PDA

View Full Version : Heart transplant flight LHR 9 Feb

cambioso
11th Feb 2005, 15:48
Just a quick thankyou to all you Guys & Gals that helped our "Live Heart" flight from Humberside into LHR at 1930ish on Wed evening (AAG166). Bent round and under the LAM stack high speed no-delay straight onto 27L and off at Block 83 (showing my age!) onto the royal suite....Fantastic. It's what we come to expect from you guys but we never take it for granted..thanks!!

P.S. Ops had another transplant trip for us as soon as we arrived on blocks, so a few quick calls and there we were... priority off 27R SVFR (hope you liked the "wheels-up" after the Air Malta) "battle climb" through 1000ft - above the wake - and early right turn to get out of your hair....
Thanks again.

viaEGLL
11th Feb 2005, 17:02
No problem and thanks for the great appreciation of speed inside 4dme:ok: :ok: :ok:

GT3
11th Feb 2005, 17:28
Was great to hear a switched on buis' jet pilot coming into LHR. And liked the "shall i come off at 83?" comment on 118.7. Good work:ok:

hold at SATAN
14th Feb 2005, 14:52
nice one cambioso

It was great how you asked for wheels up = saved me having to twiddle my thumbs. As for that climb rate...who would have thought a citation could do that. Certainly caught me off guard. Now if all our customers were as helpful as you...

:ok:

Talkdownman
15th Feb 2005, 10:23
Cambioso!
If only they knew...........! Just imagine what they could learn off you, Old Boy!
Glad your still getting some jet-fix.
Where's mine?
Mini

cambioso
15th Feb 2005, 19:41
Should we tell them Talkdownman or is ignorance bliss?
I haven't forgotten your fix mini......
Still wastin' baby?!!

Camb.

atcea.com
16th Feb 2005, 15:13
The scenario a few years back:
- Approach radar inop, using Center radar with 5 mit all A/C
- Peak arrival rush
- Serious weather on the final
- I'm notified an inbound 80 miles out has a medical emergency
---
I get the supervisor and tell him have Center clear the guy direct the marker. I coordinate with East Arrivals and Center to build my hole for the Emergency. I spin 2 guys and start dragging the final out to 30 miles. The Emergency comes in unrestricted...high and fast. It's "hello, cleared ILS Approach, contact tower." The next 30 minutes spent getting traffic back under control, out of holding and around the weather. I'm sweatin' but lovin' it.
---
The next day, I'm on a FAM trip. Captain says,"Must be nice working here; not busy and all. Why, just yesterday we had an emergency and we got direct the marker and there was no other traffic!"
"Yeah," I said. "It's pretty laid-back. We mostly just sit around and watch you guys fly." ;)