PDA

View Full Version : that website

thejakes
10th Mar 2005, 01:30
I've searched for hours but for some weird reason I can't find the website I'm desperately trying to remember the name of, and I know its on one of these forums somewhere.

It is a website that summarises all employment states within each airline, what their salaries are and their entry requirements etc. i.e. a very useful site. Can anyone help?

Also, I'm looking to build about 50 hours with a trip starting in a couple of weeks either from where I am at the mo (Florida) or in California (with my girlfriend). Can anyone suggest the better side of the country to tour, and if one can log P1 if sharing a flight with another fellow hour-builder?

Hope you can help,
thanks,

NZLeardriver
10th Mar 2005, 01:35
I think that the site you are refering to is

ppjn (http://www.ppjn.com)

Sans Anoraque
10th Mar 2005, 13:37
and if one can log P1 if sharing a flight with another fellow hour-builder? - Can for FAA, can't for JAA

California - better scenery, but will probably need some mountain training to see it.

Florida - easier, but weather more unpredictable. (Good time of year now though).

Piltdown Man
14th Mar 2005, 17:36
Word of warning! Pitch up with 250 hours in you logbook and fly like someone with 300 hours, then you are a hero. Fly like someone with 300 hours when you have 1,000 hours recorded - then you will be thought of as slow and below average. And then you ask for a job...

FlyingForFun
15th Mar 2005, 10:33
and if one can log P1 if sharing a flight with another fellow hour-builder?- Can for FAA, can't for JAATrue that you can't for JAA.

For FAA, it is true that both of you can log P1, but only if one of you is flying the aircraft using a view-limiting device and the other is acting as a safety pilot. At least that's the way I've always understood it.

FFF
--------------

Julian
15th Mar 2005, 11:24
And you are rated for the aircraft, i.e. if you are only SE rated and your mate is under the hood but you are flying in a multi then tough! You cant log it.