PDA

View Full Version : human factors

Nats_p1ss
24th Feb 2005, 12:03
Only just joined but have been lurking for a while :O

Was looking at the course structure at Bournemouth and wondered what the 'human factors' bits are about.

Do you guys have to know about that stuff in the job or do other people deal with it. Not entirely sure what it is. Anyone help me out ?

mickrobbo
24th Feb 2005, 12:40
On the intro course you have about 16hrs on Human Factors...its broken down into sub-topics like Human Error, Human Information Processing, How People Learn etc etc...its a lot of psychology stuff really and most if not all on our intro course didn't enjoy it, but all got thru the exam, JUST in my case.

Inverted81
24th Feb 2005, 15:41
16hrs?? pah our course did 24!!! :ugh:
Its a lot of work for as it appears very little outcome, however, after sitting in at a unit for 10 weeks following the intro course i can now see why it is so important. Being able to recognise when things are goin pear shaped and stopping it happening, being the main thing that comes to mind.

U'll hardly do much more i'm led to believe for the rest of ur career, so soak it up, pass the test (we did a case study with q's on it) and u'll be away.

:}

Barry Cuda
24th Feb 2005, 15:48
Being able to recognise when things are goin pear shaped and stopping it happening, being the main thing that comes to mind.

That, in a nutshell, is how you do this job... You don't need 16/24/any amount of psycho-babble to teach you that, just a lot of experience, a pinch of luck and an inkling that something is going on!!!

Inverted81
24th Feb 2005, 15:55
Mr Cuda, it was ur fine colleagues that taught me that one ;) TMA airspace..... :ok: