PDA

View Full Version : Polish flight deck crew can only have 1 passport?

Peoudee
14th Feb 2005, 15:27
I am shortly to have a new JAA Frozen ATPL and have been told by the Polish embassy in London that under Polish law one is not allowed to have two passports.

I undersatnd many aircrew around the world have two passports so that visa's can be issued in the passport whilst flying on the other one.

Can anyone advise if this is true?

If so it could cause a great problem...especially after all the training costs!! but it's only money.

In the meantime I am writing to the Consul.

Thanks

P

PS Danny not sure which forum to post this in but would appreciate if this could stay in rumours for a day or two for maximum publicity?

HighandWide
14th Feb 2005, 16:38
Yes, the UK allow flight crew (including cabin crew) to have 2 completely different UK passports.
They require a letter from your airline / employer stating that you need it for visa applications etc. BA travel shop on regents street is very good at doing this, but charge a small fee.

Hope it helps!

Peoudee
14th Feb 2005, 18:55
Thanks for reply but I'm a Polish passport holder and don't have a British one.
Are there any polish pilots out there who would have some information?

Dentist
14th Feb 2005, 20:27
:cool: Hej bud, Well I would be up the creek, I have a Polish passport and also a non EU passport? Can get into the Us without a visa? all possible.....

Aussie
15th Feb 2005, 03:36
I have a polish passport and an Aussie one mate.
So ye, you can get it!

airbus172
15th Feb 2005, 04:49
I have a polish passport and a canadian one. No problems getting either as a dual citizen. I think there was a time in the past when a pole could only get into poland on a polish passport but I don't think thats the case now.

Paul Wilson
15th Feb 2005, 10:35
I think Peoudee is trying to get 2 Polish passports, which I certainly know is common in the UK.

top tip - Don't bring the wrong passport with all the Israeli stamps in it when going to certain Arab countries.

Jump Complete
16th Feb 2005, 16:11
What about having two UK passports to get round having a stamp from a state that a second state doesn't like? I knew a lady that was apparently arrested just because she had a stamp from Israel in her passport!

Edited because I was up all last night and am beginning to see double!

Peoudee
16th Feb 2005, 17:35
Thanks for all the reply guys.

Sorry for the confusion but my problem is I was born in Poland to polish parents so no chance for the dual citizenship.

I made some inquiries and know as an EU national I could possibly apply for a British citizenship after 4 years of living in UK.
( too long)

I was wondering if there are any polish pilots out there with 2 polish passports.

Thanks

Onan the Clumsy
17th Feb 2005, 03:43
Note, this story is from twenty years ago...

I had a mate who was from Armargh and he told me he had a British passport, an Irish one and an American one.

I asked him which one he would show if terrorists took over the airplane and without hesitation, he said "Well the Irish one of course." :ugh:

JJflyer
17th Feb 2005, 06:02
I have been flying with one passport for about 10 years now. Never had a problem with it.

Must say that a few times I wished that I had a duplicate and will get 2 at time of next renewal. Not that I really need it but you get two for the price of one.

JJ

Paul Wilson
17th Feb 2005, 08:28
JJFlyer, surely the best bet is to get the second passport now? Then when it comes time to renew your old one, you can just send it off for a postal application, and not have to worry about going down in person because you need it for a trip in a few days.

Jump complete, my father had 2 passports for just that reason, he was a Sales guy for Compair, and his area was the Middle East, which included Israel. (some companies put Israel as part of Europe to avoid problems with stamps in passports etc.) However, he once took the wrong one into, IIRC, Egypt, he wasn't noticed (or maybe was and he was tailed) on the way in, on the way out they let him board the aircraft, then 4 gentlemen with AK's asked him to help them with their enquiries. This was during the 80's when tensions were much higher than now.

I imagine that the best use these days is making sure that you don't have Arab stamps in a passport you are using to get into the US, how times change eh?