PDA

View Full Version : new General Aviation DVD!

Ultralights
22nd Mar 2005, 09:49
stumbled across this site **Love the video but not the link.**

from the trailer the dvd is a documentory about general aviation in LA! and features some fantastic footage of all sorts of aircraft, from pitts, to Lears, P51's and DC3's!

also found the link to a great aerial footage video! well worth the download! p51 dc3 finals view from another aircraft directly behind! fantastic stuff.

video 15mb (http://home.exetel.com.au/pamuva/MOVIES!/aerials.mov)

justinmg
23rd Mar 2005, 22:30
Very impressive.
I am not sure about the DVD as you have only given the link for Quick time vid.
Is there a commercial DVD?
I am still waiting for One Six Right!

BRL
24th Mar 2005, 03:44
Hi there. There is a commercial dvd, there was a link posted to it in the original posts but we don't allow links like this. Perhaps you could email Ultralights and ask him for it?

That video clip BTW is rather impressive. Is the dvd based on that?

skydriller
24th Mar 2005, 05:58
To any Computer buffs out there :

Why is that people use QuickTime?:suspect:

Whenever I try to play something in QT, it either a)completely f:mad: s up my system or b) completely takes over so that doing anything at all on the PC involves the damn thing starting up and/or screwing everything up again!! :mad: :mad:

Appollogies for the rant, I feel much better now!!!:O

Regards, SD..

Ultralights
24th Mar 2005, 06:46
the clip is from the movie "One Six Right" and the adress for the dvd is onesixright.com.

the clip i have linked to is available from the onesixright web page after you reserve a copy of the dvd, i have reserved 2 copies! cant wait for it! the trailer is also on the site....

bar shaker
24th Mar 2005, 07:56
SD

I couldn't agree more. For the privilege of watching a clip, you then spend the rest of your life getting spam emails, telling your machine that you don't want it to check for upgrades, that you don't want to purchase the 'pro' version, that you don't want to see some obscure band's webcast, that don't want to free trial some other piece of software that also does exactly the same thing as your existing software, that you don't want any more children, etc, etc, etc.

Is .wmv really that bad?

BRL
24th Mar 2005, 14:27
Save the video, open it with Irfanview, works ok with me, goes full screen and looks mighty impressive in widescreen too :)

Aussie Andy
25th Mar 2005, 07:29
Well I have no problem watching Quicktime on my Windows XP machine... not sure what all the fuss is about?

But that clip is .... BEAUTIFUL..!

Andy :ok:

justinmg
23rd Dec 2005, 18:14
I have just watched this all the way through.
An excellent piece of aviation film making, with some important GA messages. Enjoyed all of it (even the history lesson).

cadaha
24th Dec 2005, 02:32
wow!!!!!!!!!!!!

Keef
24th Dec 2005, 11:01
All I get is

The requested URL /pamuva/MOVIES!/aerials.mov was not found on this server.

Too late, as always!

Ultralights
25th Dec 2005, 06:10
when i get back to my home computer, i will upload it again to my webspace. in about a week

kokpit
30th Dec 2005, 15:46
Just watched the DVD, absolutely stunning, one that I will no doubt play regularly.

The footage, music and personal stories, all based on and around Van Nuys, is exceptional. I would recommend it to anyone with an interest in aviation.

Regards,

Kokpit.