PDA

View Full Version : circusair- All for Nothing

Magic Buff
16th Feb 2005, 23:46
We have been wondering, how the aviation business can continue in the vain that it has, when there are companies who will provide the very lowest quality of service for the very lowest amount of money, hence nothing for nothing, what kind of a strategem is this?:O

PapaRomeo
17th Feb 2005, 00:31
magic buff

circusair are thge same at ncl. they're crap but have the contracts they do because they offer them for nothing. unfortunatley a lot of airlines these days would rather pay next to nothing than have quality handling!

mickey71
17th Feb 2005, 01:28
and of course swissport dont undercut do they!they are cheaper
than servisair and look at the standard of handling!!!!

PapaRomeo
17th Feb 2005, 01:51
mickey71

Swissport dont undercut but they offer a much better standard of handling than those from the circus. At ncl everyone of us are cabable of producing our own loadsheets, at servisair they're all produced from an office in manchester. If i was flying an aircraft i would much prefere my paperwork to be produced by someone who has a hands on role within the turnaround than someone who hasn't even seen the a/c and is relying on what someone else has told them with regards to the weight and balance of the aircraft in question!

Who said i work for swissport anyway???

Maude Charlee
17th Feb 2005, 19:16
PR

Whilst Servisair at NCL is a station now operating under CLC from MAN, not all loadsheets are produced by them. We still do manual loadsheets and often produce our own computerised loadsheets when CLC is too slow or changes are required.

As for the info passed to CLC for the loadsheets, it all comes from exactly the same sources as the loadsheets produced in-house. I fail to see how this makes it any less accurate than one produced by the dispatcher at the gate. It is still produced in exactly the same way, using the same system, in accordance with the same airline specific instructions, and has the same checks carried out on it afterwards.

As for 'hands on', the only hands on people are the baggage lads, and I doubt yours are any more or less capabe than ours when it comes to producing loadsheets. Even when the job was done in-house by the load controllers, they saw no more of the a/c than CLC do.

<edited by admin>

Ladies and gentlemen, if you wish to abuse each other, please do it by Email or PM - not on a public forum. Genghis, admin.

urdy gurdy
22nd Feb 2005, 12:31
if i get my marching orders i aint gonna work for circusair
i have already decided my next career move when it all tumbles in at ncl

Topjet
22nd Feb 2005, 16:56
i have already decided my next career move when it all tumbles in at ncl

Sounds like you're getting worried about something?

Go-on suprise us with your next career move.......At a guess i'd say....Airside ops?

Tony Chambers
22nd Feb 2005, 21:17
MMMMMMMMM servisair, i tried a stint with them at LGW, wot a load of S H I T E. My fault for leaving KLM at LHR to move home and try my hand with a handling company, i was warned but i just didn't listen, silly me.:{

Cheers Buddy
23rd Feb 2005, 05:58
I cant believe there are still people out there who continue to believe that Circusair is some great company. Having worked for them myself for two years I know how bad they are. Unfortunately nowadays in a world of low-fares, airlines dont care about good service from handling agents they opt for the cheap option. Looking forward to the circus falling apart in LPL this summer with so many flights and so few staff to deal with them!!!

urdy gurdy
23rd Feb 2005, 13:34
airside ops - ha ha
you have to be joking
tower ranger go and chase that little bunny rabbit and blow its butt to bits with your shotgun
roger tower
i expect to be in the job i am doing for a while yet
i just always have a back up just in case
and it aint in the airline industry
but i aint budging yet
unfortunately you will have to continue to put up with
my droning voice - smiling face? and my attitude problem with everyone that surrounds me

phoenix son
23rd Feb 2005, 14:02
Chaps,

CLC as a concept is here to stay. I've never worked in it, although I know plenty of people who do, but if it works for major airlines such as SK/VS etc then let's face it, there must be some mileage in it...Doesn't mean I agree with putting all ones eggs in one basket though, there's no substitute for W+B trained guys at the turnaround...Sadly I hung up my Manual Loadsheet pen a while ago now to pursue other aspects of aviation...

Magic Buff
23rd Feb 2005, 16:17
CLC will not work, you need to be experienced with your own flights from your own airports in my opinion.
Cheers Buddy

lagerlout
23rd Feb 2005, 17:41
I have knwoledge of Servisairs operation through LPL and from what i have read here i can also add the following:

There Ops in LPL are very unporfessional, the ticket and customer service gals do a good job when you can get hold of them.

I am sure i seen them break the record in LPL for slowest turnaround ever on an air wales flight

For my money aviance are much better , more professional and slicker yet servisair get the majority of the contracts . I wonder if ezy regret moving ????

mickey71
25th Feb 2005, 23:30
well as for clc,i know quite abit i was actually involed in writing
some of the material for it!

so please dont try and speak to me about wt and bal for acft
whether it be in a state of the art office or a dispatch office.

now i know some horror stories,quite recently an easyjet
left stn a loadsheet was produced showing the baggage
weight alot less than actually checked in for the flight
and loaded in a completely different hold,how clever is that!

at the end of the day does not matter which handling agent
we all work for they are very much the same,poor pay,poor
rosters,expected to produce blood from a stone!

redfield
1st Mar 2005, 22:19
Maude Charlee: Your points are valid about load controllers not actually seeing an aircraft, but I'm curious; do you think CLC is a good idea? If as your post suggests you work for Servisair at NCL, the next natural step up the ladder from that position used to be errr.....load control. So where are you considering moving to next?

lagerlout: "Unprofessional" and "knowledge" ...but that's beside the point. Which Aviance station are you referring to as being better than Servisair?

Cheers buddy: I don't necessarily think that S'Air are a great company, but there are some people working for them who actually enjoy what they do. From what I've heard it sounds like you weren't too far off the mark where LPL is concerned though, seems to be a problem or two there.

Despite previous threads on the subject, I'm still trying to find out why particular stations' load control was centralised. Any ideas?

Knew I'd forget something: PapaRomeo: just because S'Air's loadsheets are produced at MAN doesn't mean that they can't all produce their own loadsheets. What's your point?

urdy gurdy
2nd Mar 2005, 08:26
mickey71 you raised you greatest point!!!
we are in this sh!t together
thats why when i change my job(possibly in 20 years) i will
be getting out of the airline industry

Maude Charlee
2nd Mar 2005, 11:30
Redfield,

Quite correct in your assumptions.

As for CLC, I have no great problem with it as it works as it was intended to do most of the time. However, I fail to see what it actually achieved. LC's are still all employed on the same T's and C's, albeit as Ops Assistants instead of LC's, and we still use them as an easily contactable link for comms with CLC. They still produce the occassional loadsheet when the Mancs are dragging their feet. When things go Pete Tong, we stay in house rather than fart around with MAN and get it sorted much faster.

As for the future - well, we'll see about that. Never wanted a desk job, and my sights are set (quite literally) much higher. ;)

PapaRomeo
2nd Mar 2005, 16:02
I'll admit it, not quite sure what the point of my post was (i was under the influence of a considerable amount of alcohol at the time but thats no excuse) Apologies to anyone at servisair if any offense was caused with the post (that was not the intention). As mickey and urdy gurdy pointed out, we're all in this **** together and while some of us love it and others hate it at the end of the day we've all got a job to do. probably another pointless post but i thought some people deserved an answer to their questions and others an apology! ;)

urdy gurdy
2nd Mar 2005, 21:10
hes going through the drunken emotional stage now!!

PapaRomeo
3rd Mar 2005, 10:42
He knows, he's been their many times before!;)

SamGuest
31st Jul 2005, 21:49
Anyone able to tell me the website of circusair?

flying_tyger
1st Aug 2005, 08:54
i used circusair last week for an urgent aid flight for niger - and then they tried to charge 20% penalty fee for late notification - which wasnt really helpful!! The attitude of the staff left a lot to be desired, given the situation! not really a company i'd like to work with again.

Magic Buff
5th Aug 2005, 17:43
Am not suprised with due respect that you got treated so badly with your aid flight to Niger, I am only suprised that the circus staff never took the aid themselves as they are that badly off, the un aid for work program must be in full flight (sorry about the pun)

bmibaby.com
19th Aug 2005, 17:03
When you look at the ridiculous shifts & the dire pay that the folks over at Servisair - GlobeGround get, it's not so surprsing to see why their staff are so surly, rude & on occasions aggressive towards their passengers. Whilst of course it's extremely unprofessional to take out your bad mood or bitterness on your customers, from time to time all of us have probably done it.

I'm not sure whether it's because their staff tend to be either very young or clearly have been in the industry for too long, but from experience, the staff seem to lack any sort of customer service skills.

Out of interest, at which bases are EasyJet still being handled by Servisair besides EMA? The sooner they go to Aviance or Menzies the better ...

Magic Buff
20th Aug 2005, 00:26
at the moment, they are handled by servisair at lpl and have been for 2 years prior to this it was Aviance from the begining, of course easyjet went for cheap instead of good, you get what you pay for, no disrespect to many current servisair employees, they work hard and are conciencious, but really have no chance when run in that fashion as they are.
At the end of the day there are only 2 choices
1. cheap and nasty
2. Dear and good

you cannot have cheap and good easyjet, this does not exist!

Fernando_Covas
20th Aug 2005, 10:28
Out of interest, at which bases are EasyJet still being handled by Servisair besides EMA? The sooner they go to Aviance or Menzies the better ...

We are handeled by the Circus at BRS and CWL when we make the occasional visit.

Maude Charlee
20th Aug 2005, 16:26
Easyjet are welcomed into the Big Top at NCL too, although I strongly suspect (if current rumours are true) that it won't be for much longer. Looks like too long a period of inaction and incompetence is going to see the station lose a number of contracts (EZY, FR, XLA, MYT, SN and AF all very unhappy), and the blame doesn't lie with the ramp staff for once. Looking forward to seeing a few familiar faces at the dole office. :*

Magic Buff
21st Aug 2005, 20:04
Ezy handled by the circus at lpl as well

Taffer
22nd Aug 2005, 11:43
EZY is handled by Servisair at GLA too - great bunch of dispatchers/PSAs, but there are rumours of a takeover by Menzies or P*ssport when the handling contract is renewed later this year.

Cheers Buddy
22nd Aug 2005, 12:46
Looks like EZY are abandoning Circusair everywhere. LPL will be next - rumour has it Menzies will take them.

Long live ZE BUFF!!!
RIP eggpops8/cwlllpl/03headsetman

Yeah Whatever
28th Aug 2005, 09:12
Can anyone confirm what air aarans plans are for lpl?

rofan1010
30th Aug 2005, 19:56
i really don't care what circusair get up to, but what bothers me is the fact they don't mind who walks in on them in hangar 4 and try to encourge others to join in there little choo choo!! train they have going on in their.

Maude Charlee
14th Sep 2005, 19:39
Ooops-a-daisy. It isn't me, honest. :O You might think that, I couldn't possibly comment. :E

redfield
15th Sep 2005, 19:19
It isn't me either MC!!

hope2leavesoon: I don't necessarily agree with everything you wrote, although there are some alarming similarities at my station pertaining to aspects of the operation that could so easily be improved upon if only people would listen to some of the ideas that minons like me have from time to time.

I hope that the pegs don't come out, although it would be satisfying if some of the guy ropes were tightened up a little.:uhoh:

Topjet
16th Sep 2005, 13:43
Not me either!! :ok:

Maude Charlee
16th Sep 2005, 15:27
That's very forgiving of you TJ. I take it you're sober now? ;) :ok:

redfield
19th Sep 2005, 20:14
hope2leavesoon:

Just explain, but be constructive about it! I've frequently been EXPECTED to "run about like a blue a**** fly," but I never did and never will.

Cheers Buddy
20th Sep 2005, 07:48
Yeah thats because your lazy!!

rofan1010
20th Sep 2005, 07:56
<deleted by admin>

Ladies and gentlemen, if you wish to abuse each other, please do it by Email or PM - not on a public forum. Genghis, admin.

ops 69
20th Sep 2005, 08:03
well that says it all does anyone have any information if servisair is up for sale again i belive a deal could be done between aviance and menzies that could throw a spanner in the works at liverpool with easyjet

i.have.turetes.badly
20th Sep 2005, 08:10
i believe she's doing fine.

i just asked her.

urdy gurdy
22nd Sep 2005, 20:53
i aint got out yet

14loop
28th Sep 2005, 13:21
:mad:

Why get at Servisair... all ground handling companies are crap these days.... Servisair are no better or worse than Aviance,swissport,menzies or anyone else... they all do the job as cheap as possible to get the contracts and then pay the staff crap to do the work!!!!

i.have.turetes.badly
1st Oct 2005, 14:30
anyone seen redfield??????

Cheers Buddy
2nd Oct 2005, 20:47
I've heard Redfield has gone for a snooze by a quiet pond!!!

redfield
4th Oct 2005, 15:58
I'm still here, and I didn't find any ponds as I wasn't looking for any.

Anyway back to reality, reference 14loop's comment that Servisair "always do the job as cheap as possible." Not really true, as I believe they recently lost a contract because they wouldn't reduce their rates to below that of the other agent in question. And if Servisair are "no better than Aviance or Menzies" how come ThomsonFly agreed a ten year handling contract with them?