PDA

View Full Version : Arrogant Pilots

wanty
19th Mar 2005, 05:11
Why do some pilots,particularly Captains, think the sun shines out thier ass when talking to Lames on the flight interphone.Dont these same pricks remember that the only reason they happen to be flying the aircraft, instead of fixing them, is that they probably had rich silver spoon Daddies to pay for their flying lessons as young blokes.Some of these pricks actually think they are smarter than the average Lame.These same pricks should speak with a lot more respect to Lame's, without forgeting that thier very lives depend on the good work we provide.You may get paid a bit more but always remember that if we f#$k up,we go to jail,whereas if you f#$k up,your in a box.Or pieces of you are anyway.The last time I looked,you can breathe in a jail cell.

Dumpvalve
19th Mar 2005, 09:16
Gee, you sound like such a charismatic chap, I can't imagine how anyone would want to be mean to you. :hmm:

ColdFiltered
19th Mar 2005, 11:58
I think someone wants a hug!! Having read your diatribe I get the impression that it's not the pilots in your company that have the problems. For heaven's sake, lighten up, life's too short for this kind of pettiness.

Genghis the Engineer
20th Mar 2005, 10:16
Try being nice about them first, they might reciprocate.

G

NFI
20th Mar 2005, 11:05
Genghis

Please go to the top of the class.

best post I have read to day.

So ture, I only wish some of the engineers I work with read your words of wisdom.

TURIN
20th Mar 2005, 21:50
Wanty, you sound like you have a well balanced personality......

A chip on BOTH shoulders!:hmm:

Lighten up, life's too short.

411A
21st Mar 2005, 03:56
Wound up like a cheap watch if you ask me.:}

Oh, please Sire, do fix my aeroplane, so that I can fly once again, and I will be forever greatful.:p :p :p

HOVIS
21st Mar 2005, 10:14
You can take that smirk off your face 411a, your no bl00dy better!!:E

sparks and stuff
21st Mar 2005, 18:16
Wanty, as a LAE I would be looking at having you removed from my crew and given some help before classing you as safe to work on aircraft. It scares me to think that thoses thoughts are in your head and that you can say them, even in jest. If, touch wood nothing ever does, somthing was to go wrong at your maintenance organisation and human error could be to blame, how do you think they would view your mental state?. At present you are a risk to yourself and others, sorry mate, but that is how it is.
As an engineer i have met loads of great pilots and some **** engineers and think it is more down to personality than job spec.
Anyway, dont get mad and have a little laugh by adjusting the harnesses in so that they feel fat everytime they get in and chuckle whilst they make excuses and try to loosen the harnesses without being noticed!

chilkoot
22nd Mar 2005, 01:34
I learned quite a few years back that arguing with a pilot over anything concerning the airplane won't get you anywhere. You've got to be professionnal, polite, and if the pilot looses his cool at you like they sometimes do and lacks good behaviour, just give him the released log book with a big smirk on your face and say "have a great day sir!" as you close the door exiting the flight deck. He won't know what hit him and will feel pretty stupid for loosing his cool! Try it, it works, been there quite a few times.

wanty
22nd Mar 2005, 10:57
Sorry guys,
Didn't mean to sound like a danger to anybody,just get a little peed off when someone speaks down to you, when I probably know more about how an aircraft system works than they do.Sure I have met and dealt with many
"geat" pilots, but from now on I will try not to look upon them all with the same eyes due to a few bad apples.So to speak.
As for the state of my mind sounding dangerous,please understand that every task I undertake on aircraft I work on,I always carry out said task under the assumption that my entire family is flying on the aircrafts next flight.Rest assured that this is always my mindset and this will never change.
Incidentally,have spoken to a pilot recently outside of work about this matter and he told me that I should try working with some of these blokes all day and that I have got it easy.
Sorry,but one thing I will never do is call these blokes is "Sir".

NFI
22nd Mar 2005, 15:41
Good on you Wanty.

In this day and age nobody should bow down to anybody. Everybody has their job to do. Equal respect to every one.

Except..... female pilots that look like blokes. I find it acceptable to call them "Sir".

wanty
22nd Mar 2005, 20:45
LOL Nfi.where I work,there are quite a few who do look like blokes too.

rubik101
24th Mar 2005, 10:13
As an ex rigger/fitter who found his way to the front end and now occupies the left seat, I can concur with most of what Wanty has said although I don't quite like the tone of his first post. There are pilots who are complete pr**s who do treat Lames with less than the respect due to them. I find that if I talk to them the way I would like to be spoken to, listen to what they tell me and act accordingly, life is really quite agreeable. Trying to second guess Lames was always a bad move; I remember when I was one!
Incidentally, what's wrong with calling us Captain, or even using our names if you know it? I have been called all sorts, I am sure but Chief, Captain, John will all do but please don't call me Sir!

wanty
24th Mar 2005, 11:07
Sounds like I have pissed off a few people,quite unintentional.
Usually I address both pilots together and just say
"Excuse me fellas...." Most of the time this works just fine.But what I have found now, which seems to work best is to speak to the pilots in the same tone with which they speak to me.Believe me,I do like to speak nice to all people with whom I work.Just recently I had an autopilot snag and had to carry out some BITE checks etc, and was told to just wait outside until I am called.Fine I said,If we have a delay it isnt on my head.Saying this sure seemed to empty at least one seat in the cockpit in record time.

aintsaying
25th Mar 2005, 04:47
I usually say to the flight crew "shure, thats fine" and then grab my radio and advise operations that the delay is not maintenance related due to crew request. It seems to perk a whole lot of ears.
I dont mind filling out delay reports, I actually enjoy writing out individuals names, times, dates, part numbers, etc. A delay report with 'Lack of man power' seems to make all sorts of managers b**ch at you for writing it. But thats just me.

duece19
25th Mar 2005, 08:41
Hi Im sure that the initial post was written in anger and therefore the tone used wasent really intentional. But to say that all pilots had "silverspoon daddies" is just sad, some of us have actually worked our a**es off to get where we are. Me myself would be absolutly useless as an engineer, not really having that magic mechanical fingers, so thats why Im a pilot. That said Im not defending anyone who shows any sort disrespect why talking about here, to me it just sounds ridiculous to "show off" who´s actually the boss here.

On the other hand, based on the fact that you engineer guys have more technical knowledge then us pilots, there are situations where I can feel uneasy with a engeenering decision because of my limited technical knowledge. Regarding fault XYZ our books says this and that, but engeenering realeases the plane for dispatch and according to MEL its correct can easily make you feel uneasy when you realise that you dont really know whats going on, and after all you will have to take that airplane up in the air and maybe fly it to a less favourable runway.

Even though the release was correct, there is a source of anxiety and can sometimes cause irritation, especially when some engineers (I say some, far far from everybody) just rushes over the whole procedure and leaves you none the wiser. Delay or not, if I would feel uneasy I´d try to have the whole thing explained to me, even if that makes me look like a complete idiot in engeenering eyes.

After all, we are working together and not against eachother, most of us are not "silverspoon daddy" types and most of us dont have nothing against engeeners, more like great respect.

Hopefully you get respect by showing respect, hope I havent waster yours time now.

just my two C

/ Duece

please dont jump on me for my less then perfect english, its not my first or even second language.

Point0Five
25th Mar 2005, 13:21
wanty

Sounds like you've recovered nicely from your initial ambiguous post. :ok:

Yeah, some of them are pricks... but that's true of most groups of people. Just rember the liability that they have to accept as the Captain of an aircraft. No different to most peoples jobs in aviation, but none the less they will be the ones hung out to dry when it goes wrong.

Having said that, trust in your skills and those of your supervisors... if it is bad, make a call and stick to your guns. If the aircrew are rude and arrogant, wonder why they feel the need to belittle people like yourself.:cool:

wanty
28th Mar 2005, 06:31
"duece19"
Seems like I must be working for the wrong airline.Do wish more pilots with your attitude worked for my airline,we'd all probably get along much better.Admittedly my first post was posted after a particularly bad day when it seemed like most of the captains spoke to me like I was just a pleb.
I do realise that quite a lot of you actually had to work for ****ty freighter companies etc,to build your hours up, before being accepted,but do wish to ask these people to not forget thier roots.
:ok:

FunctionedSatis
29th Mar 2005, 14:55
Cant honestly say ive met a proper arrogant pilot yet in my job. one or two that can be full of their own imporatnce, but harmless none the less.

I have met a few arrogant engineers while i was an apprentice!

Quote "Jar 66 is easier than BACR, your not a real engineer you didnt do an oral!" Yeh, ok im a young LAE, dont shoot me for it!

Most pilots are more than helpful and just let us get on with fixing the plane at our place. you get operational stresses of course, but were all big boys and girls , just part of the job!

Cheers

Stu.

whatbolt
29th Mar 2005, 20:19
Met a few arrogant P1s and 2s in my time,also a few arrogant Engs. What annoys me is when people leave the flight deck littered with papers and empty drinking cups when I'm supposed to work in there. Well I'm not cleaning up after you anymore. Your mates can do it before they take the next flight out.

Genghis the Engineer
30th Mar 2005, 19:43
Not, of-course, that this ever happens in engineers' crewrooms?

G

whatbolt
1st Apr 2005, 19:34
Yes it does, and I dont clean up after them either.

NFI
2nd Apr 2005, 07:06
Why not look at cleaning flight decks from an economic point of view.

Aft of the flight deck door they pay to sit in the seat, so the company foots the cleaning bill.

Fwd of the door the company pays for who sits in the seat, so it is only fair that you tidy your own mess.

mini
4th Apr 2005, 19:02
I guess this thread just confirms that airfolk are normal folk.

They get peed off with workmates
They conform to Maslow's triangle
They recover from bad days
They want positive solutions
They don't fit stereotypes

etc etc.

whatbolt
8th Apr 2005, 21:36
Thats odd, past seven days nobody has asked me why the f/d hasnt been cleared of newspapers and half empty drinking cups. Is word getting around or are their wives/girlfriends nipping in and clearing up after them like they do at home?

TwoDeadDogs
9th Apr 2005, 04:16
Hi all
Get the cleaners to loop a plastic bag over the seat arm on each seat. Tell the pilots that any rubbish not in the bag will be left in place. It works with our lot.
regards
TDD

scrubed
8th May 2005, 19:20
I also have a question:

"Why do some mechanics, particularly older senior ones, think the sun shines out thier (sic) ass when talking to pilots on the flight interphone."

Mr. warty, since your head-up-@rse attitude clearly indicates you are clueless, I will inform you:

Many pilots (myself included) worked their rings off in some sh!tty jobs saving the ca$h to get where they are then followed it up flying in some sh!tty GA jobs too, to work up the hours for the so-called "silver-spoon" lifestyle you ranted about.

You obviously were smoking some pretty good sh!t when you typed out that utter tripe.

You sound like the muttering, festering type who resents anyone whose hands aren't dirty or because they finished high school and/or went to uni but you didn't - "fancy candy-ass College boy......!"I probably know more about how an aircraft system works than they doHAHAHA!!! I would hope so, warty, since you claim to be a mechanic, otherwise you should study for your exams a lot harder than you have so far!!!

You are not the only surly grease monkey in the aviation world. There are others who barge into the cockpit as if expecting a fight, don't bother saying "hello" or even mention just what it is they are tinkering with or whether it might take a while.

Snobbery, it is. They do not deign to speak with a soft-handed, white-collar daddy's boy pilot.

They are twits and will usually know full-well they are and cringe accordingly when you turn up later for a beer, having been invited by another engineer, who IS a good bloke, and knows how to get the respect from pilots without even trying.

Others can be dis-arming with merely a word: "G'day."

Incidentally, this is done by being a DECENT BLOKE and may earn you respect in return.

I wonder if you're the @rsehole who used to SLAM the tech-log box against the side of the aircraft when we pulled up.

prop jocket
8th May 2005, 20:07
I'm going to sit on the fence on this one, having one foot in each camp. I will say that there are probably more Licenced engineers that are qualified to fly an aeroplane than there are licenced commercial pilots who are qualified to fix them, though.

One exchange I had with a captain ( and I will admit that I'd had a bitch of a day, so wasn't at my diplomatic best ) was when I'd signed off his aircraft against the DDM, only to be told that he wasn't happy, and that his technical opinion was more important than mine because he was the captain.

My response was that nobody would dream of questioning the captains importance, but given the three autopilots that actually fly the aircraft, and it only taking one person to monitor it doing so, I would certainly be debating whether he was necessary. Is it really necessary to have two people watching the aircraft fly itself?

It took a while before the bottom lip started to quiver, but it made the point.

Most pilots that I've come across are great blokes and are only too keen to quiz you on what you're doing to fix it. This isn't out of a desire to question your professionalism or ability, but to understand more about what the switches actually do when the four ringed arm of God moves them.

scrubed
8th May 2005, 20:19
given the three autopilots that actually fly the aircraft, and it only taking one person to monitor it doing so, I would certainly be debating whether he was necessary. Spoken like the sort of true fool who has never sat in the SIM and watched FLARE fail or a LOC deviation at low altitude on a Cat IIIb approach.

True, though. Would be better to only spend those moments aboard (just in case) and the rest monitoring from the couch at home.

So he said:

"My opinion over-rides yours."

And your response was:

"Well there are 3 autopilots here, maybe your job is redundant."

Yeah that makes a lot of sense. Did you finish with: "Nah-nah, nah-nah, NAAAAAAAH-naaah..."?

Did you uppercut yourself later on when you realised what a tw@t you'd made of yourself???

The old "pilotless airliners" line again. I can't believe some morons still push that old chestnut around. :rolleyes:

Heli-Ice
11th May 2005, 21:26
Well I learned that you should always, I mean always owe your mechanic a fair sum of money or at least a bottle of the finest whiskey. Then you should be able to count on your aircraft to be in good shape. :D

scarebus03
11th May 2005, 23:04
Scrubed

you are an arrogant ass, your post is to engineers what wantys first post is to pilots, have you learned nothing from this thread. However wanty has acknowledged that he had a bad day and went over the top. As an engineer I have lots of pilot friends and fly the jumpseat regularly. For an engineer I find this very good as it shows life from the pilots perspective and allows me a little reminder of nav systems in operation as I don'see it everyday and the crew get a chance to ask anything about a system or maint. procedure. A free exchange of info which benefits both pilot and engineer.
Crews and engineers are only people, subject to the same problems and characteristics as the rest of the world.

Sadly on both sides there are some assholes but in the main most are good people.

Scrubed I hope you are one of the good ones.........................;

:D

Bill Boeing
12th May 2005, 03:18
Like Prop Jocket, I too have a foot in each camp.

What I see from this position is two groups of talented and technical people who have absolutely no understanding of the other.

I regularly hear fellow engineers making generalised statements about pilots and pilots about engineers. These are normally completely inaccurate.

In a perfect world, all engineers should obtain a PPL and all pilots should spend 6 months in the hangar.

The results would be amazing after having "walked a milein the other man's shoes".

BB

NorthSeaTiger
12th May 2005, 10:40
I agree but if the engineer is gaining a ppl then surley the pilots should gain their basic licensce !!

prop jocket
12th May 2005, 11:08
Scrubed,

Oh but I have sat in the sim. I was doing a 737 rating ( self sponsored by the way ) and had done a few hours in the sims just as the naughty people downed the twin towers. I didn't see much point in continuing after that, so I may not be licenced to fly it, but am more than capable of doing so. Could you fix it? Doubt it.

If I may be uncharacteristic and take your bait for a moment, this thread is about arrogant pilots; your post has done nothing but reinforce the opinion that pilots are just that. If you have difficulty with the comprehension of that concept, ask a grown up to help you.

Read my post again. I think you may find that it was a response to a pilot who falls into the camp of arrogance.

The autopilot does fly the aeroplane. If it's bu&&ered you lot won't take it. Explain that away as you claim your salaries for being a pilot and "flying" your airliner. As for calling me a tw@t when you don't know who I am or what I do/have done in life it speaks volumes about you.

the impression I get of you isn't relevant to this forum. However, I will ask you this.....

Are you trying to tell me that they let immature little pr*cks like you fly airliners? God help us.

Rant over.

scrubed
12th May 2005, 12:21
As an aside, I believe the saying came from the American Indians and was originally "until you walk a mile in another man's mocasins, you can't imagine the smell..."

Then it became a "do not judge him" thing. But at least if you do judge him all wrong, then at least you have his mocasins and you're a mile away by then...

PJ why so upset? Just because I pointed out the under-lying smugness beneath the thin veneer of your "conciliatory" post?

I guess I don't have much else to say since you still have your head up your @rsse about auto-pilots being more deserving of salary. Interesting you mention the notion of cash, though, as it now appears you also have an issue with who gets paid what and how much more someone else deserves it.

Sounds like you are definitely a closet pilot-issues case.

And you obviously don't know what a CAT IIIB ILS approach is or you wouldn't be mouthing off, especially if you were a passenger and I wuzz the guy in the front, pushing the buttons because even I'M scared of me doing it. At least,in the SIM where everything always seems to fail.

As for me, I once did a little time at the very bottom of the mechanic food chain. Enough to learn that they prefer to be called Aircraft Maintenance Engineers and that they work harder than the pilots whom I occasionally saw strolling casually about with clean hands.... so I changed paths after a week.

But I don't object to the idea of doing some time in the hangars now and then (provided it doesn't cost me any dough!!!!) and learning more about the machines. Sounds like a good idea to me and would help us appreciate each others roles too.

I learned a lot about what I flew from the engos in GA, some of whom also knew how to fly but were admittedly and understandably a little "ham-fisted," unlike we gifted.

I draw the line at baggage handling though, I did enough of that in the old days.

Hey PoopJacket, I'm on a layover next week and planning on getting trashed with two LAME mates who are both very very sick individuals. I'll ask if they know you... :ok:

wanty
28th May 2005, 02:41
You sound like the muttering, festering type who resents anyone whose hands aren't dirty or because they finished high school and/or went to uni but you didn't - "fancy candy-ass College boy......!"

Hey scrubed,
Indeed, I actually did finish high school, with honours I might add.Just quietly,I'm an Avionis Lame and don't get my hands dirty too often.Thought since you are getting so personally offensive,I would point out a few things.All those instruments and gadgets you (merely) read,I actually Know not (just) how to read them as you do,but I actually know how they all work internally as well ;) .Don't forget,when something goes wrong up there with you blokes,you only know how to go thru a checklist pre-prepared for you,by people who by and large, know that you probably can't be trusted to use your own judgement to fix said problem. ;)
Incidentally scrubed,if you would like to know what we are tinkering with as you point out,try reading the tech log.
Wanty.

scrubed
30th May 2005, 23:15
What's anan Avionis Lame??? :confused:

What's ateh log??? :confused:

Hey Warty, why didn't someone as smart as you say you are write a "pre-prepared"** checklist for the guys in the Sioux City crash to cover a total hydraulics failure?

What did those guys do without someone as clever as you to help them and with only their "own judgement" to rely on?

Who fixed that airplane so well it came apart and put the pilots, crew and passengers in that situation???

See? You speak the sort of garbage as you have above and it can all be turned around and thrown back in your face.

Why are you trying to get under the skin of pilots? You don't like being a member of the team? Is that it?? You need to wake up and smell the kero, my friend. It's a team effort and you're no more important than anyone else.

Until you realise this you are a danger to the entire operation.

PS What kind of high school do you graduate "with honours" from????? HAHAHAHAHAAAAA.....!!!!

**you don't actually need to add the prefix "pre" as that is what prepared means

PPS if the "fix-ems" need to be treated "tenderly" in order to do their job professionally and correctly, then they should get a job at McDonalds instead of one where lives depend on their performance.

wanty
31st May 2005, 07:39
Hey Scrubed,
Hook, line and sinker. Ha Ha Ha.
Gotta tip for you mate,next time you post to a thread,try reading how old the thread is,you may as well have answered a thread 6 months old you "DUMMY"
Don't need to be treated tenderly as you put it,just don't like being spoken down to.Bit of mutual respect will do me fine.
Quote "Who fixed that airplane so well it came apart and put the pilots, crew and passengers in that situation??? " End Quote

The last time I looked,aircraft aren't held together with avionics wiring etc,I have always been under the impression that it was a structural thing which kept aircraft together,at least where I come from anyway.

PS The "c" button on my computer has been a bit intermittent lately until I pulled it apart and "repaired" it.Perhaps this will explain the "teh log" and "avionis Lame".

Seeya.

Genghis the Engineer
31st May 2005, 09:32
Before criticising a man, first walk a mile in his shoes....

That way, when he gets annoyed you are a mile away and he can't run.

G

wanty
31st May 2005, 11:30
G,
If you read original thread you will notice that I "didn't" say that all pilots were like this,I said "Some" pilots were like this.
Just quietly.
Wanty.

Genghis the Engineer
31st May 2005, 12:03
And I was just trying to calm down an increasingly petty and vitriolic thread with a bit of humour.

G

scrubed
31st May 2005, 13:17
Genghis, see my earlier post - top of the page...!!

Gotcha..... ;)

As for Warty, you seem unable to process simple information.

I will try one last time to spell it out in simple terms:

Try being respectful and polite and in most cases you will find it is re-paid back to you just as respectfully and politely.

If you can't reign in your attitude, you will find you "always seem to get disrespect from the snobby pilots, for some strange reason..." and you will never have a clue why.

I guess some peoples' lives simply serve as a lesson to others.

:rolleyes:

wanty
31st May 2005, 22:58
G
If you read this from the beginning up until the point where Srubed adressed me individually and started slinging **** in my direction,you would notice that my tone had calmed down significantly.It was not I who dragged up old wounds so to speak.
Wanty.

PS The very reason I wrote this thread to begin with, is that I do speak politely to pilots only to have some speak back as though I am merely a pleb.This I am sure, you would not appreciate either.

MRDART
16th Jun 2005, 10:32
I´ve met a few arrogant pilots during my years in maintennance but I´ve met arrogant engineers aswell....

scrubed
17th Jun 2005, 11:34
And I've met a few arrogant Coles check-out chicks too... oh boo hoo........ :{ If you read this from the beginning up until the point where Srubed adressed me individually and started slinging **** in my directionWell, Warty, what can I say. YOU are the one who started the sorry topic. You got some good feedback, despite your tone, and mine was a part of it.

Try to look past your bruised ego and you will see that I mentioned several times I have no problem with engineers. I have several good friends amongst them, as a matter of fact.It was not I who dragged up old wounds so to speak.Well you DID start it...

As for being treated like a plebe, why does this get to you so badly? Just IGNORE IT. Like ya mum said, turn the other cheek dear.

Valis
17th Jun 2005, 15:25
Wow, I went through this whole thread. It was quite some rant in the beginning. Well everyone has a bad day sometimes but maybe talking about it helps sometimes. Just to let it out. And usually find that it's not so bad anyway. So the whole situation can calm down, which this one actually did.

Well...

Until scrubed showed up. That's when the whole thing here started to turn quite ugly.

I see no more camps in this thread. I see only one person who even points out another person's typos just to prove - well, prove what actually?

Reading all this - and especially how scrubed tries to fight on and fight on and fight on no matter if there's anyone left who replies to his repetitive offenses - lets me fear, really fear, that there's a pilot being scaringly obsessive.

Now scrubed, go ahead, tear me and my post apart. I'm no native speaker so by pointing out my grammatical or orthographical failures you might find it quite easy to prove that I'm not worth commenting your wisdom at all.

Go ahead and have fun.

But PLEASE do what ever you can to not fly any aircraft until you saw a doctor to have this state of obsessivness treated.

mymymy
17th Jun 2005, 18:32
It was nice to see this thread falling lower and lower down the list soon to become part of the archives.

That is until Mr D revived it!:yuk: :yuk: :yuk:

whatbolt
17th Jun 2005, 23:16
Well thats odd because the fd was full of papers again this evening. Just to make things more interesting the skipper was femail. I didnt say anything and the papers will still be there tomorrow. Its your place of work not mine.

wanty
18th Jun 2005, 01:38
Wow, I went through this whole thread. It was quite some rant in the beginning. Well everyone has a bad day sometimes but maybe talking about it helps sometimes. Just to let it out. And usually find that it's not so bad anyway. So the whole situation can calm down, which this one actually did.

Well...

Until scrubed showed up. That's when the whole thing here started to turn quite ugly.

""Too true."

MuttonGunn
18th Jun 2005, 09:13
Interesting thread:

Wanty has a huge nasty dummy spit, get’s told by everyone that he sounds like a pratt,

winds his head in in an effort to recover some lost face and save energy for another day,

everyone is happy,

scrubed comes along and gets in one last, late jab which stings wanty badly,

wanty fires up again and bites back, still conscious of the fact he looked a fool earlier on and tries to change his tune

scrubed keeps throwing in one last meaty bait

wanty keeps biting like there’s no tomorrow

other posters blame scrubed for the standard of wanty’s nasty first post.

Some german turns up and types 7 paragraphs but says absolutely nothing

did I miss anything?

wanty
18th Jun 2005, 12:32
Longest sentence I've ever read, that first one.Missed anything??? Maybe the occasional fullstop.Fair enough,yours was a good summation Muttongunn.LOL

scrubed
18th Jun 2005, 21:08
"Fight on and fight on and... etc etc"...

Phalis, just what TF are you talking about??? Do you have any idea????

I only keep posting because Warty just won't let it die a natural death! Why aren't you levelling your condescension at him, instead??

Warty seems to have learnt his lesson. Even someone's wife pointed out his character flaws to him. I'm satisified with that but he just keeps coming back and throwing more fuel on the fire.

I don't mind replying, I have a lot of time on my hands.

Interesting how you don't seem to notice that every time I post something, Warty has also just posted ahead of me and is begging for a retort.

If you are incapable of determining this trend than I suggest you go back in for re-eavluation as to your suitability to continue in your current role, be it pilot, engineer or car-wash attendant.

It scares me that someone like you might be either flying or fixing an airplane...... :eek:

:hmm:

wanty
18th Jun 2005, 23:54
Don't like it when someone is having a go at u hey Scrube??
Get over it ya girls d#ck.
Over the last few months it does appear that a lot of pilots are resonable blokes,unfortunately thier are the arrogant few who drag the rest down and give the impression that your all an arrogant bunch.

Why aren't you picking on Warty?? Why you picking on me?? Its not fair,pick on Warty,I haven't done anything wrong.
Have a winge ya girl.
To all those other pilots who did respond with reasoning in thier advice,thankyou,it's taken onboard.
The day I start taking advice from a "pompous pr##k" like scrub..,simply wont eventuate.

wanty
19th Jun 2005, 06:34
Wotsyors,ya missing the point in my original post.I did say "some" pilots,not all.Because someone has a go at a few of ya,you think it naturally reflects on all of you.Well if you want to take offence to this,thats your choice.I was inittialy trying to understand the mindset of some pilots, who "CHOOSE" to speak to engineers in the headset like garbage.There is no need for this at all.

scrubed
20th Jun 2005, 13:14
Wow. What an amazing insight into the warped mind of one particular person.

I was having a few beers in Sydney with two engineers I know and I mentioned this. They had already read this sad thread and were p!ssing themselves about it. They reckoned they know who it is!!

Warty, I'm gonna tell it to you, warts and all, because I know that, deep down, you want to be loved like everyone else.

You will never get respect from the pilots in this lifetime BECAUSE:

They can sense your attitide. I know this sounds amazing to you but it's true. You can tell when someone has an attitude, often before they even open their trap. I think you are too far gone to recover now. You will always have this problem with pilots despite your assertions here that they are "not all bad".

I tried to help you with a few basics but you insist on replying with what you hope are offensive insults which just make me laugh louder at you!!

Please answer this question:

Do you realise you sound like you're arguing in a sandpit during kindy lunch-break??

I quote:Get over it ya girls d#ck....Have a winge ya girl....a "pompous pr##k"That's the kind of thing that will have this thread shut down, and then your opportunity to improve your self-worth and image will be lost.

Tell ya what, with filth like that coming outa ya cake-hole, no wonder people, including pilots, look down on you. Come on man, try a little harder, walk into the cockpit and SMILE. You might be amazed when you are actually treated nicely for a change.

Warty, maybe you confused Wotsyors with your fancy double-talk. First you said:unfortunately thier are the arrogant few who drag the rest down and give the impression that your all an arrogant bunch('scuse spelling...;) )

Then you said:Because someone has a go at a few of ya,you think it naturally reflects on all of you

Try to think it through before you post!!

wanty
21st Jun 2005, 10:54
What a toss.
Firstly,that you reckon you were having a drink with a few engineers.Totally made up.
Secondly,you say they reckon they know who I am!!!

Go on proove it.I don't mind if you can name me.
You really think I would give a rats if they shut this thread down??
Mate as far as I was concerned,this thread was finished months ago, until you decided to come in on the equation ,(months late) I might add.

If I don't have the respect of the pilots as you say,why is it that there doesn't seem to be too many complaints about any of the work I have performed over fifteen years or so in the industry.

Anyway,keep the insults coming,as it has always been proof pudding to me,that the first sign of loosing an argument is resorting to personal insults.

scrubed
24th Jun 2005, 08:46
This is like taking candy from a baby. Or shooting fish in a barrel. ya girls d#ck....pompous pr##k....etcthe first sign of loosing (sic) an argument is resorting to personal insults.Yes, well said, warty. :rolleyes: Does the word "irony" mean anything to you?

Actually I think you'd be happy for the thread to end as it would put you out of your misery.

Nonetheless, in keeping with the thread topic and your comment on 15 years of doing your job correctly, what else would be expected?

Doing what you are paid for and supposedly qualified to do is your job. I would expect that you do this ith some abillity or else you'd have been sacked ages ago.

This is nothing to do with your attitude to those with whom you work and whose respect you crave.

I'm just trying to help, since in your initial post there was definitely a cry for help hidden in amongst the vitriole.

wanty
24th Jun 2005, 20:19
Believe me,normally I have a very happy go lucky attitude.But I will say this to you.If you were on the headset downstairs and been spoken to by some pilots, the way I have been on occasions,you would react in the same manner.Sometimes it is possible to be spoken to shabbily, if maybe I had of actually had some previous dealings with some of these pilots.But it becomes harder to except, if the very first words spoken to you by these people, are demeaning, for absolutely no reason other than the fact that they have had a bad day and doing this makes them feel better about themselves.
End of my input to this thread.
Seeya.:ok:

EESDL
29th Jun 2005, 16:04
So, which are worse, fixed-wg or rotary pilots?

N5528P
4th Jul 2005, 19:56
There are still rumours about the arrogant 777 pilot: The engineer pulled the CB in the avionics compartment for the autopilot - so mr. top gun had to have the wheels on the yoke 'til BKK.

Regards, Bernhard

Bolty McBolt
9th Jul 2005, 04:50
I have read this thread with glee.
At first wanty had gone off with his opening tirade after a bad day and made amends later with a not so much a retort but a correction..
Then old scrubed shows up and gives "wanty" both barrels
At first I sided with "wanty" UNTIL...

The song and dance "wanty" went on about being an engineer then slipps the fact he Avionics (translation.. wouldn’t work in an iron lung or carry out trouble shooting unless gun put to his head) and from Melbourne (translation would complain about type/brand/colour of iron lung being forced to breath in and threaten industrial action)
At least wanty is a balanced individual a chip on both shoulders.

Keep up the good work scrubed as sparkies are fair game especially the ones who are filled with thier own self importance and think they are some kind of aero genius...737 pffftt when compared with proper triple systemed aircraft

scrubed
10th Jul 2005, 08:43
No worries bolty.... I never realised warty was a wire-cutter as I was only half-paying attention to what he was whining about and keeping track of events on other threads at same time...

Sounds like you're an engineer too, but don't have the same kind of problems dealiing with society, in general and neither do the other guys who replied. Seems like there's a pattern forming, here, hey!! :rolleyes:

But dear old warty, on the other hand, has generally made a lot of my points for me and, in his ranting, never ever realised it.the very first words spoken to you by these people, are demeaning, for absolutely no reason other than the fact that they have had a bad day and doing this makes them feel better about themselves.Kind of sums up warty's first post here and this entire thread, really.