PDA

View Full Version : Free Chart

Kolibear
30th Mar 2005, 10:40
I've just replaced my 1/4 South East England chart with the latest Ed 9.

If there are any students out there who are studying Air Law or Navigation and would like an old, creased Edition 7 chart to practice on, then the first ppruner to PM me your name & address will get it.

SE England extends north to Norwich & west to Bristol.

AerBabe
30th Mar 2005, 11:24
the first ppruner to PM me your name & address will get it I have days when I feel like that too. Have a nice cup of tea and sit in a quiet place for a while.

robin
30th Mar 2005, 12:31
I suggest putting it on eBay - who knows, you may get the price of a new one......

AerBabe
30th Mar 2005, 12:36
I doubt Koli's in it for the money. Just trying to help out student pilots with no cash.

Kolibear
30th Mar 2005, 13:19
All contributions gratefully received.

My own training, when I was grappling with Nav theory, was helped by having a friend's cast-off maps so it seems only fair to help others in the same situation.

PS - its already gone.

WorkingHard
30th Mar 2005, 17:09
Kolibear you raise an interesting topic. Does anyone WANT old maps? I would be happy to send off my used ones to a deserving cause but to whom? Come on all you students (for example) do you want old maps?

AerBabe
30th Mar 2005, 17:58
Lots of people want old maps!!!

I used to volunteer at the museum at Coventry and they almost bit my hand off when I offered them one. I also use them for teaching air cadets Air Navigation. It would be great to be able to give them one each. Even if they are out of date.

DBChopper
30th Mar 2005, 19:14
Aerbabe - you took the words out of my mouth (or at least off my keyboard)...

My old 1/4mil and London Heliroutes chart have just gone to my mate's Army Cadet Unit - they are affiliated to the Army Air Corps so it's something for the kids to adorn the walls of their unit with. They seem to like it.

Worth trying to find a local ATC Squadron who are bound to snap them up.

DBChopper
:ok: