PDA

View Full Version : Doncaster Sheffield ATC

bigflesh2005
9th Mar 2005, 13:51
Hi gang,

I have a question for you ATCO's re the new airport in South Yorkshire....

I am keen to understand the likley flight routings for IB & OB aircraft to/from DCA. I will try to explain with my somewhat limited/general understanding of ATC, however I understand that departing ad arriving a/c are usually vectored to the nearest reporting points in the area before hand off to area ATC/National ATC or indeed approach control.

In Doncaster/Sheffields case....

1. Would a southerly arrival routing Daventry to Trent beacons be asked to fly direct DCA on leaving Trent?

3. Would an easterly arr. routing under the control of London ATC to Ottringham and Goles, be allowed direct DCA from Goles?

4. Would a westerly/Northerly arrival routing Deans Cross to Pole Hill/Upton be allowed a Direct to 8 mile final from POL or Upton?

If not, what would be classed as a standard routing? (I understand SID's and STAR's are not yet in place)

and would any of the above become routine/business as usual?

Thanks in advance!

squibbler
10th Mar 2005, 07:23
Funny, just seen the exact same post under Airlines, Airports & Routes - Doncaster / Finningley. Surely you're not duplicating posts are you :oh: :confused:

Legs11
11th Mar 2005, 16:01
I'm sure that these sort of things have been agreed by now, but whether it's general knowledge, you'll have to wait and see:ok: