PDA

View Full Version : Loss of Thrust on Both Engines B767 variants.

Hudson
26th Feb 2005, 10:57
The Loss of Thrust on Both Engines Recall Items for the B737 Classics and NG do not include thrust lever closure as part of the immediate drill. The FCTM explains why this is so.

In the case of the B767, it seems that some company promulgated QRH Recalls do require throttle closure as part of the immediate drill. I would like to know if the Boeing published QRH Recalls include leaving the thrust levers alone or immediately closing the thrust levers as part of the Recalls? Does it depend on the type of engine installed on the 767? Also can anyone quote the Boeing published FCTM B767 advice on the subject.

763 jock
26th Feb 2005, 12:00
767 GE "Dual Engine Failure". Boeing QRH.

ENGINE START SELECTORS (Both)................................FLT
THRUST LEVERS (Both)............................................CLOSE
FUEL CONTROL SWITCHES (Both).......CUT OFF, THEN RUN

CREW................Pray!

Hope this helps!

Hudson
27th Feb 2005, 00:13
767 Jock. Thanks for that. Any idea what the QRH drill is for 767 Pratt and Whitney powered engines is?

4040N
28th Feb 2005, 17:17
The QRH drill is for 767 P&W powered engines is the same as for the GE powered model.

Hudson
1st Mar 2005, 12:47
Well I'll be damned! I saw with my own eyes a Boeing 767 QRH three years ago that made no mention of thrust lever positioning. Maybe Boeing has amended the procedure since then.

Can anyone tell me how I can download the engine manufacturer's link to the now current B767 QRH's for both engine types?

Offchocks
2nd Mar 2005, 00:52
Rollers also require thrust leavers closed, the change in procedure came in about two years ago.

Menen
3rd Mar 2005, 11:56
Rollers? Are we talking about dual flame-outs or touch and go landings here?

atyourcervix73
3rd Mar 2005, 17:37
I dont think the Boeing Tech peeps are writing the QRH manuals anymore, its more likely the legal department is:}

Offchocks
4th Mar 2005, 04:26
Menem ....... could it be that the term "Roller" is an affectionate nick name for the RollsRoyce engine for those of us that fly or service it? Perhaps the term "Roller" is a little too low class for you? :rolleyes:

Menen
4th Mar 2005, 09:29
Off Chocks. That was a little bit unfair, old boy. It was not a case of my being a smart-arse, it's just that I had never heard of the word roller meaning apparently a Rolls Royce.

Offchocks
5th Mar 2005, 12:49
Menen......sorry I took it for a smart-arse comment, perhaps I should not be so sensitive.