PDA

View Full Version : Fly! London Airshow Gathering.......

BRL
1st Apr 2005, 07:16
Hi all. The last air show at Earls Court resulted in quite a few ppruners gathering together at the bar. This year, how about putting down here on this thread what day you will be there and any other info for meeting other ppruners.

The Breitling Sky Bar is the easiest place to meet. I will let you all work something out how you will know each other etc etc.....

Again, this year, Tudor Owen (Flying Lawyer) will be giving a talk in the 'Seminar Theatre' at 3 pm on Sunday 10th about how to deal with CAA investigations. Last year's ones were a great success so be sure not to miss this one.

The weekend of the show I will be away abroad celebrating my birthday so I will not be there. (don't know if that is a good thing or bad thing or what!!!)

Anyhow, enjoy it and have fun, leave your details here for others.

Dusty_B
1st Apr 2005, 07:53
I shall be there on Saturday and Sunday, milling around the Ultimate High stand... and the bar.

...I've lost my badge :(

... Call off the SAR teams: I've found it :ok:

Whirlybird
1st Apr 2005, 08:19
I hope to be there Sunday, but I'm not certain yet. Still, to get things started, how about if Sunday's contingent meet in the Breitling Bar at 12.00 noon?

Many of you know me, but you might not recognise me...look out for the new blonde Whirly!

M14P
1st Apr 2005, 08:55
Pop along to the BA Mobile sim on Sunday (not there any other days)...

ThePirateKing
1st Apr 2005, 10:50
M14P, did you want me (+1) at any specific time? Best before or after beer??? :confused:

TPK:ok:

AerBabe
1st Apr 2005, 11:13
AerBloke and I are going on the Saturday...

Cessna 210 Heavy
1st Apr 2005, 11:42
I will be there on Sunday with a few other people from SR Technics.

I will give you a hint. One of the party only has one arm (not me)!!!!!

Rupert S
1st Apr 2005, 13:29
I'll be going on Sunday. I'll be amazed if anyone recognises me though :}

M14P
1st Apr 2005, 17:39
Much better after beer! - it'll show you how quickly your skills erode (or at least you can blame it on that)

:D

Irv
1st Apr 2005, 17:55
From the small survey so far, looks like there'll be plenty of room and good rapid service in the bar when I'm there then. (Friday)

LowNSlow
3rd Apr 2005, 15:06
As Annie the Auster is as sick as the proverbial Norwegian Blue Parrot I am planning to be there on the Saturday. Look for the tall bald drunk wreathed in ciggy smoke at the Breitling bar. I will have my Pprune badge pinned through my right nostril. Just kidding, it'll be pinned to my denim jacket :D

AerBabe
3rd Apr 2005, 16:17
Hey L'n'S, don't worry... you can have some of my hair in exchange for another cream egg. ;)

See you at the bar!!!

Except I've got to stay sober so I can take my new BabeMobile to be valued in the evening. :ugh:

LowNSlow
3rd Apr 2005, 20:09
AerBabe sober at a potential Pprune mini-bash! Get a grip girl, get the Babemobile valued on Monday instead :ok:

Penguina
4th Apr 2005, 11:40
Dublinpilot and I may be meeting on Friday night and it would be great if I could introduce him to some more London ppruners. But it will be in a pub somewhere.

(Because a) I should be studying not going to the Fly! show and b) I can't justify the price of a ticket! :( )

If I change my mind, I'm the blonde scruffy one, about 5 ft 6, mid-twenties and I may wear the pprune badge if I'm not too ashamed! ;) Tell you what, I'll take the fluffy seahorse bag; it's unmistakable!

Whirlygig
5th Apr 2005, 21:38
There'll be a brace of Whirlies at the Breitling Bar on Sunday :ok:

Cheers

Whirlygig

ShyTorque
5th Apr 2005, 21:51
S'all right for some! Others have to earn a living...

Frustrating to be passing through Battersea Heliport on Sunday afternoon but unable to even see the bar...... let alone prop it up!

Whirlygig
5th Apr 2005, 22:05
I'm sure we'll all raise a toast for those less fortunate than ourselves :{

I'll have one for you ST - triple industrial strength gin that has just been shown the tonic bottle be alright for ya?

.... I think that was my downfall last year ;)

I still have the photos of the AerBabe/LownSlow hair exchange!!!

Cheers

Whirlygig

LowNSlow
6th Apr 2005, 12:20
C'mon Whirlies, can't you make it Saturday....puhlease :)

I'd forgotten about the photos. :\

DBChopper
6th Apr 2005, 17:02
And please pop along to the Magic Aviation stand where you will find a helicopter simulator that is seriously good fun to fly!

If it's Friday or Sunday mornings, say hi to the tall balding guy in it... :ok:

DBChopper
:cool:

judewatt
6th Apr 2005, 19:52
Hi all,
I will be there on Saturday and have plans to spend most of my time at the bar! I'm the pretty lady in pink with the pretty lady friend (not sure what she will be in).
Anyone else there on Saturday, Sunday seems to be taking hold!
See you Saturday folk at the bar

BRL
6th Apr 2005, 19:57
Have one for me you lot, I am off away tomorrow until Sunday night to celebrate my birthday.

Have fun and take some pictures............:)

Whirlybird
6th Apr 2005, 20:07
LownSlow,
This Whirly is working on Saturday...well, instructing anyway, not sure if you call that work or play. :) Dunno about the other Whirly, but since I'm providing her free ticket - if I ever get my promised pair of them - I suspect whe'll want to stick to Sunday too.

Flying Lawyer
7th Apr 2005, 10:14
I'll be there on Sunday.

Look forward to meeting any fellow Ppruners who are around the Breitling Bar either before 2 pm or after 3 pm.

dublinpilot
7th Apr 2005, 19:55
I'll be there Friday.

Pat Malone
8th Apr 2005, 07:00
Drop by the AOPA stand and say hello - I'll be there all three days.

Pat Malone

Whirlybird
8th Apr 2005, 09:06
Im curious; this thread seems to be on both Private Flying and Rotorheads, and while most of the posts seem to be on both threads, not all of them do. I don't understand. BRL and Heliport??????? :confused: :confused: :confused:

DBChopper
8th Apr 2005, 15:30
Whirly,

Good point. Perhaps we are operating in two parallel PPRuNe Universes. If that is the case, will there be two separate meetings at the Breitling bar, with clones of the same people in each, and will I be able to run the Sim and have a beer at the same time...?

Think I may have had one one too many coffees :E

DBChopper
:=

Southern Scottie
8th Apr 2005, 17:11
Went to the exhibition today. Pretty good display with lots of static aircraft, both fixed wing and rotary.

Seems to be a big emphasis on Flightsim 2004.

Don't know about the Breitling Bar - they seemed to want me to spend megadosh on a watch before I could get a drink. Settled for Costa Coffee. Me....mean....?:rolleyes:

AerBabe
8th Apr 2005, 21:43
Hurrah! I picked up the new BabeMobile this evening and had an interesting drive back home with horizontal hail coming through the passenger side. :suspect: Just as well I'm used to open cockpit flying! :D

Anyway, means I don't have to drive tomorrow, so will be able to visit the bar for half a shandy. :ok:

LowNSlow
9th Apr 2005, 16:45
My plans all went to worms today so couldn't go. Tomorrow's out as well. Ah well, see y'all there next year....

AerBabe
9th Apr 2005, 20:26
Bugger. I did miss you. :sad: Not least because I carried your headset around for five hours. :D

Snakecharmer
10th Apr 2005, 10:38
Missed you again Aerbabe... was battling the crosswind and visiting the toybox at The Weald again...

AerBabe
10th Apr 2005, 20:10
Sheesh... and I should have been working yesterday too!

LowNSlow
16th Apr 2005, 15:44
Sorry about that AB, once Annie is up and running again I'll pop over to North Weald for a tea and chat.

md 600 driver
7th May 2005, 09:22
is their a copy or transcript of flying lawyers talk at the fly show please
steve