PDA

View Full Version : Instructors at EFT Florida?

glider
28th Mar 2005, 20:14
Hi!

I'm getting more and more interested in going back to the states this autumn to try my luck as a FI. Surfing the net, www.flyeft.com caught my eye and I'm in search of people that has gone through their FI training and (hopefully) gained some valuable working experience with the school as well.

Anyone out there wanting to share their experiences?

Best regards!
/Magnus

OneMileHigh
30th Mar 2005, 23:39
I did my CPL there, and if I'd had the time available I would have done the FIC there too.

They are very good and I would definitely recommend them.

Cosmic Star
31st Mar 2005, 18:31
Glider, EFT are very good. They also charge way more then anyone else but thats a decision for you to make. I did my CPL there and they ironed out a lot of bad habits I had, and I got through in minimum time and in two and a half weeks and tested in under three.

I too am considering doing my FI rating. Rightly or wrongly there is a poor view taken of people who have done all their flight training in America, like myself. I have been told by a few school owners that they would not employ such a person. I also have little knowledge of some of the proceedures for flying in Europe, and I feel it would be irresponsible to teach students with so little knowledge myself. If I do my FI it will be in Britain, as that is where I will be instructing

That is my own opinion, I would be interested to hear what others think.