PDA

View Full Version : aerobatics instruction in Florida

Bluebeard777
1st Apr 2005, 12:55
Arrangements I made in Florida have fallen through - does anyone have a recommendation for an aerobatics instructor there?

waldopepper42
1st Apr 2005, 15:40
Bruce Thalheimer used to give aerobatics courses in his Pitts S2C at Naples airport.

I flew with him a few years back, but I don't know if he's still around. Might be worth giving Naples Air Centre a call though.

I can very highly recommend the course, if it's still available

stiknruda
1st Apr 2005, 18:42
Some years ago, I met Patty Wagstaff. Five times US Champion and a really nice girl.

I wanted to do some aeros trg whilst I was in Florida on business, so asked Patty who she'd recommend.......

Keoki Gray - absolutely!, was her very afirmative response.

I have since been to see Keoki several times and have recommended him to at least three other guys that have been over to fly with him and all of them have returned to see him again!

Keoki (http://www.ameliaislandaerobatics.com/)

He instructs in an S2A and prices are very competitive! He also has access to good acomodation if self catering appeals more than hotels.

I do not think that you will be dissapointed

Stik

I have no fiduciary connection with this business but feel free to pm me for my credentials

Zulu Alpha
3rd Apr 2005, 21:01
I also spent some time with Bruce Thalheimer. I learnt a lot in a short time and enjoyed myself.

He used to be reachable via Everglades Aerobatics, Inc.
4849 Berkeley Drive
Naples, FL 34112
Bruce Thalheimer
800/998-8423 (O)
941/261-8422 (O)
941/774-4773 (H)

I don't know if he is still there

MLS-12D
7th Apr 2005, 23:11
Pompano Beach (http://www.akroattitudes.com/index.htm) used to be the place to go, but the website says that they are "temporally closed due (to) maintenance". That might now be out of date, you may wish to send them an email just to be sure.

stiknruda
8th Apr 2005, 07:39
I'm pretty sure that PAC are closed for training - I wanted to fly with Clint McHenry but when I couldn't find him, asked Patty for advice.

Stik

Bluebeard777
19th Apr 2005, 19:25
Just to add a coda to this thread, in the end for logistical reasons we went to Indiantown airport (X51, NW of W Palm Beach), and did a course given by Jim Alsip in a Super Decathlon. Jim is at [email protected]. We found him very satisfactory and would recommend him to others.

Cheers