PDA

View Full Version : NATS to close Bournemouth

atcea.com
1st Apr 2005, 17:24
NATS has announced plans to "contract out" ATC training in the U.K. The present ATC college at Bournmouth will be converted to a home for the indigent, which NATS says, "We can run at a substantial profit." The ATC training function will be assumed by Suffield University (http://www.suffielduniversity.com), a highly regarded "life experience" degree granting organization.

The change is to become effective APRIL FIRST.

360BakTrak
1st Apr 2005, 18:17
Blimey......is that the best you can come up with?!:{

HEATHROW DIRECTOR
1st Apr 2005, 19:18
Obviously written by someone who doesn't understand how the April Fool joke works...

ebenezer
2nd Apr 2005, 09:40
Judging by the salaries they pay their instructors, I thought that the College was already contracted out to another quite different, organisation...:hmm: :uhoh:

tori chelli
2nd Apr 2005, 12:05
Ebenezer

sorry, you've lost me! Can you expand your theory/opinion for the more dense amongst us?

Tori

Jerricho
2nd Apr 2005, 12:23
I think it was a cheap shot at Band 5 pay........maybe.

2 sheds
2nd Apr 2005, 21:55
...to which the answer, as always, is...Why don't you apply...and find out just how much hard work is involved?

oct
6th Apr 2005, 01:23
The only April Fool at Bournemouth is the person who is now running it.No matter what the pay is here its not enough when you know things are going from bad to worse and the only person who sorted it has a 6inch blade in their back.

opnot
9th Apr 2005, 19:47
2 Sheds

I would like to apply, unfortunately try and get released from an airfield doing twr/app.
By the way, when your student f----s up all you have to say is CLOCKS OFF lets discuss. Come work and teach in the real world ,then you would see who really earns their money.

2 sheds
9th Apr 2005, 21:43
A somewhat petulant response, Opnot!

In reply to your invitation - yes, been there and done that as well - as, I am sure, have most of the instructors at DAT&S.

If you want to instruct at the College, you certainly will not get there if you do not even apply. And I am not quite sure what the option to "stop clocks" (only occasionally used) on a simulator has to do with the overall effort put in to the job.

(By the way, I am in your "real world".)

Dances with Boffins
12th Apr 2005, 08:44
the only person who sorted it has a 6inch blade in their back Too bloody right. Boy do we miss her!