PDA

View Full Version : Cessna 182RG / T182RG wanted

FullyFlapped
28th Feb 2005, 20:50
Hello guys,

A friend of mine is interested in obtaining a good C182RG or T182RG, preferably with de-icing. Unfortunately, without going across the pond, these things seem to be doing a good job of emulating rocking-horse droppings ....

Soooo ... any of you fine aviators know of one for sale anywhere please ?

Many thanks !

FF :ok:

pistongone
28th Feb 2005, 20:52
with the dollar @1.92 today i would have thought going cross the pond and a ferry flight adventure bringing it back etc would have been all the excuse you wanted for a proper flight

nouseforaname
1st Mar 2005, 06:43
I know where there is a T182 for sale but not retractable I don't think. Do you def. want a retractable?

By the way I don't think you can get a Cessna 182 with de-ice I don't think they ever came with it. You prob. won't even find it as an after mod because of the struts. The most de-ice equipment you will get will be a hot prop.

TD

FullyFlapped
1st Mar 2005, 09:37
Yep, my mate is definitely looking for a retractable, but thanks anyway. And you certainly can get de-iced 182RGs (I've seen one, so has my friend) : TKS do an after mod evidently.

Cheers,

FF :ok:

ozplane
1st Mar 2005, 10:23
Try Dave Morris at Just Plane Trading. If he hasn't got one he'll know a man who has.

nouseforaname
1st Mar 2005, 11:04
I didn't think that you would be able to get de-ice on a Cessna 182 but obviously i'm wrong. Doubt it would clear you for FIKI though.

used to fly a Reims T182RG which was a mighty machine used to do 160KIAS at 2k feet.

good luck with finding a plane.

Tinstaafl
2nd Mar 2005, 01:16
BN2s can be cleared for flight into known icing with their legs always in the breeze so I can't see why a strutted Cessna can't.

nouseforaname
2nd Mar 2005, 07:34
Well i imagine by looking at the caravans, which are cleared for known ice, that you would have to have the struts deiced because they do.

Ojuka
3rd Mar 2005, 13:00
T182RGs fetch premium money in the UK. Not sure TKS is an approved mod in the UK but I know of an N reg one in the UK with it fitted. I am guessing but I think £20k would be the cost of a retrofit.

Two turbo 182RGs for sale in UK that I know of. Be prepared for around £35k for a factory remanufactured engine at overhaul time. Normally aspirated engines are around £22k fitted.