PDA

View Full Version : A320 - 737ng Endo's which is better to have

kiki
22nd Mar 2005, 05:33
I am thinking about doing a Jet endo, not sure which would be more advantageous to do. Ie which one would help me get a job.

I dont agree with the need to pay for endorsements, but thats the way it is going these days.

does any one know of places that give time on type, so more employable.

thanks

superpilut
22nd Mar 2005, 08:06
I think Astreus (in Europe) used to do this on the 737.
But it can be they stopped it.

Touch'n'oops
22nd Mar 2005, 12:26
A320 by a long way!!!

Many airlines are buying the A320 like it was going out of fashion.

The A320's cockpit layout and systems are all designed to share as much commonality with its siblings... This means you have a much greater chance of moving to the rest of the family on a later date.

I have been told by friends who fly the A320 that it gets pretty damn boring flying the thing, because everything is done for you!!!

The choice is yours... But I still suggest you keep hunting down an airline whom will pay for you!!!

alatnariver
22nd Mar 2005, 12:47
The A320 rating gave me a job right away after the company I was working for went bancrupt, so this endorsement was the best unemployment protection and it still is I guess.

By the way buying a typerating wont neccesary give you a job as you still don't have in most cases the minimum required hours on type, it sue helps but.

Have you considered trying QR to get a jet rating and then take it from there. Anyway good luck!

FAB
22nd Mar 2005, 20:43
By the way buying a typerating wont neccesary give you a job as you still don't have in most cases the minimum required hours on type

Right, have the bus rating and still looking for a job, companies always require hours on type.:rolleyes:
Once you did the rating and then don't fly, you feel:\ and sometimes :{

FS-chick
22nd Mar 2005, 21:55
I would go for a 737-rating.
Selling your soul to a company like Ryanair (to get some hours)
is not such a bad idea.

Touch'n'oops
23rd Mar 2005, 09:05
FS-Chick

Stop shaking that Hornets nest!!!! You should know better!!!:O :O