PDA

View Full Version : Twin or Turdine(single)??

zedflyer
23rd Feb 2005, 17:59
Question: for those who've been here. i have 1170, total flying time, of which 900hrs are on twin. i have an option of gettin onto a Caravan. now, would this be a wise move from a twin, to a turbine or not? later down the flying industry..
ppl of experience, i wld be greatful...

Miserlou
23rd Feb 2005, 21:01
I'd go for the turbine. You can cheat on your CV by combining the twin and turbine time. For example 1000hrs twin/turbine. What you don't write is that it is twin PLUS turbine rather than twin-turbine time.

You won't fool the chief pilot for long because they'll see from the types on which you have experience what you mean but you might fool the personnel department who will do the initial sorting for those with enough hours!

Onan the Clumsy
24th Feb 2005, 00:29
I'd go for the turbine time myself. 900 multi is pretty impressive and most people have the opposite percentage ratio. What's more twin time gonna get you that you don't already have? On the other hand, those turbines are expensive, so anyone who's eventually going to hire you to fly one will probably like the fact that you already come with enough experience to avoid cooking one.

Good luck too. :ok:

I'd stay away from the turdine though :}

Final 3 Greens
24th Feb 2005, 06:55
What the h*ll is a Turdine?

Is this some new type of green, eco friendly engine that runs on the fumes produced by natural by products of animals recycling grass? :}