PDA

View Full Version : Interesting Aircraft in Dallas, TX?

topcat450
8th Mar 2005, 13:10
I'm going to be in Dallas in a month or so, and whilst there I would like to take the opportunity to get airborne - and with the dollar rate as it is, going up in something 'interesting' might for once be affordable.

So does anyone know anywhere in & around there that has interesting aircraft available for rent? (with an instructor)

By interesting I don't just mean top of the range stuff - but basically anything above a bog standard cessna/piper, and is capable of a few aeros perhaps along the way.

Ta in advance.

TC

Grass strip basher
8th Mar 2005, 17:51
You could always try the Cavanaugh Flight museum at Addison Airport just outside of Dallas if you feel like something a bit exotic.

They have both Texans and a Stearman if I remember correclty that you can take up and throw around the sky under the guidance of an instructor.

They have a website if you google the museum name

GSB:ok:

Onan the Clumsy
8th Mar 2005, 21:57
There is (or at least there was) an outfit at the North end of Rockwall airport whose name I forget that does an aerobatic course. They have the usual decathlon type stuff, but they also have (or at least had) a Micco. That would be pretty cool.

Make sure you go to the Cavanagh Museum in Addison and the Frontiers of Flight museum at Love Field in Dallas. Both excellent museums.

There's (or at least used to be) a B36 out in Fort Worth. There's a B17 in Fort Worth too and there's an excellent aircraft museum in Galveston for a day out.

Then for getting up in the air, there's skydiving and gliders and autogyros :uhoh: as well as powered aircraft.

PM me with your dates.