PDA

View Full Version : Spot Williams

A I
16th Mar 2005, 17:53
As it is now some two years since the acquittal of Spot Williams in the "F15" Court Martial case, has the RAF Board of Inquiry published it's findings yet?

I have searched PPRuNe for a reference to this to no avail. Additionally can anybody let us know what is happening to Spot at this time.

Thanks

A I

Spiffing
18th Mar 2005, 21:29
..................for further information post a number and you will be called.

DICK DOLEMAN
21st Mar 2005, 10:02
The Board of Inquiryis still alive.

At the moment it is in the 'staffing chain' working it's way towards comment by CinC Strike Command. Spot is sworn to secrecy under QR1269...Rules of Disclosure but has rights of reply at each level of comment. I assume that when the procedure is concluded then all the information will be freely available for us to digest and comment upon......Freedom of Information Act?

Thanks to Brian Young, I have had the results of the USAF Aircraft Accident Investigation Board for some considerable time. They concluded in May 2003.

Hopefully, this torture will not go on much longer.

Spiffing
24th Mar 2005, 08:57
I have also tried to get the RAF Board of Inquiry Findings (oh dear, I seem to have blown my cover as 'Spiffing') but, of course, we are not quite as quick as the USAF to conclude this matter. The wholly owned subsidiary of the White House (MOD) have informed me that when they eventually conclude, a Summary of Aircraft Accident will be issued. I have informed them that under the UK Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) I would like the complete findings. It seems strange that a UK citizen gets the complete USAF findings under their FOIA but our lot is not so forthcoming. Such a strange world.
Brian Young