lez
16th Feb 2005, 14:52
its crash after landing on the runway

link to story http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/south_yorkshire/4271447.stm

Dusty_B
16th Feb 2005, 15:05
... nosewheel collapsed on runway.

That isn't my definition of a crash.

If the suspension of my car gave way why driving down the road, and I brought the car to a stop without hitting anything, would that be a CRASH is the eyes of the media?

:hmm: :mad:

lez
16th Feb 2005, 15:28
how do you know its not hit anything???

the two ppl on board the light aircraft could be seriously hurt!!

Dusty_B
16th Feb 2005, 15:48
:suspect:

Yeah. Lots to hit on an international dimensioned runway at a speed between 0kts and 70kts...

That doesn't detract from the fact that PoB could be injured, but it is an Incident not a Crash.

ShyTorque
16th Feb 2005, 16:00
Gosh, that was exciting....... :bored:

Whirlybird
16th Feb 2005, 16:50
Errr......the BBC link describes it as a non-reportable incident, with no-one being hurt. Now, I know this is a Rumours forum, but how did ANYONE manage to translate that into a crash? !!! :confused: :eek:

airhumberside
16th Feb 2005, 17:23
The article originally said a crash and so did the 3.20 local news

Chilli Monster
16th Feb 2005, 19:37
I suspect this may be down to possible 'snottygrams' sent to the BBC about "oversensationalist" reporting. I sent one - I suspect I wasn't alone.

Droopystop
17th Feb 2005, 08:13
It never ceases to amaze me how fantastic some stories in the non aviation press become. I have read news articles written about incidents I have been involved with and wondered whether I was really there. Even the good old Beeb get it wrong more often that not. Never believe what happened until the AAIB have had their say.

helicopter-redeye
17th Feb 2005, 11:18
It made it onto the Look North Telly News at 1030 last night (yawn). The report said brake failure (long runway to wash off the speed though...)

:rolleyes:

LondonJ
17th Feb 2005, 17:19
About 2 years I was borrowing some headsets from a friends plane in a hanger, I was carrying my flight bag, I got what I needed and left. I returned two hours later having left my flight bag in the car and put the headsets back. A mechanic who didn't recognise me saw me arriving at the aircraft and leaving 2 hours later, originally with and then without the flight bag. Now the 'would be detective' put two and two together and decided that I must have been carrying a bomb and had just spent two hours installing it on a 6 seater aircraft that hadn't left the ground in 3 months. Anyway, I left the field and then get a text from a friend saying the airfield had been shut down and the police and bomb disposal unit had arrived, this information was then passed to the Sun who wrote something to the effect of 'one of Britain's busiest airfield was closed yestarday when a man was seen lurking near on of the aircraft'. Not often that you get to share page 3 of the Sun with Mike Tyson.

helicopter-redeye
17th Feb 2005, 18:12
'one of Britain's busiest airfield was closed yestarday when a man was seen lurking near one of the aircraft'

I saw a 319 captain lurking near his aircraft at Manchester earlier in the week. Should we have this one closed as well.

THE SUN SAYS ....

:zzz:

LondonJ
17th Feb 2005, 20:14
That would be ridiculous, I propose the government set-up a department called the National Association against Aircraft Lurkers (NAAL), this must be manned 24 hours a day by no fewer than 500 beauracrats. An extensive terror risk assessment can then be carried out when a pilot goes near an aircraft.

This seems to me to be the only logical solution.

Divergent Phugoid!
17th Feb 2005, 22:57
What a load of bollox!! Twas a simple case of the brakes locking on after landing! Nothing more nothing less!

No injury, evacuation, panic or otherwise!!

(Apart from the A/C was carrying 30 kg of plutonium that recently went missing......)

J is for JOKE!!