanks for that and whatever happens I do wish everyone at EM BA T3 Flight Support Manx Regional Emerald Aer Arran and anyone ive missed out all the very best and lets look forward to a happy airport with lots of on time flights from all carriers:ok:

manxbudgie

euromanxdude
20th Apr 2005, 19:11
........yer missed out BE, BNW, JFK AND LLOG LOL sorry couldnt resist cheeky chappy that i am!:D

skiddyiom
21st Apr 2005, 06:32
For those that didn't see it, here is a pic of the RJ at Ronaldsway - taken in the pouring rain just after it arrived on Sunday.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y137/skiddyiom/Isle%20of%20Man%20Aircraft/EI-CPJ_1_DSC_1952.jpg

I hope this works

Cheers

Skiddy

Ronaldsway Radar
21st Apr 2005, 14:26
Eh, i'm sure there were about 3 more posts on here this morning that have dissapeared......or am I going crazy?

RR

Finchy
21st Apr 2005, 14:30
Hi, anyone know what aircraft is being used on the IOM-SOU weekday services?

Thanks

saint alled
21st Apr 2005, 16:19
Radar,

Yep, I think your radar was right, there were indeed more posts.

Looks like this thread is being sent the same way as the last regarding Euromanx, with a strange little icon on the Left hand side I take to indicate that the mods appear to wish it to be drawn to a conclusion.

Can't remember anything too contentious or offfensive, but who am I to know.

Finchy,
not sure what the long term plan for IOM-SOU is ( the timetable quotes a Dornier 328). Today's schedule operated by a Jetstream 31 though.

GMIMA
21st Apr 2005, 17:21
yip i posted on here last night, looks like euro trash have pprune in there pockets!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

oh well hope fully Euro Trash will disappear like one of my posts. soon hopefully, watch this space.

was a far question i thought...................... how do Euro Trash make money?

skiddyiom
21st Apr 2005, 18:10
Radar, you are so right about the posts. Unfortunately I do believe Budgie fell foul of somebody in the moderators. I have no idea why as the posts were neither rude or contentious I felt.

But, who am I to say what is right or wrong?

This may well be my last post as I feel that the Euromanx subject has run it's course, and it's time they were left alone to get on with the job of running their airline.

Thats all I'll say for now

skiddy

True Manxman
22nd Apr 2005, 19:04
The time has come I think to let them get on with it. Things are finally moving in the right direction. RJ returning to the IOM tomorrow at about 1100 to commence manx ops, Dash 8's I believe are imminent, crews being trained as we speak. I, like RR do not work for Euromanx but welcome them and what they are trying to achieve. There are those out there with personal reasons to snipe at EM (GMIMA for one) which is not what this forum is about. Lets stick to business and wish everyone connected with EM all the very best, lets face it, no operator is perfect, constructive criticism and praise where it's due.

Rock on everybody

jfriday
24th Apr 2005, 14:29
Euromanx are now showing on their website's route map SOU-DUS SOU-VIE and SOU-Eindhoven as routes commencing next month.

This is the first i've heard of this.

n5205e00421
24th Apr 2005, 23:40
Euromanx' RJ70 looked very much like a Welcome Air Do328 PROP this evening at Galway... :confused:

eurobitch
25th Apr 2005, 09:36
Gimima / Hansol

Grow up and accept that euromanx are now stronger than ever!
As I have already said in a previous post there are still alot of things in progression but you will find they are going to happen very quickly.
I also said there would be one or two who would through my contribution to a truce back in my face, which most people on here have respected that and called the dogs off so to speak.
Didnt really expect that level of maturity from you.
As far as Euromanx making money? dont you think you aught to be more concerned with how your own company are doing on the island? or is your continued sniping because you are.
Oh and by the way mods are being very fair at the moment... I myself have been warned for a lesser snipe than that of yours above. so you are wrong on that account, they are just trying to keep a sensible debate without unnecessary slating of companies.
Skiddy....Any more pics Did you get one of The RJ yesterday on her first of many IOM flights?:)

airportioman
27th Apr 2005, 20:49
Plenty of photo opportunities today - the RJ fleet seemed to spend an awful lot of time on the ground ?

Sean Dillon
3rd May 2005, 15:41
According to "my friend" in high places - Euromanx are applying for a Austrian AOC with the Dash 8's going on the Austrian register.....!!!!! What is that all about ????

I'm assuming without looking it up that the Austrian CAA are JAA member's avoiding any crew licence issues????

I've also just heard that Mickey Mouse has bought a Euromanx Watch!!!!!