PDA

View Full Version : Aviation Studies

rej
11th Mar 2005, 18:01
Can anyone out there help me please.

I am curently employed as a mil air traffic controller but would like to extend my education & CV in the aviation field.

Does anyone out there know where I can do (in the UK) a foundation correspondance course/distance learning/C&G in AVIATION STUDIES.

In anticipation .....thanks

Genghis the Engineer
12th Mar 2005, 14:10
What do you mean by Aviation Studies exactly?

G

Spitoon
13th Mar 2005, 08:17
Try searchig the internet. Here's a start for you (http://www.city-and-guilds.co.uk/pls/cg2/pkg_cg_qualfind.prc_result?p_runmode=L&p_name=id&p_id=20783&p_name=scheme_no&p_scheme_no=7280&p_name=level&p_level=All%20Levels)

rej
13th Mar 2005, 18:59
Spitoon

Thanks for the link.

However, the customer service desk at the City and Guilds are as much use a a chocolate fireguard. I spent a graet deal of time on Friday pm on the phone to them. First of all dspite me quoting the course number they were totally unawrae of it, then they could not tell me of any colleges that do the course or if it was available by correspondance. They told me that they would email a list of colleges they work with and then I could phone each of them to see if the course was available. I phone 2 colleges recommended by the post code search and they no longer offer the course. Hence my post.

Genghis the Engineer
14th Mar 2005, 01:57
What do you actually want to study?

- Management, specific to aerospace?

- Engineering - for example the design and analysis of aircraft designs?

- Aeronautical Science, which would be similar to Engineering but not necessarily containing the strict minimum content set down by various engineering governing bodies?

- How to fly?

- Systems engineering - for example the design and analysis of aircraft control systems, ATC electronic systems?

And for that matter, where are you starting? Are you a graduate?, if so is it in a mathematical / scientific subject?

All of these are quite critical in being able to answer your questions.

G