PDA

View Full Version : Hours

Riviera 04L
5th Mar 2005, 19:45
I have recently completed Base Training with a LoCo carrier. Can anyone tell me how I should log the time in the log book. Also, I will be going Supernumary to Nice tomorrow. How should I log the time for that too?

I would appreciate any help on this.

Flughaven
5th Mar 2005, 20:30
For the base training should be logged as P1/s

nothing as a sup.

justathought
5th Mar 2005, 21:24
Dude....how come you ask such a basic question on this forum and get an answer from somebody you dont know who probably doesnt know your situation when you must be surrounded by check and training staff and other line pilots 30 hours a week who definately know your situation? Is the environment such that you dont feel like you can ask questions like that without looking like a dick?
Remember....ther are no stupid questions.....just stupid people.

Riviera 04L
5th Mar 2005, 21:27
You're right. As a new 200hr FO, I didn't want to convey to Captains that I can't even sort out my logbook nevermind an aeroplane. I'd rather look like a prat here then to have the guy sat next to me thinking I am completely useless. Inferiority complex perhaps. I take your point though.

IRRenewal
7th Mar 2005, 18:41
Since you were under training during 'base training' you log it as P.U/T.

You Gimboid
8th Mar 2005, 16:54
technically you should log it as dual!

F/O
8th Mar 2005, 17:41
Which LoCo is it???

The Real Slim Shady
9th Mar 2005, 12:41
Riviera,

SImple answer is when you are the 'sole manipulator of the controls' i.e. you are PF for that sector, you may log it as P1. Until you have a full ATPL you should have your book signed by the captain tho. When you are PNF log that as P2.

And any TC worth his salt wouldn't think it was a daft question, that's what we are here to do, answer questions and improve your knowledge. Remember, you are the TC's 'customer'; he / she is there for you, not the other way round.

PPRuNeUser0172
9th Mar 2005, 17:40
Rivieria

Please tell me which airline you fly for, then I know which one to avoid. You sound like a complete ******** my friend who should not be trusted with anything more complicated than a log book;)

Pub User
9th Mar 2005, 17:50
IRRenewal and You Gimboid are both correct.

From LASORs:

"Pilot under instruction for the purposes of gaining a licence or rating, or for conversion to an aircraft type within an aircraft rating group or class."

Must be entered as P/UT and the time entered in the 'Dual' column.

You can log supernumary as SNY, and enter the time in the 'any other flying' or spare column.

Riviera 04L
9th Mar 2005, 19:46
Guys,

IRRenewal and You Gimp - Thanks for your help on this. Really appreciate it.

F/O - It's EZY

Marshall Mathers - Thanks for the pointers. I will speak up from now on. Just as an aside, all the TC's I've flown with here are top bananas. I will start asking questions from now on and not be shy about it. Let me think, 5254, leave system, GDOs, IDOs, and other DOs...

Dirty Sandy - Nothing beats a bit of banter eh!

Drunkard - Thanks for the LASOR reference.

Nice was great. What an impressive view on the Riv approach! All the hard work is 'paying off'!

Thanks again. PPRuNe at it's best - helping each other out.

BlueEagle
10th Mar 2005, 09:28
Unless things have changed under JAA, (and I believe a lot has), when you fly as the 'sole manipulator of the controls', in other words PF, you can log it as P1U/S or P1S until you are the nominated commander of the aircraft, i.e. the captain, not simply P1, but you do log it in the P1 column of your logbook.

Some years ago a colleague went for an interview with a well known UK charter company, he had not logged anything except his previous line training as P1U/S, everything else as either P1 or P2, he was told they would reconsider his application when his log book was in order! Extreme to be sure but it made the point and he eventually got the job.