PDA

View Full Version : Wanted: IFR Tourer for day-trip to France - Oxford/Wycombe area.

Dusty_B
16th Feb 2005, 15:35
Boys and girls,

I've offered to fly the in-laws to the chateau in NW France where they spent their honeymoon for their wedding aniversary next month. However, Father is worried that Mother will not be too keen to jump in my poor old Jodel (heart wrenching :ouch: ), so he would be willing to shell out a little more to get a 'modern' aircraft on the case.

To make the most of the day, I'm looking for a fast-ish IFR equiped tourer, based either at Oxford or Wycombe (or somewhere equally close by - they live on the M40 between the two!).

Any one here know of (or have) a suitable aircraft they'd be willing to hire out for the day? I'd be happy for them to come along for the ride given that I wouldn't be happy handing my aeroplane over to a stranger!!!

Cheers my dears.:ok:

Brooklands
17th Feb 2005, 12:41
Dusty,

I know (because I'm a member) that Wycombe Air Centre have IFR equipped 172s and a 182s (three of the 172s are the new model S with the Nav II fit, as is the fixed gear 182).

The British Airways club have a PA28-235, which I would assume is IFR equipped, and several Warriors (Aussie Andy would know for certain).

Brooklands

Pronto
17th Feb 2005, 14:26
Try Enstone Flying Club at Enstone, Oxon ('bout 18 miles north of Oxford).

They've got a TB10 (which I assume is IFR fit), a TB 200 and a TB 21.

One of those must surely suit!

01608 678204.

P