PDA

View Full Version : Aircraft Dummy Weapons

HEDP
26th Feb 2005, 08:53
I've asked several people and no-one seems to know where I can find out if an aircraft carrying obvious dummy weapons should declare it either on RT or flight plans etc. It can be quite difficult to tell the difference visually so would it alleviate RT questioning if this were to be 'declared' and indeed is there a requirement to do so? I understand there is a requirement to declare live ordnance however!

Any help appreciated,

HEDP

stillin1
26th Feb 2005, 16:47
HEDP
In what context are you asking the question? I can find, and know not of, any requirement to annotate flight plans. Nor any requirement to tell ATC. Live ordinance is anuvver issue - (security / safety and all that) :cool:

ADIS5000
26th Feb 2005, 17:59
HEDP,

Why d'ya wanna know?!

Regards, ADIS

SirToppamHat
26th Feb 2005, 21:03
Strange Question.

Live-armed ac launching in UK would be unlikely to be filing a flight plan!

I would always state that the ac is 'live armed' in relation to a PD or when handing over to another controller or agency.

Don't know about bombers. Do practice bombs count as live ordnance?

As for 'dummy ordnance' why would it be an issue?

STH

Canary Boy
26th Feb 2005, 23:02
I agree with STH and ADIS5000, odd question and why do you want to know? :uhoh: If it's an "ovious dummy weapon" what's the problem??

(PS - do you know the difference between live, practice and dummy?)

Lon More
27th Feb 2005, 10:51
HEDP, I could tellyou, but I'd have to kill you first :O

El Grifo
27th Feb 2005, 11:07
Nah, best just kill him now just to be sure !!

:ok: :cool: :ok:

HEDP
27th Feb 2005, 14:30
My aircraft can fly with practice (dummy) ordnance on the outside of the aircraft that may cause a stir were I to pitch up for a 'civvy' refuel and the like where they were perhaps not conversant with the weapon markings. Hence should it be included in a pre-note, flight plan or otherwise?

Canary Boy
27th Feb 2005, 17:23
My aircraft can fly :confused:
If your ac can fly etc, you must surely have access to the information you seek at base - why ask here? (Not being deliberately obstructive, but it does seem a tad odd)

Assassination is looking to be the favourite option :E

HEDP
27th Feb 2005, 17:52
Ah well, a well meaning request for a pointer that didn't survive contact. Guess I'll just carry on and not bother asking, seems the only way to get on. Nothing in the books but a common sense feeler for opinion bites the dust, thanks all the same,

HEDP

Lon More
27th Feb 2005, 17:59
HEDP Don't give up too easily. You've only recently joined the mob here; as it says at the bottom of the pageAs these are anonymous forums the origins of the contributions may be opposite to what may be apparent. In fact the press may use it, or the unscrupulous, to elicit certain reactions.,

We have seen too many journos, sickos, etc. trawling for info here that a flippant approach is often adopted.

As someone said, surely this info is available from your employer?

VP8
27th Feb 2005, 18:45
If your ac can fly etc, you must surely have access to the information you seek at base - why ask here? (Not being deliberately obstructive, but it does seem a tad odd)

Hey Canary Boy

He could be flying a civilian owned warbird with replica ordanance and needs a sensible answer to a sensible question!!:=

VEEPS

Canary Boy
27th Feb 2005, 21:11
VEEPS

Absolutely old thing. :ouch:

Well HEDP - over to you....

Compass Call
27th Feb 2005, 22:23
HEDP

Are you perhaps flying an ex-military civil registered aircraft sutch as a Strikemaster?

CC

VP8
28th Feb 2005, 05:35
C B No probs :ok:

VEEPS;)

Spitoon
28th Feb 2005, 07:45
Simple answer to the original question - if you want to make people aware of anything in particular, put a RMK on the bottom of your FPL.

stillin1
28th Feb 2005, 17:05
I think I get where you are comming from now!! :ok:
Agree - you can add in the flt plan remarks section that you have "dummy whatevertheyares" and when talking to ATC at airfields you stop at - give em the heads-up that the "ac is Not - armed - the whatevertheyares are dummys" That should stop you being met by excitable chaps with real weapons. I also second the comment "We have seen too many journos, sickos, etc. trawling for info here that a flippant approach is often adopted". Don't chuck yer toys on the floor! Ask nicely whilst being specific.:cool:

av8boy
1st Mar 2005, 20:08
I'm unscrupulous. Unscrupulous but friendly.

That should stop you being met by excitable chaps with real weapons.

I'm not certain that this would be the case. The truly cunning terrorist will paint his or her REAL ordinance to look like dummy or practice ordinance. So, any law enforcement person worth his or her salt will check it out none-the-less. Honestly, if it were me and somebody DIDN'T come talk to me I'd be disappointed.

Dave

stillin1
1st Mar 2005, 20:50
Ah yes but we are talking about the UK here my dear fellow - far more polite and trusting don't you know old chap. We would never allow double-bluffing bounders like you fear in to the country! Over here the chaps that meet you would be unexcited, polite and well trained. They would also probably realise that flying around in broad daylight with a live armed ac is - a. unlikely and b. just plain ungentlemanly unless employed by Her Majesty. It's just not the done thing. Our terrorists are far more underhand, sneaky and unlikely to flaunt a shoot-me machine in public:cool:

sits back and waits to be proved wrong!:\

av8boy
2nd Mar 2005, 14:55
Last month as I was clearing passport control at Heathrow, one Charles Clarke himself appeared to be conducting an interview on immgration issues not ten feet from where I passed. If I, an obviously seedy, aviation type, can enter the UK literally under the gaze of the Home Secretary without so much as strip-search, you'll obviously let anyone in.

;)

stillin1
2nd Mar 2005, 15:17
av8
sadly - how true:cool: