PDA

View Full Version : Orlando Flight Training

Taweke
14th Feb 2005, 16:41
I was thinking of travelling to the US to train with these guys for my JAA PPL. Before committing, I was wondering if anyone here has any feedback about them? All help gratefully received!

www.flyoft.com

Flyin'Dutch'
14th Feb 2005, 19:29
Hi,

Do a search.

I have no experience with them but most flying schools will have been subject to some review/comments on here.

d192049d
16th Feb 2005, 16:47
Have rented from them in the past. Very helpful and accomodating organisation. From the outside looking in the school environment appeared at least as good as anything I have seen this side of the pond, with a clean modern fleet.

Just check their fleet availability since last years hurricanes as I think the airfield was hit quite hard?

Go for it but dont forget to plan for a few hours this side of the water when you get back as airspace and RT are different.

Mike

CRAZYBROADSWORD
16th Feb 2005, 20:04
If you are thinking of a JAA PPL just make sure they are still cert to do them :)

<<edit: CBS - whilst your comment is technically correct for ANY school, I'm at a loss as to why you felt the need to post it. What makes you suspect that OFT are no longer "certified" to teach JAA?>>

Jinkster
16th Feb 2005, 23:40
Hi,

Just noticed your post and thought i'd poing you in this direction.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=5558978996&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT

Jinkster

2Donkeys
17th Feb 2005, 09:20
Ah! An out of date AFD. What more could an ATPL want :D

This directory is ideal for PPL, CPL, ATPL, flying touring around the SE USA

In what way?

Grass strip basher
17th Feb 2005, 17:52
Have been there a couple of times myself, first time for a bit of PPL training and also did night rating at short notice with them (the fireworks over Disney are a great sight from a couple of thousand feet!).

They were very helpful, aircraft are well maintained and they have one of the most modern SEP training fleets in Florida. Never really had any problems with availiability so don't really have a bad word to say about them. CFI was a nice chap as well but might have changed since I was there in late October/November

Kissimee is also an interesting airfield as they have the warbird museum and I think "Stallion 51" is based there so you can find yourself sharing the circuit with Texans and Mustangs!

Make sure you have a US medical before you go... the UK one won't do.

PM me if you have any other questions and I'll answer as honestly as I can

GSB :ok:

Jinkster
17th Feb 2005, 17:54
Ah! An out of date AFD. What more could an ATPL want

Search me! :rolleyes:

2Donkeys
17th Feb 2005, 18:50
the fireworks over Disney are a great sight from a couple of thousand feet!

The Restricted Zone over disney is from SFC-3000. Don't try observing the fireworks from within the Zone, or you may find yourself answering some rather searching questions about your patriotism :D