PDA

View Full Version : Cessna 182 3-blade prop

snchater
14th Feb 2005, 18:34
I want to fit a 3-bladed prop to my Cessna 182. Although this modification is accepted by the CAA for American-built Cessnas, they will not approve my installation as I have a Reims-built 182. My engineers assure me that the CAA is responsible to EASA. If I can provide details of any Reims-built 182 with a 3-bladed prop operating on any JAR country's register, then the CAA will have to accept my modification. Otherwise, I need to pay (many £££s) to have the modification approved.

Does any Ppruner know of any Reims 3-bladed 182s?

Many thanks in anticipation!

Flap40
14th Feb 2005, 19:08
A quick search of the photos on airliners.net gives D-EOPC with what looks like an MT or Hoffmann composite prop and OH-CHQ and LX-AIX with what look like "normal" metal props.
There is also a Polish reg'd one and a D reg with a 4 blader.

There are plenty of 182RG's with 3 blades.

HTH

PH-UKU
22nd Feb 2005, 16:31
Have a look at MT props. List of Cessna STC's applicable in Europe. Looks like 182s are well covered.

http://www.mt-propeller.com/en/stceasa_c.htm#cessna

:ok:

snchater
22nd Feb 2005, 18:08
Thanks for the replies- unfortunately although McCauley,Hartzell and MP all have certified 3-blade props for American built Cessna 182s, no-one within Europe seems to have approval for fitting them to French built Reims 182s.
Nice man at the CAA said that approval would be straightforward but would cost me ££££