PDA

View Full Version : Aircraft rental at Campbeltown??

Grob Driver
23rd Feb 2005, 15:22
Hi,

Just wondered if anyone knew if there was any aircraft rental available from Campbeltown in Scotland?

Any info would be gratefully received!

Many thanks

GD

NorthSouth
23rd Feb 2005, 21:10
You won't get anything there I'm afraid. Nearest would be Prestwick.

helicopter-redeye
24th Feb 2005, 08:16
Or maybe Oban.

Everytime I go to Campbeltown there's just me and about 10 firemen making sure that I don't set fire to anything. Not really a GA field in the 'based aircraft' sense.

Nice area to fly in thou' Bet it's nice today. Ho hum, back to work

:(

muffin
24th Feb 2005, 10:41
Nor at Oban I am afraid. I go to that area quite often and always pop in to see Paul and ask. There is nothing either fixed wing or rotary nearer than Cumbernauld AFAIK.

APRIANA
24th Feb 2005, 14:57
Try Glasgow or Prestwick flying clubs for rental. They are both roughly the same distance from Campbeltown.

Sassenach
28th Feb 2005, 11:52
Prestwick is much closer to Campbeltown than Cumbernauld! I can strongly recommend Prestwick Flying Club (www.prestwickflyingclub.co.uk). It's a proper members' club with a friendly atmosphere and the lowest hire rates you'll find. They also have a great range of aircraft for hire, including PA28, Bolkow Junior, Beagle Pup and Chipmunk.

helicopter-redeye
28th Feb 2005, 12:00
From bitter experience of the A74, its only closer if you are flying and that, I recall, was the initial problem ...

;)

flying snapper
28th Feb 2005, 13:21
Or you could try the PRESTWICK FLIGHT CENTER (01292 4765230). Pipers, Grummans, Cessnas 172, 152, 150s, Twins etc etc . All very nice smiling happy people, reasonable rates,clean toilets, with an almost constant boiling kettle! (in the kitchen not the toilet):ok:

piesupper
28th Feb 2005, 17:04
However rates _are_ cheaper at Prestwick Flying Club. Our toilets are clean too, but the kettle is only boiled when someone wants a cuppa meaning significant energy savings. Our state-of-the-art catering installation means both tea and coffee can be made available free on request. These days there is always real milk in the fridge, none of that powdered guff either.

Sassenach
1st Mar 2005, 12:45
I've never tried the tea and coffee at the Flight Centre - nor the toilets for that matter - but the Flying Club definitely has comfier chairs!

Grob Driver
7th Mar 2005, 07:14
Hi...

Just wanted to say a big thanks to all those who replied... If I do make it up that way, then I'll head over to Prestwick or Glasgow.

Many thanks

GD