PDA

View Full Version : Accomodation list for Bournemouth

greig
18th Mar 2005, 23:39
Hi,

I've just got confirmation of a June start date for Bournemouth and I am planning a trip down in the next couple of months to see what the area is like. Can someone who has started training in the past few courses supply me with a current accomodation list so I could see what the places are like. HR are doing their usual and taking forever to get back to me with one!!

Any info would be great, thanks

Phantom99
19th Mar 2005, 09:25
Hi Greig,

Your best bet will be to contact Graham Marshall (Student Liasion Officer) at the college directly and he will be able to provide you with a accomodation list.

Mooncrest
19th Mar 2005, 09:26
The Boscombe area of Bournemouth used to be the area of choice for NATS students. I stayed at a B&B on Westby Road a couple of times about fifteen years ago. Just a few minutes walk from the beach.

Good luck !

Inverted81
19th Mar 2005, 10:14
do a search for accomodation.... this has been talked about many times on here....
Westby Road... THE ONLY place to be whilst on the intro course. Try not to tie yourself into a 6 month contract as u will be out and about from the college after 10 weeks doing ops famil etc etc. I've just startrted a 6 mth contract on my return to the college and HOPEFULLY i'll be at the college that long to fulfill the contract. I would recommend coming down and having a look (pop into the college as well).
Have a look for Bournecoast estate agents, they do contracts with a monthly "opt out" after the initial 2 months tenancy as well...
Congrats and see u in sunny B'mouth soon!
:)

pumuckl
19th Mar 2005, 11:51
Hi all

I'll also be starting on June 6 (can't wait!) and will be looking for rented accommodation rather than a B&B as my partner will be moving with me. We don't own any property - hence the move. I'd be looking at a 3 month lease at the most initially though.

If there is anyone looking for a couple of flatmates starting in June (my partner is an aspiring pilot...) please PM me!

Alternatively - are there any June people interested in setting up a flat?

So you reckon the Boscombe area is where we should be looking? I don't know Bournemouth very well, so any information would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers
p. :ok:

PPRuNe Radar
19th Mar 2005, 12:31
Some accomodation options on this thread:

Bournemouth Accomodation (http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=167558)

greig
20th Mar 2005, 01:05
Thanks folks, plenty to be looking for, just need to get myself down there now!!