PDA

View Full Version : LGW - Lambourne SID - Aerad

Butter side-up
11th Mar 2005, 15:36
I have been looking at the above SID in an Aerad booklet and am unsure of the way that the altitude restrictions work on the LAM4M and LAM4V SIDs.

What is the stop altitude for these SIDs? The text indicates that you must not be above 4000' by DET 29D, must be at 5000' by DET 15D and must be at 6000' 10D from LAM. When you are cleared for the SID - are you effectively cleared all the way to 6000' provided that you stay within the above parameters - or are you cleared to one of the earlier altitude "gates"?

The reason for my question, is that on all the SIDs that I have previously looked at, the final stop altitude of the SID has been shown as in a black box (reverse text) with the not above and not below bars on it. However, this does not seem to be the case here.

Any throughts?

Thanks

Northerner
11th Mar 2005, 16:16
Haven't looked at the Aerad version of this for a while, but from an ATC perspective:
You are cleared to 6000 feet, but with the stop offs at 4 and 5. This is to ensure separation from the Heathrow Dover Sid. I'll explain that more if you need me to.
If on first contact all the controller says is Squawk Ident, then you would simply follow the sid as printed, is climb to 4, then at the specified points climb to 5 and then 6. Although usually the controller will have got you climbing long before then.

Cheers,
N

"Keep smiling, it makes people wonder what you're up to..."

Captain Airclues
11th Mar 2005, 16:30
Butter side-up

The figure in the black box is the initial stop altitude, not the final stop altitude.

Airclues

Butter side-up
11th Mar 2005, 17:41
Thanks for the advice - that has clear this up nicely.

All the best.