PDA

View Full Version : ZimBOBwe Instructors to teach SAAF pilots ..

Gunship
13th Mar 2005, 10:37
:mad: :mad: :mad: I think it again a tad of bad journalism .. most probably just exchange instructors. In my time they where normally from Israel, Chile and Korea ... :hmm:

From Rapport : Will search for English version..

Zim-instrukteurs gaan vlieëniers van SA leer vlieg
LOUIS OELOFSE

Studentevlieëniers van die Suid-Afrikaanse Lugmag (SALM) gaan voortaan deur vlieginstrukteurs van Zimbabwe opgelei word.

Die opleiding sal by die SALM se sentrale vliegskool by Langebaanweg in die Wes-Kaap gedoen word.

Die Zimbabwiërs sal na verwagting binne die volgende paar weke in die land aankom om die huidige groep Suid-Afrikaners wat besig is met opleiding by te staan.

Dié aankondiging is die afgelope week gedoen deur lt.genl. Carlo Gagiano, nuwe hoof van die SALM, op die parade waar vlieëniers wat hul opleiding reeds voltooi het hul vlerkies gekry het.

Gagiano sê die Zimbabwiërs se hulp is ingeroep omdat lugmagte op die sub-kontinent nouer wil saamwerk. :rolleyes:

Die aankondiging volg op 'n jaar waarin daar glo onregstreekse aantygings van rassisme was teen die huidige (hoofsaaklik wit) vlieginstrukteurs by Langebaanweg.

Duisende rande se skade is verlede jaar aangerig toe een van die studentevlieëniers 'n harde landing gehad het in 'n Astra-opleidingvliegtuig. Die studentevlieënier het etlike toetse gedruip, maar is nogtans toegelaat om voort te gaan met die kursus.

Ná die voorval het mnr. Mosiuoa Lekota, minister van verdediging, aangedui dat studentevlieëniers wat toetse gedruip het moontlik na Botswana gestuur gaan word "om vas te stel of hulle werklik gedruip het". :mad:

Gagiano sê hy is "absoluut tevrede" met die standaard van die Zimbabwiese instrukteurs. (CARLO : Always had a lot of respect for you mate ... but what a kak comment. - so he is also into CAF politics like Roelf Beukes ended up in.) :mad:

Die Zimbabwiese lugmag maak juis gebruik van 'n ouer weergawe van die BAE Hawk, wat die nuwe opleidingsvliegtuig vir Suid-Afrika se vegvlieëniers gaan word.

Solid Rust Twotter
13th Mar 2005, 10:49
They've broken all theirs, now they're coming to break ours? :yuk: :(

Gunship
13th Mar 2005, 10:51
Well said mate. Can you perhaps make a short English translation ? My knowledge of the Oxford dictionary is quite limited ;)

Vivaaa the old SAAF :ok:

Gunship
13th Mar 2005, 11:27
owe you a beer mate :ok: Many thanks SRT :ok:

Link to the web site : http://www.news24.com/Rapport/Nuus/0,,752-795_1675586,00.html

Mhhh wonder now how I saw your post and then thanked you for it and then suddenly my post is BEFORE yours ? :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Many thanks again SRT :ok:

Solid Rust Twotter
13th Mar 2005, 11:29
...A short precis.

Zim instructors to train SA military.

SAAF student pilots will be trained at Langebaanweg in the Western Cape by Zimbabwean instructors in future.

It was announced at a wings parade by Lt Gen Carlo Gagiano that the Zimbabweans will arrive within the next few weeks to train the current intake of pilots in an effort to work more closely with other regional Air Forces.

This follows unwarranted claims of racism against the current (mainly white) instructors at Langebaan.

Thousands of Rands worth of damage was done to an Astra (PC-9) trainer after a hard landing by a student who was repeatedly failed but still allowed to continue the course at the insistence of government officials. (My italics.) After the incident, Minister Lekota (Defence) stated that students who failed in future would be sent to Botswana to determine whether they "did, in fact, fail".

Gagiano stated that he was "absolutely satisfied" with the standard of the Zim instructors. (Guns' comment here...)

Zimbabwe uses an older version of the BAe Hawk, which will become the new trainer for the SAAF.

B Sousa
13th Mar 2005, 15:23
"Thousands of Rands worth of damage was done to an Astra (PC-9) trainer after a hard landing by a student who was repeatedly failed but still allowed to continue the course at the insistence of government officials. (My italics.) After the incident, Minister Lekota (Defence) stated that students who failed in future would be sent to Botswana to determine whether they "did, in fact, fail"."

Easy wasy to get rid of the Racism is to take these new Black Pilots and let THEM be the instructors. You would solve two problems. Eliminate any racism and eliminate most of the aircraft....

clipboard
13th Mar 2005, 19:52
:ok: Now Bert, thats a very sensible suggestion! I really do like it!:D

I.R.PIRATE
14th Mar 2005, 11:16
:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :yuk: :yuk: :{

Oh how the mighty have fallen. Gen Gagiano....very very sad that you have to be the mouthpiece that broadcasts this absolute drivel. A very good friend of mine who was one of the chief flight instructors down in Langebaan, was " asked" to take six months unpaid leave, due to him failing this exact student twice. He was told to return once he had corrected his racist attitude....:mad: .... As you all know, the rest is history.

I say let them have it all...just give the F:mad: g whole airforce to them, and let them complete the destruction of the previously excellent, now ridiculous SAAF. As an ex member it brings so much anger and resentment, but I do know there is nothing to be done about it. SAD SAD SAD :{

At least its noticed...........

B Sousa
14th Mar 2005, 13:56
IRP
In keeping with the times I guess the Saying should be........."Pass them all, let God sort them out."

Lesson One, Hour One.....This is the Aircraft, how do you like it.....
Lesson Two, Hour two...... Sipo, you are now ready to Solo, wait until Im off the airfield before you take off........

Stayinalive
14th Mar 2005, 15:52
From hijackers in our streets to hijacking our skies:yuk: Nothing surprises me:uhoh: think thet have work permits:p

Gauteng Pilot
17th Mar 2005, 18:24
And how about the impending "Aviation Charter" ?

Sexwale has already been talking to my boss about it

:ugh:

B Sousa
17th Mar 2005, 22:31
For those of us Ignorants (and Im third generation Ignorant) expound a bit on the "Aviation Charter"

Solid Rust Twotter
18th Mar 2005, 05:50
Sounds like another case of "Positive Discrimination" (Affirmative Action). Unfortunately, for those of us burdened with a paler hide, the discrimination remains a negative experience:(, no matter how much the powers that be hide the Zimbabwe-isation of the economy in a morass of jargon.

I always thought the whole "liberation struggle" was to ensure this kind of discrimination, based on race, never happened again? :rolleyes:

Grommet
20th Mar 2005, 22:04
Eish as they say in the movies. It sounds like the old dogs can't appreciate that the Brothers cannot be TOP GUN in one month. So maybe the landing was a bit hard. Isn't that what training aircraft are designed to handle. Big deal!!! We have been told that when Zuma takes over we will finally not have to answer to the Old Dogs. Give SA another 15 years and we will have an African Paradise where we don't have to perfrom tricks on demand for the Old Dogs.

alwaysinverted
20th Mar 2005, 22:26
What tricks? You are not able to learn any tricks from these "old dogs", because puppies like you simply just don't shape my boy. If you wanna p:mad: s with the big dogs, make sure you can raise your leg high enough.

Training aircraft are designed to take a punishing, but they are not designed to be destroyed by total incompetence. But then again, in your view, everything that goes wrong with your eliterate tribe, is blamed on "apartheid".

And I've got news for you. Schabir is gonna make damn sure that Jacob does'nt feature anywhere in a few years to come. Maybe you should join Patricia so that she can educate you. I must say, you are acting rather dumb!:{

B Sousa
21st Mar 2005, 02:25
Me thinks there may be a troll amongst the forum........ Certainly knows how to light the numerous short fuses...........
Relax Kiddies, this could be fun......Grommet may also have a short fuse, you just have to search for it........

Captain Pheremone
23rd Mar 2005, 07:18
always inverted----whoa boy!!!! I agree with you but lets not turn this into a slagging forum....just now it will end up like the justhelicopter forum where I can't believ how guys slag each other and the industry off.

Peace bro...! and fly safe......do we really believe that zim pilots will teach our pupes to fly????????

ettamakwetta
23rd Mar 2005, 08:03
Hey Folks

I think you guys should invest in Pilatus, seeing that it seems that they will have to replace many an airplane yet to come. It is a shame that the SAAF is not the SAAF we used to know, but I think the powers that be should insist on letting their failed students fly the VIP jets.

Fortunately the advances in automated piloting has come a long way, and we could automate all of the flight cycle. The only problem is that the passengers don't like this idea. Who knows, maybe they should have an option on flights where the passengers can vote for pilot/autopilot.

May the force be with you.

Gunship
28th Mar 2005, 10:24
Talked to an engineer on the Pilatus's at Langebaan yeaterday.

He reckons the airframes are badly corroded and has been for a while.

Maybe the ZimBO's are just there to chip the rust off during landings ;)

Grommet
28th Mar 2005, 16:47
Hey Brothers, what's up. So the little Swiss Aircraft cannot live by the sea well. I don't like the comment about Zim drivers chipping rust. But then again we are used to flying real machines - those built in the USSR. Now you have to agree the Red Brothers know how to build the machines !!!!

Gunship
28th Mar 2005, 17:39
Yeah mate on the trusty rusty ruskies I have only better than normal comments :ok:

The red brothers can build machines - yip but let's leave maintenance and " rebuilds" / serviceings to the imaginations :E

I.R.PIRATE
29th Mar 2005, 01:46
"But then again we are used to flying real machines"

Haha, thanks again Goffel, I love reading your posts, instant smile to my face. You havent even seen a real machine in your life before...no , the vibrator you ride is not a real machine!!!

Gunship
29th Mar 2005, 04:49
http://www.iol.co.za/data/picdb/d/8/picdb4247952ceaf4c

Deanw
17th Nov 2005, 10:46
News24: 17/11/2005

Zim to train SA pilots

Cape Town - Zimbabwean Air Force instructors are to be dispatched to South Africa to train local air force pilots under a memorandum of understanding signed between the two governments on Thursday.

Intelligence Minister Ronnie Kasrils said: "This initiative, involving seconding Zimbabwe's flying instructors to train SA Air Force pilots, aircraft technicians and support staff, follows a long tradition of training exchanges between our countries."

These included joint military exercises, peacekeeping training, defence management training, staff course visits, communication training, sporting activities and aviation safety.

Defence, security

Kasrils was addressing cabinet ministers from Zimbabwe and SA during the first meeting of a joint permanent commission on defence and security between the two countries.

In his welcoming address, he congratulated Zimbabwe on "great achievements" during its 25 years of independence.

He said: "Very heavy congratulations to these notable achievements at a time when Zimbabwe is facing challenges."

Zimbabwe's national security minister Dydimus Mutasa said good relations between SA and Zimbabwe were vital for the stability of the region.

He said: "The future of the region depends on the good relationship of our two countries. If there is conflict between our two countries, there will be no stable future in this region."

SAT_BOSS
17th Nov 2005, 11:17
What a sick joke ....

spikefm
17th Nov 2005, 12:03
ja manne, hier gaan ons alweer......

MysticFlyer
17th Nov 2005, 12:08
Well Zuma and the rest is actually taking care of themselves, hey Grommit? Eish, but now he's probably into "business"....

Importing from America, Israel, UK, no.......he's also, just like Nelson was (and Bob) looking - East. How can these monkies still have -ANY- following?

Said it before, ANC's address for long....during the "struggle" - was Zimboland.

Thanks to Grommit - we can now with his statements look forward to a rosy-coloured region. Methinks the millions of unsatisfied non-reflectives in the "region" will deal themself with the small amount of corrupt leaders - African style! :}

Show this to the masses and the "settlers" won't need to lift a finger. (Guess what, you guys actually proved you can't fly.)

They're already burning ANC posters!
:ooh:

mach decimal 83
17th Nov 2005, 16:17
if you take how long it takes, from the time the Griphens were ordered, till they will be delivered, I think they should start
ordering the next 24 now :E

captain cumulonimbus
18th Nov 2005, 21:03
Well, i think that about sums it up,i'm speechless!

Anybody know if this is true.I heard it on the news at 3PM on 702 yesterday.

cheers,Cb

Paterbrat
19th Nov 2005, 18:23
As a base and route instructor on Daks in EAA I experienced yet another truly exciting Kangaroo arrival at Mwanza from a Ungandan stude with connections and who long before should have been, but could not be failed.
The previous stops had been bad but this was a real Lulu and slightly unusual in the sheer volume of the clearly audible passengers screams in addition to the smashing crockery as we went from one side of the runway to the next in fifty foot bounds together frantic activity beside me on yoke and rudder pedals.
Having finally taken controll when it became evident that the finaly paralyzed student had given up the unequal struggle we taxiid in and came to a stop by the terminal.
Opening the window to get some fresh air I observed the long line of shaken and very stirred pax filing past the wing to terminal. One very smartly suited local individual spotted me and making his way round underneath the window looked up and remarked icely " The others were bad but Captain this last was a truly truly terrible and very dangerous landing!!"
My reply was very simply
"That sir is Nationalisation in progress!!" He looked puzzled for a moment, then frowned and walked away. The message had got through.

The addendum, some years later was that unfortunate then took out a bunch of passengers with him in a 707. He should never have been flying, for his own sake let alone others

MysticFlyer
19th Nov 2005, 22:18
21 hours were once logged at FASK in those baby mig's. The pupil from the elite high school nearby for whom this hours are paid for, up to his toothbrush, accomodation and meals, was the cream of the crop then. A very promising student.

This amount of hours it took him to sort out taxing on a white line on the tarmac!

Deanw
21st Nov 2005, 13:29
DA pans Zim pilot instructors

21/11/2005

Cape Town - The Democratic Alliance party has urged the government not to use Zimbabwean flying instructors to train South African Air Force (SAAF) pilots.

The DA's Rafeek Shah said: "The proposal is severely flawed on a number of accounts."

He was questioning if Zimbabwean Air Force instructors had sufficient knowledge of, or experience with, SAAF aircraft.

He said: "For example, they have no experience of our most-basic trainer aircraft, the Astra Pilatus."

His concerns came after a military agreement signed last Thursday between Zimbabwe and South Africa under which Zimbabwean flying instructors would train SAAF pilots.

Controversial arms acquisition process

Shah said: "Given that there are not even enough trained South African personnel to train pilots on the forthcoming Hawks, it is highly unlikely the Zimbabweans will be able to offer training assistance on these aircraft, let alone the even-more-sophisticated Gripen fighter jets."

Paying for Zimbabweans' training

He said these fighters, part of the country's controversial arms acquisition process, had highly sophisticated avionics, "much more advanced than anything to which the Zimbabweans would have been exposed".

He said there was every chance that, as a result of this agreement, the SA taxpayer would have to pay for Zimbabwean pilots to be trained on the new jets in order to train SA cadets.

He said: "It is morally bankrupt for SA to recruit instructors from the Zimbabwean military, given their appalling human rights record.

"It is truly bizarre that instead of sending a clear message that human rights abuses will not be tolerated, we have instead chosen to enter even closer co-operation."
News24

Paterbrat
21st Nov 2005, 14:41
Darn, there goes that free training on advanced jets... to train of course.

porridge
21st Nov 2005, 15:32
Of course this could be the plot of a great novel! The blurb on the novel cover could be:
" Small morally and financially bankrupt country uses a cunning plot to infiltrate a neighboring powerful and rich country's airforce with it's own pilots and then holds the county's government to ransom with a daring takeover of the county's new sophisticated fighter jets.
Will the plot succeed and allow the meglomaniac dictator to to assimilate the neighbour? Will this become a situation similar to the the Iraq invasion of Kuwait or will the West sit idly by as there is no oil interest?
A real page turner, the gripping plot becomes more daring as the novel proceeds!"
The Zimbobwe Herald

SAT_BOSS
23rd Nov 2005, 13:28
Ehhhhh He He well I broke and I fly and I expropriate How wonderful to see our Government so close to a dictator that rightsizes everything .... Ha but good news is that the ou manne can always take on the new SAAF with Microlights in a Gunfight and win

Sad Sad Sad

Proud Old SAAF Boytjie