PDA

View Full Version : FAA STC on a G Reg

cblinton@blueyonder.
11th Feb 2005, 20:19
How do I go about finding out if I can fit a new windshield to my Bonanza fron beryl-d-shannon in the States with only a FAA STC.

Seems to be proving difficult!!
:confused:

Genghis the Engineer
11th Feb 2005, 22:36
You need to get the FAA STC holder to make an application on your behalf to EASA in Cologne, they'll probably then farm any approval work on your behalf to UK CAA.

Expensive and time consuming, but probably the only way at the moment I'm afraid.

G

dirkdj
12th Feb 2005, 05:53
From my understanding if somewhere in EASAland this STC has been installed previously, then it is automatically approved. At least in the UK this should make it much easier.

As I See It
14th Feb 2005, 05:05
As far as I am aware, you can make the application yourself, you will, however, need to provide detailed information of the mod to the CAA. It's been a long time since I was involved in this type of certification process, but it isn't too difficult just time consuming and sometimes frustrating. Plenty of people have gone down this route with various modifications, including tail dragger conversions and engine mods, the latter being one I remember getting involved in, mind you that was a long time befoe EASA!

HTH