PDA

View Full Version : Advice Please....

Easy226
15th Mar 2005, 15:44
Hi, Im curretly a PPL holder saving every penny for hour building in the summer. My friend who im at uni with also flies from the same airfield as me, however belongs to another club.

What we really want is to be able to fly a route together and share the legs and hence log the time seperatly. However the membership at his club is significantly greater than at mine and do not really want to pay for it just so we can share time. Is there any other way around the situation or will i just have to pay the membership?

Look forward to your replies

Many Thanks

Dan

Flyin'Dutch'
15th Mar 2005, 15:53
If you fly as P1 without being a member you may not have the appropriate insurance for the aeroplane.

For most clubs I understand that membership is a pre-requisite to be able to hire their machines for that particular reason.

Not all clubs/schools require membership though so you can ask or try a different club/school.

Easy226
15th Mar 2005, 22:39
Ok thanks very much for the information - i will have a look round the other schools! If no sucess then it looks like i will have to become a memeber at the two clubs.

Many Thanks

Dan