PDA

View Full Version : SPA IR Renewal

Jude
21st Feb 2005, 09:20
Does anyone have any recent experience of a uk/jaa IR renewal? My IR has been lapsed 12 months and now I have some cash to renew it. Obviously i'll need some revision first, but should i renew in a sim or a/c? I don't need the class rating and i'm looking for value for money.

18greens
21st Feb 2005, 21:31
Most people (in fact everyone I know) renews in the Sim. Renewing in the plane is pretty expensive (£300/hour vs £125)

The good news is the renewal is much easier than the initial (if you didn't know that already).

I hear Aberporth offers a good rate

http://ukga.com/aerodrome/view.cfm?aerodromeId=1001

Down 'n' Hanging
22nd Feb 2005, 16:33
Hi Jude

Have a word with the guys down at Flightpass, Exeter, www.flightpass.co.uk .

I recently renewed my IR with them, on recommendation from a mate of mine, and they were excellent. :ok:

It's all done on their FNPT II, configured as a Seneca III, and it's very realistic. The package they offer is up to 1.5 hours practice, and the duration of the test, again, up to 1.5 hours for £290.00. You pay direct to the Examiner his fee of £160.00. If you need any more practice time their rate is £145.00 per hour with first class instruction.

Considering the expense with renewing on an aircraft, I felt that this was great value for money. :D

Hope this helps, and good luck

D 'n' H