PDA

View Full Version : EK040 B777 at LGW? Diversion?

minibus3
20th Feb 2005, 21:28
Saw an EK 777 at LGW at around 1715z on Saturday. Apparantly is was EK040 from BHX.

Any news on the cause of diversion?

Brgrds,

minibus3

Captain Airclues
20th Feb 2005, 23:01
I believe that he left part of his rudder on the runway at BHX. When told of this, a diversion to LGW seemed sensible.

Airclues

nilnotedtks
21st Feb 2005, 05:47
It was not part of the rudder, it was part of a body panel

jettesen
21st Feb 2005, 05:51
what is it with emirates lately, they seem to be having quite a few emergencies or diversions.

fatbus
21st Feb 2005, 07:18
Oh really how many have they had?
And how many would you call alot?

nitro rig driver
21st Feb 2005, 08:16
jettesen

Oh really how many have they had?
And how many would you call alot?

and while your there lets see some real facts not just sun newspaper reporting

against how many total flts in their system
numbers of pax or revenue miles

sounds like a newsy bloke to me:mad:

TwinAisle
21st Feb 2005, 10:08
I never thought that I would be a witness to one of these events - but I was a passenger on the said EK040....

No screams. No panic. Just a professional crowd of people doing their job. We were almost over the Dutch coast when the Aussie captain announced that we had left a panel on the runway at BHX, and in the interests of safety, we were going to go to LGW to get it looked at. Dumped a bit of fuel, landed. Captain spoke to ground engineers, decided that it couldn't be remedied in a sensible amount of time (I understand - but don't know - that the panel was an inspection cover off the number 2 engine pylon).

We all got rerouted. Not really news at all - as I say, just a professional group of people doing the business, and doing it well.

Thanks to them all!

TA

jettesen
24th Feb 2005, 19:19
LGW, Goa and JNB to name but a few

40KTSOFFOG
24th Feb 2005, 19:28
Thank you Twinaisle,

How satisfying to get an intelligent respone to an incident so quickly. It restores my faith in humanity. Thanks

SecurID
27th Feb 2005, 16:12
Jettesen, EK do not fly to Goa.

What's your motovation behind slagging the company anyway? Their own pilots are doing it rather well on the middle East forum without outsiders slagging them as well!

jettesen
27th Feb 2005, 16:51
True, but the diversion was to goa!

since when was I slagging them?? all i said was they were having a few emergencies lately.........hows that slagging? think you're the one with the problem