PDA

View Full Version : Florida

146fixer
14th Mar 2005, 20:02
Guys and Girls,I am hoping to do some flying in Florida later this year.Can anybody recomend some companys to hire from. I have flown in Florida before a few years ago but dont want to rent from the same place.Also if anybody can recomend any where alse apart from Florida for flying in the US that would be a bonus.
Cheers All

Cusco
14th Mar 2005, 23:54
No contest: You've gotta try California/Nevada/Arizona/

Trawl the archives:

Me 'n' Keef did a tour almost exactly a year ago which was something else:

Rented from Brackett Field in LA.

However It's late and I' ve got an early start tomorrow.

Some other time mebbee.

Cheers

Cusco.

Davidt
15th Mar 2005, 13:11
Try EAA , Naples tel: 239 430 9220

Just got back, hired a brand new 2005 C172SP @$119/hour.

Wonderfull day out: down the Everglades, left turn at the end, turn right at Key Largo, follow the road til it runs out - Key West.

Dead easy two hours, even the Missus enjoyed it!

:cool:

Sensible
15th Mar 2005, 15:35
Sunstate aviation at Kissimmee Gateway new 172SP's easy to get along with crowd too. Rented in December. Just a tip, ask how busy they are and how many hours a day they want on the aircraft per day for you to take it away. Also, what is the fuel credit on fuel drawn at away airfields. If you don't want JAA instruction, just about anywhere will rent you an aircraft. Sunstate is useful if you fly "My Travel" and get an Orlando flight and hotel package which will be pretty close to the airport. As Cusco says, you can't beat California except in the winter when it's fffreezing in California and sunny in Florida, Conversely, Summer in Florida is unbearable wheras California is heaven especially in the mountains!