PDA

View Full Version : bournemouth atc

terry1261
14th Feb 2005, 13:50
Is it true bournemouth atc need 5 ATCOs?
Why are peolple not flocking to get there?
where are the adverts??

Evil J
14th Feb 2005, 22:31
Coz they only seem to offer bottom of scale, irrespective of experience!! Lousy MAG pension....need I go on?

Jerricho
14th Feb 2005, 23:16
One hears they have certain managerial issues as well.

Banana Split
15th Feb 2005, 08:13
Well they've just recruited one from Middle Wallop, but I don't think it's the happiest of units. I know it used to have a little clique, not sure about now though.

tribekey
15th Feb 2005, 09:36
Five ATCO'S left early last year for various reasons. Two (with radar)were recruited late last year and are undergoing training.
Also,an advert was placed in Flight late last year with a view to recruit two more controllers.Interviews took place but those offered the jobs turned them down as pay and conditions are not up to industry rates.
Two more controllers are starting soon but are not radar rated.

Manchester group promised a pay review last summer, this is still ongoing and hence potential recruits can only be told 'pay and conditions under review'.

Top of scale for a fully qualified controller with several years experience is about 45k. Few potential extra k's for l.c.e etc.
Shifts 6 on 3 off moving to 6 on 4 off when numbers increase.

Clique - maybe, but it is a generally friendly and pleasant unit with often challenging traffic.

ILS 119.5
15th Feb 2005, 18:38
If they are short of staff then why do they not advertise?

Chilli Monster
15th Feb 2005, 21:39
If they are short of staff then why do they not advertise?
Possible realisation that there aren't enough qualified people out there - therefore advertising maybe seen as pointless?
Two more controllers are starting soon but are not radar rated.

Any chance during OJT these new guys can be taught not to line someone up with one still to vacate and another on short final ;)

vfrflyer
16th Feb 2005, 10:58
What chance relocation package?

What chance a job with radar?

What chance 45k from start?

squibbler
16th Feb 2005, 11:21
Any chance during OJT these new guys can be taught not to line someone up with one still to vacate and another on short final ;)

People in glass houses etc..........! :E

Legs11
16th Feb 2005, 15:12
ooh Sqibbler, naughty:ooh:

161R
17th Feb 2005, 09:08
Shortage of ATCO's? Bournemouth?

If the owners of a nearby training establishment were also the ATS provider, wouldn't that make common sense?

OK. I see your point

goddammit
27th Feb 2005, 08:47
What chance relocation package?What chance a job with radar? What chance 45k from start?

Well vfrflyer, i see no reponse to those Q's here. Did you get any response by PM?

When did bournemouth last do 6 on 4 off? Will replacing the 5 that left last year be enough, or are even more required??

Is JB still captain of the ship?

nnelgcta
27th Feb 2005, 10:35
no wonder controller shortage when you receive no reply to sending in your cv and covering letter, even if it is in the negative!

vfrflyer
27th Feb 2005, 13:39
goddammit

No response of any sort.

nnelgcta
I don't think you're alone with that one, i think it's a reflection of the management style

goddammit
27th Feb 2005, 13:49
I spoke to somebody on the phone there just the other day, all a bit vague about recruitment, perhaps they've found all they want/need.

Ah well, maybe next time:ok:

Chilli Monster
27th Feb 2005, 15:13
no wonder controller shortage when you receive no reply to sending in your cv and covering letter, even if it is in the negative!

Obviously a MAG management technique used at all their airports ;)

Spitoon
27th Feb 2005, 17:39
Just had a look at the airport's website. Front page says you can fly to 36 destinations from there but when you click on the link there's only 15 places listed.

Maybe they have the same problem counting controllers.

tribekey
28th Feb 2005, 10:26
JB hasn't been manager since last october
only three of the five who left last year have been replaced-all undergoing training,two nearly complete.
three more are to be recruited.
MAG still haven't made a pay offer they promised last april but it is believed to be imminent.
Last M.D. of bournemouth airport was NOT good for the place,badly damaging morale etc.
ATC unit IS a good place to work,largely friendly etc.

vfrflyer
28th Feb 2005, 13:33
So who's manager now?

is jb still there?

Who's in charge of recruitment?