PDA

View Full Version : 100% cotton airline pilot shirt

vladimir ivanovich
10th Mar 2005, 21:45
Hi there,

Would anyone kindly let me know where to buy a decent 100% cotton airline pilot shirt (with epaulets, two flap pockets, pencil slot) please?
I've been surfing internet & found that all pilot shops can offer is a (roughly) 60% cotton/40% polyester.
I'm going to work for few months in a very hot & humid place, so just wanted to get something more appropriate for that climate.

Thanks,
Vladimir Ivanovich

Rainboe
10th Mar 2005, 22:01
If it is Far East or India, you will be able to get shirts made to your size cheaply in those areas.

VIKING9
10th Mar 2005, 22:53
Try here Transair (http://www.transair.co.uk/product4.asp?SID=2&Product_ID=874)

SHortshaft
11th Mar 2005, 00:15
I would agree that you will probably be able to get a shirt of better quality and price at your country of destination.

However, I work in a hot & humid area and fly low level in aircraft without air-conditioning and wear a cotton / polyester shirt. A small percentage of polyester (maybe less than 40%) has a number of advantages (ease of washing, better wear, less change of colour, etc).

100% cotton may not be the best answer unless you think that there is a significant danger of a flash fire!

Pilot Pete
11th Mar 2005, 12:29
Nightmare to iron and look like you haven't bothered 10 minutes after wearing......get some good old man made fibre content;)

PP

Boss Raptor
11th Mar 2005, 12:35
Hot and humid - I recommend from experience cotton and linen mix or 'poplin' although you are likely to have to get these specially made - worth a shopping trip to Dubai with a standard airline shirt as example pattern

The Real Slim Shady
11th Mar 2005, 17:33
Bangkok.
Cotton / silk mix, $12 each. Measure and order 1 day, ready the next.

Soliciting Stu
12th Mar 2005, 14:35
Try here. Not 100% cotton, but 84% and come highly recommended!

I believe these are LH issue & favoured by many above standard company issue. Hope this helps!

http://www.olympstore.de/catalog/catalog/catalog/product_info/shop/default/cPath/24/Pilot-Hemden/Pilot-Hemden.html

vladimir ivanovich
14th Mar 2005, 20:25
Thanks guys for all your replies!

:ok:

vladimir ivanovich

Jinkster
15th Mar 2005, 17:52
Try EBAY, I bought some cracking shirts from there!

Brand New!
;)