PDA

View Full Version : Mandatory Handling

topcat450
18th Mar 2005, 11:42
Having never flown into a airport which requires mandatory handling (and from what I can gather...charge a fair whack for it), I realised today I'm don't know what you actually are getting for your money.

So what are you paying for, and what service do they give the average GA flyer? Will you be marshalled to a parking bay and ferried about by plush limo? :confused: I think I know the answer to the last bit myself :(

<TC>

Blinkz
18th Mar 2005, 12:16
On my QXC I managed to get handled by accident, the ATC got me confused with someone else and so gave me a follow-me. Basically yea I got marshalled to parking, then went to the handelers place, was offered free drinks etc. In the end was charged £47 for the pleasure :rolleyes:

ShyTorque
18th Mar 2005, 12:19
If it's EG..(a certain council run Devon airport) you can expect not a lot. Possibly with the exception of a mandatory wait for a start crew who ambles out with both hands in his pockets, to stand there looking bored while you start the first engine and then amble off again still without removing his hands from said pockets, leaving you to start the second one unobserved. :rolleyes: