PDA

View Full Version : Hour buliding in Canada

Ammonsen
22nd Mar 2005, 06:41
HI all

Since it is quite hard to bulid up hours in Europe I was thinking about trying my luck in Canada.
I have close relatives in Vancouver so it seems like a natural choise to try my luck there.
Does anyone have any good suggestions of what to do, where to go , who to talk to and what courses to take? I have considered a seaplane course. But it seems hard to get a job afterwards. Obviously I would prefer twin/IFR hours but everything have my interest.
Thank you very much

AA

Canadian Beech
22nd Mar 2005, 09:48
this might give you a view of where we're at, here in Canada...
http://www.avcanada.ca/forums2/viewtopic.php?t=6456
:bored:
Good luck!

EPR1.6
24th Mar 2005, 01:11
Sorry, hour building in Canada is not a good idea. Too many unemployed pilots already. Try China:{

Northern Skies
26th Mar 2005, 11:36
Please clarify, are you trying to get a flying job in canada, or are you just looking for a cheap rental rate?

I know of many europeans who came here to get the required hours for a license, and there are many flight schools who cater very well to international students. It wil save you a massive amount of money.

If a job is what you seek, you are in for a challenge. The job market for pilots here has always been a tough one. As far as I know it is easier in Europe. You may also want to find out if you have the right to work in Canada.

altiplano
27th Mar 2005, 19:20
The industry is in bad shape here... Finding a job for low timers is next to impossible right now...

If you are looking to just rent though there are a load of schools who will be happy to take your $$. If you stay in Vancouver, Boundary Bay is the easiest small airport to get to and has at least 5 or 6 schools/clubs with rentals. There is also Langley airport and Pitt Meadows with a handful schools at each.

velboy
7th Apr 2005, 15:49
The industry is in bad shape here... Finding a job for low timers is next to impossible right now...

Are you talkiing about the whole industry or can you separate Heli's from fixed wing.

I have a Canadian CPL(H) and was planning to build my hours in Europe as I understand it is not possible to rent a heli in Canada to hour build (The law I thought)

I plan to emmigrate to Canada in 20months have I picked a dud country to fly in?

zorx
30th Apr 2005, 13:53
Flying in Canada,s oversupplied industry is equivalent to becoming a rock star.In fact you would probably have better luck with the latter.Sorry to burst your bubble,but on the bright side at least you still got your money in your jeans.If your desperate try shootn of a bunch of applications off to Africa.Just don,t ask what your cargo is and get used t isolation and war.

Good luck pal hang on to your wallet and get a real career.Your currently loosing 30k a year that your not working over ten years thats alot of money (food for thought)

DOCTOR:cool: