View Full Version : technical interview senario questions.....again!

cptlaury
14th Mar 2005, 21:36
Hi people, i have second interviews coming soon (second time), and i would like some answers of the following questions as they were asked on the day:

1: if you was handling a plane which was approaching to land at a particular air strip, but your supervisor has another plane which he wants to land before yours, what action would you take?
rights of way of landing applies?

2: if one day you was handling aircrafts directly from your fellow atco from another adjacent airspace sector, but your fellow atco had been out the night before (still not completely recovered. ie drunk), therefore he was passing more work to you than usual because of his state, what action would you take?
report him?

3: if you was in control of a particular aircraft which was flying through an airway but there was a thunder cloud (cb) straight ahead of it,
i)you cannot climb or descend the aircraft because of other aircrafts above and below it,
ii)you cannot direct it right because the zone is in range of a military missile firing area
iii)and cannot move it to the left, there is another aircraft within 5 nm of it.
What action would you take?

4:what is the minimum horizontal distance for a light or small category aircraft which is about to land behind a medium or large category plane and vice versa?
five and three miles?

cheers