PDA

View Full Version : Yet another question

smellysnelly2004
13th Feb 2005, 23:41
I've been reading all about the technical interview on this site and there seems to be quite a large discrepancy in the detail of questions asked.
One particular post was frightening - somebody was asked to to explin in detail how INS worked (I'm presuming not just that they work with gyros) and what effect high pressure over the atlantic would have on flights
I would greatly appreciate advice in general, and the specific answers as the person who was asked these questions was interviewed in Birmingham, where I am being interviewed.

Thnks

Ryan

Barry Cuda
14th Feb 2005, 13:57
smelly, I was asked both of these questions when I did my interview 7 years ago and I didn't know the exact answer. I did have some idea about "gimbals" and wind directions and between my laymans speak and the interviewers patience we managed to get to an acceptable answer!

At the end of the day, if you don't know the answer then say so. If you know some of the answer then do your best bit don't start making things up to try and impress. The interviewer is trying to get an idea as to your overall knowledge, not whether you are capable of disassembling and then reassembling a 747 in 20 minutes...!