PDA

View Full Version : Advertising - targetting professional pilots and aircrew

tonyhalsall
11th Feb 2005, 10:07
I am trying to find out if there is such a thing as a publication which is broadly read by professional pilots, senior aircrew and the like.

Aside from the retail offerings - Pilot, Flyer etc - is there an 'in house' association or group which publishes a magazine regularly and which is predominantly read by professional pilots?

Any help - much appreciated.

thanks

Tony

Genghis the Engineer
11th Feb 2005, 10:15
Flight International.

Dreadful rag, excellent job page. I put a very small job advert in there a few years ago, cost a fortune, but got something like 3 times the responses I got from a couple of websites and 3 other magazines put together.

G

greatorex
11th Feb 2005, 10:23
Yes! And you'll find it HERE (http://www.pprune.org/advert.php). :D ;)

Cheers,

G

tonyhalsall
11th Feb 2005, 10:37
I'm not really looking to advertise aviation related products and worldwide is a waste of the resource.

Specifically I want to target professional Pilots based in the UK. I am placing an ad in the British Medical Journal which is targetting Doctors so I guess something similar - if it exists.

Thanks

Genghis the Engineer
11th Feb 2005, 10:47
It's an international business, you are probably stuck with that unless perhaps you advertise in BALPA's in-house magazine.

G

tonyhalsall
11th Feb 2005, 12:21
I contacted BALPA and they have an in house magazine called The Log. It is perfect for my needs.
Thank you for recommending it
Tony