PDA

View Full Version : overhead frequencies UK

HZ123
25th Mar 2005, 13:23
Hi i am the son of HZ123 and we live in West Drayton about a mile from london heathrow airport, I have a scanner and listen to heathrow often as I am a spotter. Soon enough though heathrow becomes very boring which is when I looked overhead heathrow for the aircraft coming from Europe, those are really high (e.g lufthansa 747s), the next part is the leaving the UK stuff (e.g monarch 757s from Luton and Gatwick). The final part is the stuff going into places like Luton, Manchester and Gatwick, these are at about 12000ft and descending(e.g BMI baby 737s). The reason I have started trhis topic is because I wanted to know if any of the controllers on this forum know what the frequencies are for these sorts of aircraft going overhead. I would be most greatful, thank you

Lewis Ellway
p.s I wish everyone a very happy easter.

Barry Cuda
25th Mar 2005, 15:03
Hi Lewis

For the inbounds to Luton and Stansted, plus all of the BPK traffic off Heathrow, try 118.82. Thats TC NE deps, although I'm not really sure what the coverage will be like at low level but you should get something...!

All the best and Happy Easter.

PS, if you ever want to come and see what we do at LTCC then PM me and I'll let you know how to organise it...

5milesbaby
25th Mar 2005, 17:59
Overhead West Drayton the Stansted, Luton and Cambridge traffic will be on 127.95 (TC Capital) initially before going to 118.82. TC Capital's airspace extends from FL155 upto FL215 and will also work some Gatwick outbounds going northwards and the Southampron ins and outs. Above this is LACC Sectors 25/26 (the old London Middle Sector) from FL215 to FL305, which is split east/west with a line running north/south through LHR. S25 is the west side frequency 132.45, S26 to the east 132.600. The outbound Brussels, Amsterdam, Stansted, Birmingham, East Midlands, Cardiff and Bristol traffic work them, and also the occasional Paris outbound climbing slowly out. They also work the Birmingham, East Midlands, Cardiff, and Bristol inbounds. Above LMS is London Upper Sectors S1/S2 from FL305 upwards with the same east/west split as before. S1 on the west is frequency 132.840 at the moment, but usually 135.425, and S2 is 127.425.

Hope that answers your question briefly!

HZ123
25th Mar 2005, 19:50
thanks thats brill guys, have a happy easter.