PDA

View Full Version : London City airport

nouseforaname
23rd Feb 2005, 10:55
I was going to ring them up but couldn't find a number that could get me through to anyone worth talking to so I thought i'd try PPRUNE.

Does anyone know what the situation with flying a Single Engine aircraft, be it turbine or not, into Lon. City apt is? I seem to recall it being for twins only is this still the case?

Thanks. TD

Kolibear
23rd Feb 2005, 11:38
Have you tried looking in a Flight Guide?

AFE (2004) says " AD not available for use by helicopters, single-engined aircraft or recreational flights"

2Donkeys
23rd Feb 2005, 11:44
The same information also available in the AIP with is free...

Sir George Cayley
23rd Feb 2005, 19:04
But if you are in a PA28 running low on fuel .........

Then its OK

Just don't mis hear the clearance on departure!

Sir George Cayley

Fried_Chicken
24th Feb 2005, 17:43
However...

On the First Saturday in July (I think, not 100% sure), the airport hosts a funday/airshow (any proceeds go to a local Charity) after the airport officially closes at 1230. During this time, various single engined aircraft land & depart at London City & I do believe that it maybe possible to arrange to flyin (they usually accept about a dozen visiting aircraft aswell as the display aircraft - usually various Warbirds, Pitts, Su26 etc..)

This is the ONLY day single engined aircraft are allowed to use London City.

Maybe somebody else has more specific details about the event & the possibilities of flying in (nice destination to get in the logbook)

Fried Chicken

Zlin526
25th Feb 2005, 09:07
Fried,

The Airport hosts a small event for the locals in July, but visitors are invited by the organisers, and tend to be either support for the displaying aircraft, or something to do with the organisation. :ok: