PDA

View Full Version : ZFTT For B737 EFIS

CI54
20th Mar 2005, 10:11
Hello,

Does anyone here know if ZFTT can be done for trainees fresh from flying school? If so what are the requirements that will allow for this dispensation? I was told that this is done somewhere in the UK.

Appreciate any input from anyone.

Regards.

Global Pilot
20th Mar 2005, 10:20
ZFTT = what exactly?

outofsynch
20th Mar 2005, 13:12
Zero Flight Time Training = type rating without flying the real aircraft...

machone
20th Mar 2005, 14:08
Believe that this can be done on a level D sim. The training has to take account of how many landings are completed during training and a few other items. All must be approved and agreed before training starts. Most large training providers should be able to assist

CI54
21st Mar 2005, 21:05
Hello MACHONE,

Thanks for your input. Are there any references for the ZFTT done by the large operators? I know some operators are using JAR as reference for this purpose but the limits set there are restrictive for the flying schools available in this part of the world.

Better still if you can PM me the contact of anyone who is knowledgeable in this matter.

Rgds.

timzsta
23rd Mar 2005, 14:11
I don't believe it is possible to ZFTT somebody who has just come out of Flight School with a fATPL (which I presume is what you meant) undergoing their first type rating.

An example was given it the FLYER show last weekend. CAA have recently given approval to the Dash8 Q400 such that if you have a certain number of hours on that type (500 springs to mind but please correct me if I am wrong) you would be ZFTT on something like an A320 or 737NG because all those types have a completely EFIS flight deck (provided you have a level D simulator).

I am not very au fait with these particular parts of JAR OPS but I think it is more complicated then just having a Level D sim. Experience levels and currency of the person undergoing the line training also have a part to play.

I stand humbly ready to be corrected.

80/20
23rd Mar 2005, 15:15
ZFTT = coming from an airline going to an airline
Require previous typerating and line experience on a similar aircraft. (At least 500 hours flight time or 100 route sectors on relevant type)
Must start line training 15 days after completing the ZFTT.
Ref.: Appendix 1 to JAR-FCL 1.261(c)(2)
Approval of Aeroplane Zero Flight Time Type Rating Training Courses