PDA

View Full Version : Interview cancellation

smellysnelly2004
24th Feb 2005, 07:28
Just had a rather disappointing email from HR to let me know they have cancelled my interview (in 5 days) due to 'unforeseen circumstances'.

I'm a little annoyed at the lack of notice having taken time off work to study, arrange visits etc.

Is this a fairly normal occurence or have I just been unlucky??

Ryan

Nats_p1ss
24th Feb 2005, 12:42
Don't know the answer but if it was me I'd phone em up and find out why and explain about my situation. Most of these people have no idea how these kind of decisions effect others.

Just a thought

Raffles01
24th Feb 2005, 13:03
Hi Smelly!

What centre is your interview supposed to be at mate? Mine is meant to be in 5 days too, at Manchester.

Jerricho
24th Feb 2005, 14:18
As much as I hate to say it, welcome tot he world of NATS.

Same thing happened to a certain radar system :E

lobby
24th Feb 2005, 14:59
Affraid Jerricho has hit the nail on the head. The worlds best ATC working in harmony with the worst HR !

Stick with it chaps, don't let them bring you down :D

aaaabbbbcccc1111
24th Feb 2005, 18:47
Unlucky mate. The same happened to me in June 03 and I had to wait until Jan 04. I hope the same wont happen to you, but I got told about 3 different months the interviews would be held, but no specific dates. Its easy for me to say now, but the time will soon come round, just gives you more chance to get better prepared, just dont let it get you down to much, and keep researching ATC

smellysnelly2004
25th Feb 2005, 06:03
Thanks for the replies people.

I noticed this sort of topic in quite a few previous threads and feel less persecuted!

Going to get on with it and use the extra time for more learning.

Onwards and upwards...
:ok:

Raffles01 - Check your personal messages

bigflyingrob
25th Feb 2005, 07:26
Well take heart. I had an interview just before Christmas and heard nothing. I phoned up and they said I was top of their list and would come back to me. Four weeks later I still had heard nothing and then found out the bean counters had closed the entire department in the meantime!

tired-flyboy
25th Feb 2005, 07:33
5 Days is a luxury (spelling??)

I was given a days notice and then heard nothing from HR dept for about 8 months.

My advice is that if you haven't heard something in two weeks phone and if it goes another two weeks phone again!!

If your current employer will allow it try and be flexible as you may not get that much notice about interview, medical and even course starting.

I got 3 weeks notice about my interview (which was during exams!!), 10days notice for the medical and only about 4-5 weeks for the start of the course.

This sounds like a lot of time but i assure you it ain't!

sorry for the winge - its worth it when you get in - just be prepared for a lot of hard graft and long hours studying!!

:ok: